best mobile provider ? one2call or dtac ? they dont give me 3g allowance

dirtycash

im in thailand 6 weeks allready, currently putting around 1000 baht per week into my one2call phone. im not getting much out of it and certainly not even getting internet allowance.

who is cheapest provider ? where can i top up to get internet on phone and how much should i top up ?

thanks

DC

As Crossy wrote, if you DON'T select a plan and use DATA Internet you will be charges an outrageous rate for DATA.

Whatever mobile service provider you choose to use, if you use mobile DATA Internet then you need to select a fixed Call/Internet Plan -or- select an 'add-on' service (which are either one-time or automatically re-occurring)

If you stay with AIS/One2Call Prepaid, then take a look at this Add-on Internet options:

AIS 3G Mobile Internet

Personally, as I don't stream video, I use the 69฿ 7-day / 384kbps speed top-up option.

Edited by RichCor

As Crossy wrote, if you DON'T select a plan and use DATA Internet you will be charges an outrageous rate for DATA.

Whatever mobile service provider you choose to use, if you use mobile DATA Internet then you need to select a fixed Call/Internet Plan -or- select an 'add-on' service (which are either one-time or automatically re-occurring)

If you stay with AIS/One2Call Prepaid, then take a look at this Add-on Internet options:

AIS 3G Mobile Internet

Personally, as I don't stream video, I use the 69฿ 7-day / 384kbps speed top-up option.

That must all be the wrong links, because I can't find Bigwhitewarrior's package where he gets 3Gb at full speed for 65 Baht a week

AIS 3G Mobile Internet

I use the 69 baht weekly package as well but noticed when i topped up this morning on the ais app that there is now a cap of 750mb on it after which it reverts to 64kbps from 384kbps. Doesn't seem to mention that on your link though. Edited by Orac

Too many plans to even list here.

1000 Baht per week, laughable.

Simple 3G package is 799 Baht per month (up to 4 GB, throttled after that): *777*76#

For slowmotion:

384 kBit/s, 24 hours, up to 150 MB: 14 Baht, dial *777*738#

512 kBit/s, 24 hours, up to 200 MB: 15 Baht, dial *777*210#

Plans, plans, plans,,,

http://www.ais.co.th/3g-one-2-call/promotion-detail.aspx?language=th&type=net&id=39

Edited by KhunBENQ

Yea, I just noticed that change too. I also notice there are several 69฿ entries as well.

*777*731#(send) 69฿ --- Maximum speed of 384 Kbps (including 750 MB) then 64kbps unlimited --- 7 days

(Only for AIS 3G One-2-Call!)

*777*740#(send) 79฿ --- maximum speed of 512Kbps (Total 1.2 GB) then 64kbps unlimited --- 7 days

*777*723#(send) 69฿ --- Unlimited --- 7 days [doesn't indicate data rate]

*777*983#(send) 69฿ --- maximum speed of 384kbps (including 750MB) then Unlimited --- weekly [doesn't state what the 'unlimited' speed rate is]
*777*982#(send) 79฿ --- maximum speed of 512Kbps (Total 1.2 GB) then 64kbps unlimited --- 7 days
Why all the duplicate offers. Though it looks like they're now rate limiting 'unlimited' to 64kbps. Used to be a good deal, too.

Why all the duplicate offers. Though it looks like they're now rate limiting 'unlimited' to 64kbps. Used to be a good deal, too.

Looks like.

I am certain there was a true flat rate at 384 kBit/s for 14 Baht/24h.

Now limited to 150 MB.

Edited by KhunBENQ

1000 a week? Are you nuts?..... Not even a bar girl with 30 boyfriends does that much!

far from nuts , i forgot to mention i call uk regular......went to ais today in tukcom and it seems my sim is old and needs updating for 3g, will go back tomorrow as they advised me and top up around 600 baht per month for 5mb of internet.

I haven't made a 'landline' or 'Cell' call to the UK for years...

Skype, FaceTime and LINE all have video calling.... (as well as conventional calls)...

Op: You may cut your bills significantly by either using:

- Skype to call any number (you'll need an account and credit)

- FaceTime (ensuring both caller and receive have an apple product - iPhone or iPad)

- LINE messenger (both parties require any smart phone or computer running LINE messenger App)

• Like 1

I haven't made a 'landline' or 'Cell' call to the UK for years...

Skype, FaceTime and LINE all have video calling.... (as well as conventional calls)...

Op: You may cut your bills significantly by either using:

- Skype to call any number (you'll need an account and credit)

- FaceTime (ensuring both caller and receive have an apple product - iPhone or iPad)

- LINE messenger (both parties require any smart phone or computer running LINE messenger App)

With Line Premium call you can also make paid calls to land lines and mobiles. Cheaper than Skype and far better quality.

• Like 1

Too many plans to even list here.

1000 Baht per week, laughable.

Simple 3G package is 799 Baht per month (up to 4 GB, throttled after that): *777*76#

For slowmotion:

384 kBit/s, 24 hours, up to 150 MB: 14 Baht, dial *777*738#

512 kBit/s, 24 hours, up to 200 MB: 15 Baht, dial *777*210#

Plans, plans, plans,,,

http://www.ais.co.th/3g-one-2-call/promotion-detail.aspx?language=th&type=net&id=39

*777*987#phone_table.png takes that to 12GB for the first three months. Then cancel and begin again.

*777*985#phone_table.png gives 3GB for the first three months and costs 428 baht as opposed to 855.

I think it kind of depends on whether the OP has access to uncapped home internet/wifi.

If he does, the voice over IP mobile to mobile calling options from Thailand to the UK are numerous are numerous and free. LINE, Google Hangouts, Skype, etc etc, assuming both parties have those apps on their devices at either end of the call.

If he has no home wifi/internet and is relying exclusively on Thai mobile data services, then making VOIP calls using those apps is going to cost money via having a Thai mobile data allotment/plan, but probably is going to be cheaper than any Thai mobile direct calling offering to the UK where calls are billed by the minute, especially if he's doing a lot of calling.

But if the parties at the other end of the call in the UK are only on landlines or have mobiles that aren't smartphones, then services like Skype can offer a good value.

For VOIP calling to UK landlines only, Skype offers 400 minutes per month for $3.99+. Or unlimited UK landline calls for $4.99 per month.

If he needs landlines and mobile numbers in the UK, it's 400 minutes per month for $11.99+, or unlimited UK landline and mobile calls and calls to select other European countries for $19.99 per month via their Unlimited Europe plan.

http://www.skype.com/en/rates/#scom