Group ride Bangkok - Bang Saen on March 8th.

Shurup

What time should we start?

If it's an early start, I'll ride into BKK a night before, but if not too early, I'll leave my moo ban very early in the morning and hopefully will avoid all the BKK traffic riding through.

i think it will be helpfull to anounce for which type of bikes and which riding style this event will be. imo it doesnt make sense to mix 150cc bikes with 1000cc bikes nor mixing racers with beginners for example.... i dont want to exclude anybody but in order everybody can enjoy the ride the types are bikes shouldnt vary too much

Sorry for late reply. Just returned from Pattaya today. Rode down yesterday with another group of expat riders (mostly young kids, haha). It was a really mixed group. We had two Filipinos, one Russian, one South Korean, one Taiwanese, one Hong Konger and me.

Bikes were very varied. I rode my Versys. There was a Duc Monster, CBR650, Sym 400, 2 x Forza 300 and a Ninja 250.

Met at Esso / McDonalds on Bang Na Trat, just after the Design Centre. Cruising speed of appointed group leader was 110. This caused some of the slower riders having to blast up to 140 kph to catch up if they got caught behind traffic. Stopped at PTT just at the Chonburi bypass to regroup. Agreed that leading speed was too slow. So the run into Pattaya was at a leading speed of 120-125 kph. Easier for the others to keep up as more lanes and no one got caught behind traffic. One almost catastrophic incident. Some of the trailing riders hit a deep hump somewhere around the construction area. One guy was almost thrown off his bike. It was so violent that his seat (Forza) actually came off.

Anyway, back on topic.

Yes, I'm up for the ride. Bang Saen is a really short distance, it would take no more than an hour to reach there so absolutely no need for an early start. I'm glad to report that the Bang Na Trat is now 10 times better than previously. Road works are practically 90% done. Only needed to get off the main road only once or twice, either direction.

If the plan is to have lunch in Bang Saen, then I might just go to Pattaya the day before and ride up with Guzzi. Any particular reason for choosing Bang Saen? I can recommend Bang Amphur in NaJomtien - it's a lot less crowded than Bang Saen and for you guys, that journey should take around 2 hours at most.

• Like 1

Bad timing for me with the Thai MX GP on Sunday. I rode there on Saturday morning to take a look and the track looks rubbish but I'm gonna go anyway, the racing might still be good and it's only once a year.

Hope you all have a good ride...

I'll try and come although not sure at the moment if I have to work this weekend. Going to Bangsaen I'd suggest maybe detouring to go via the road that runs around Bang Phra reservoir. Only about 20 km more (guess) and it's a nice bit of road. Connects the Pattaya motorway to Sukhumvit back before Sriracha.

Any particular reason for choosing Bang Saen? I can recommend Bang Amphur in NaJomtien - it's a lot less crowded than Bang Saen and for you guys, that journey should take around 2 hours at most.

I would be up for a ride to Jomtien too, a little longer than the Bang Sean but still not too far for a day ride. But whatever we can decide on the spot.

I may be riding my scooter down to Bang Saray this week. I might meet up with you all for lunch on the way back. It all depends on my minimal work schedule for the 9th/10th. I would not be part of the group ride.

http://goo.gl/maps/206zG

Upside

- good distance for a day's ride

- not as crowded as Bang Saen (normally)

Downside

- 3 baht to use the toilets

I'm OK with this plan, somthing that is longer than one hour ride is fine with me.

I can be gone all day, just have to be back to BKK the same day

An option is to bring the misses, is it not? Or you can both go down to Pattaya the night before and then return to Bkk on the sunday

Looks like I will have to be in Satthahiip around then. I will very likely join for lunch :) I am looking at my routing now.

I have to go to Chachoengsao (immigration) but rarely ride the scooter much further. My partner does the driving to Satthahiip usually or I get a van and driver from work.

http://goo.gl/maps/206zG

Upside

- good distance for a day's ride

- not as crowded as Bang Saen (normally)

Downside

- 3 baht to use the toilets

I'm OK with this plan, somthing that is longer than one hour ride is fine with me.

I can be gone all day, just have to be back to BKK the same day

Good route, I'm in.

@9am at the shell suk 23 is confirmed for bkk depts?

Update: more refined route.

basically where we meet and where we are going.
route is better this way:

Route 1 - Fast Route

or we can go thorough highway number 3 as we might have smaller cc bikes and highway number 3 is a slower road better suited for mix of riders with varying experience and bikes and ccs.
it is a better road with better scenery too IMO and only it will take maybe 20 minute more than Bang Na - Trat Highway. So, it makes the ride slightly longer which is better. This route is 103 kms and the fast Bang na Trat one is 89 kms.

Route 2 - Slower Route but better scenery.

so, second route is a better one for mixed group of riders. If clicking the link doesn't work then just copy paste the whole link.

Any point of joining if i like to cruise around 110-120km/h or is everyone going lot faster?

That's fine, there might be a few PCX riders. :-/

If we have any slower riders, we will take HWY 3, if not, then Bang Na trat WHY

Man I am confused now, are we meeting in Bang Saen or lower Jomtien??

What time at either place?

Looks like I am the only one from Pattaya?

Guzzi, will you ride up from Pattaya if you're on your own? If not, then I'll come down on 07 March and ride up with you on the 08th. If you are willing to ride to BS alone, then I won't commit to coming to Patts on 07th.