Thai Visa Group Ride - soon

ll2

Your first route, Bangkok - SiSawat is 269 km one way. Round trip would be over 500 kms. Might be too long a ride.

What I might do is Bangkok - Thong Pha Phum - Kanchanaburi (410 km). Overnight.

http://goo.gl/maps/MrYpt

Reason is that the 323 is made for riding at brisk speeds.

Next day, Kan - SiSawat - Bo Phloi - Bangkok (434 km). The cop I met on the SiSawat ferry crossing suggested that this is a nice scenic route (via Bo Phloi)

http://goo.gl/maps/C3rvp

I will definitely not be up for 15th March as I will be in Europe for meeting. 7-8 March is a possibility though.

Edited by Gweiloman
  • Like 1

Hey guys, I'm away 8-14 on vacation. What about the weekends following 21/3 or 28/3?

I vote for Bang Saen.

P.S. as for pace, I am comfortable with 120-130 kmh. But I don't mind if others want to take off for a while and we catch up a bit later.

• Like 1

I will maybe be in, cannot say 100% sure, I got a kid man and he comes first.

I am in Pattaya.

Today I was out riding 215km on the V, I was in very good company with a friend on a Duke Hyperstrada, we rode Patts-Ko Samet ferry terminal (a beach near by) and back to Pattaya. Had lunch at a place called Buffalo steak house, beach very quiet and some tourists on rented scooters with some fancy sidecars fitted with sofa's and sun roof.

Speeds vary all the time, I saw +170 on the clock a couple of times (that Duke is fast man) but mostly around 120-140 and at all times having safe riding as main objective. It was a great trip, my ins. cluster fuel calculator said +22km/l for that trip, not bad man.

• Like 1

We could always race from Bangkok to Pattaya and back at sunrise on a Sunday morning leaving the Sukhumvit Bang Na intersection at 6AM and be back in Bangers at 9AM. Then go somewhere in Bangkok together as a group to have pizza for breakfast. :)

We could always race from Bangkok to Pattaya and back at sunrise on a Sunday morning leaving the Sukhumvit Bang Na intersection at 6AM and be back in Bangers at 9AM. Then go somewhere in Bangkok together as a group to have pizza for breakfast. smile.png

Are you nuts? Sorry, just checked your user id and you just one (nut) haha.

Where's a good place for a pizza breakfast in Bangkok?

Yes, Wing is Thai for run or drive. And Nut, well, you already know that part.

Since the rules are that the winner of the race will need to buy the pizza for everyone else, you just let me worry about that part. What do you like on your pizza by the way? Haha.

Also, more likely we will be back by about 8:30AM and not 9:00AM. Try not to get back later than 9:30AM though or all the pizza might be gone by then already :)

6 am? <deleted> that!!

Riding at sunrise is great. I used to ride down to Pattaya all the time a couple of years ago and always leave Bangkok at sunrise. There were often big sport bike groups riding down fast too at that time.

By the way, I'll even just ride my 250 to try and make things a bit more interesting, but unfortunately I'll still probably be the one buying everyone pizza. Is pepperoni okay for you? :)

6 am? <deleted> that!!

Yeah, you're a 7 am start guy aren't you?

Only when there's 420 km to go.

And Saturday night is party night so Sunday not before 9 am.

Gweiloman, you coming to WSBK at Buriram in March?

Edited by H1w4yR1da

The earlier you ride, the cooler it is. Just call it "The Beat The Heat" race.

If you have trouble waking up at 4:30AM just don't go to sleep the night before. There will be plenty of time to sleep after 10AM.

Just watch out for those U-Turning Lorries on the Bang Na highway. They can be a bit painful.

6 am? <deleted> that!!

Yeah, you're a 7 am start guy aren't you?

Only when there's 420 km to go.

And Saturday night is party night so Sunday not before 9 am.

Gweiloman, you coming to WSBK at Buriram in March?

Yes, got my hotel booked Friday - Sun but might stay an extra night (I'm sure it's no problem to get a room on Sun nt as most would be returning on Sun after the race).

Havent got my ticket yet but I don't imagine that it would sold out. Does anyone know whether a grandstand ticket would allow me to go to the sidestands? I've got a bunch of friends in the grandstand section as well

i want to be the sweeper so no probs about slow or missing riders.

lets do he Thai mx gp guys!

If that's your bike in your avatar, there will be no other choice as being the sweeper biggrin.png

hahah, yeah anyway:)

guys lets do the ride on 8th of March as it looks like it is better for everyone.

So, now which route?

I think visit Thai mx GP gp 8th or a sea food trip to 'bang saen' looks like the most reasonable.

One Post Deleted

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

• Like 1