Thai Visa Group Ride - soon

ll2

According to the Bangkok Post 24/2/2015.

Police permission is required for group rides.

Plus other restrictions ?

it is required for big groups but never seen a police guy asked this in my riding life here.

so, it is not necessary for trip to Bang Saen.

it is required for big groups but never seen a police guy asked this in my riding life here.

Your riding life may have been attitude adjusted on 22/05/2014.

I will check later this evening at the Suk / Asoke junction. There are usually multiple groups of riders bunching together at the stop lights. I'll step out in front of the leading Wave / Fino / Nuovo whatever and demand to see his permit. It will be safe to do that when the light is red (mostly safe, that is).

• Like 1

Your riding life may have been attitude adjusted on 22/05/2014.

lets wait and see then. not wearing a helmet is also illegal here no? like many rules that are illegal but legal at the same time. i call it semi legal!

most probably it is for harley groups that clog all the lanes of a highway and creating problems for other vehicles.

i dont think so they create problems for 10 guys running along Bang Na Trat for 100 km to Bang Saen,

Moreover, after every red light, it is like a group in Thailand ride as 'papa' stated before! so how they can differentiate?

if we ride 1 km distance to each other, is it still a group ride? if i ride with my friend to Bang Saen two riders, is it still a group ride?

not clear IMO so attitude adjustment is going to harley guys it looks like.

But i see your concern Anthony as clearly it is a way to make us better money cows and a reason for police to stop us and abuse us.

Edited by ll2

I vote for Bang Sean. ?

+1 then I can ride up from Pattaya.

It's clear that many posters here are working in Thailand so going on weekdays not possible for them.

A shame really, I normally only ride (trips on big bike) on weekdays, less traffic, beach restaurants almost empty and so on.

In the weekends, all people living in Bangkok are escaping the big smoke which is understandable and find a place by the beach somewhere.

I vote for Bang Sean.

+1 then I can ride up from Pattaya.

It's clear that many posters here are working in Thailand so going on weekdays not possible for them.

A shame really, I normally only ride (trips on big bike) on weekdays, less traffic, beach restaurants almost empty and so on.

In the weekends, all people living in Bangkok are escaping the big smoke which is understandable and find a place by the beach somewhere.

With my schedule, my 4 weeks off are 4 weeks of weekends. Can go for a ride any day if I don't plan anything else (and I often do).

Sometimes I get taken by surprise at the traffic jams and then I realize it's a weekend for everyone else. :D

• Like 2

I'm interested, need to confirm with my GF if she wants to go too. I'm near Central Rama 9.

where is the meetup point?

I would imagine that the most appropriate meetup point would be somewhere along BangNa Trat Chonburi Expressway. There is another group ride (not TV) to Bang Saen this weekend and their meetup point is Esso/McD's on Bang Na Trat.

Should be real simple for you, coming from Rama 9.

Posts discussing moderation have been removed. Continuing to discuss moderation will result in a suspension.

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy. You will not block contact with moderators or administrators. Doing so will result in suspension.

One Post Removed.

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific
or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email
support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

Two Posts Deleted.

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific
or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email
support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.