What's Happening?

CymruAmByth

I'm going to the Uk with Emirates next week and called them earlier to confirm what restrictions are.

Can take a bag, 45cm x 35cm x 16cm, No liquids, electrical items or mobiles ( all to be checked in)

i dont know about local flights but call the airline or the airport and they should be a ble to help. i think there are numbers for DM on here, the top section of the forum

Hi Guys,

Flying to KL Sunday for a short business trip.

Help me out with waiting times for check-in and what you can/cannot take on board please.

All advice gratefully accepted. Thanks in advance.

:o

Don't think you will have any problems with flight to KL. Flights to UK will have the no carry-on baggage restriction. No liquids, aerosols, etc allowed. Will need to have all those normal carry-on items in checked baggage. Thai International has new rules posted on its internet site if you want to look at the details. Expect other airlines to do the same.

:D

No carry on electronic equipment? Is this still in place? Do people with lap-tops and expensive mobile phones still have to check them in with luggage?

Plus, most (if not all) insurance policies consider electronic goods 'valuables' so a claim against checked in 'valuables' would be worthless.

No carry on electronic equipment? Is this still in place? Do people with lap-tops and expensive mobile phones still have to check them in with luggage?

Plus, most (if not all) insurance policies consider electronic goods 'valuables' so a claim against checked in 'valuables' would be worthless.

To/from UK Yes. :o

Flew out of Bangkok last week with Gulf Air and they didn't seem to bother too much.

Had an over-sized carry-on bag including mobile, aerosols (shaving cream) and a couple of road beers (to be consumed during take-off).

The bag didn't even have to go through x-ray upon check-in. Only when walking to the gate in the departure hall it had to go through the machine and no problem at all.

I didn't fly to the UK though so maybe that makes a difference.

I flew out of Don Muang on 20 July

we got an extra scan with hand held metal detector right after clearing passport control from a soldier in uniform

I was able to carry on my bottle of water from BKK to TPE but had to surrender it on the TRP to HNL leg - can't carry it if going to USA.

We also had a 2nd hand held scan in TPE prior to the gate and our carry on got scanned again

minor inconvenience

Flew out of Bangkok last week with Gulf Air and they didn't seem to bother too much.

Had an over-sized carry-on bag including mobile, aerosols (shaving cream) and a couple of road beers (to be consumed during take-off).

The bag didn't even have to go through x-ray upon check-in. Only when walking to the gate in the departure hall it had to go through the machine and no problem at all.

I didn't fly to the UK though so maybe that makes a difference.

Booked BKK-LHR for next month. My travel agent said restrictions are being enforced to the UK, though they'll probably be eased by the time I fly a month from now.

As to Gulf Air, I can't imagine they need to be ultra cautious, do you?

keda

As to Gulf Air, I can't imagine they need to be ultra cautious, do you?

keda

I guess any airline would have to be cautious. Gulf Air might be owned by Arabs but on some routes such BKK-Bahrain the majority of the passengers are in fact Westerners and considering the mind set of terrorists they don't bother too much about collateral damage.

I guess any airline would have to be cautious. Gulf Air might be owned by Arabs but on some routes such BKK-Bahrain the majority of the passengers are in fact Westerners and considering the mind set of terrorists they don't bother too much about collateral damage.

Gulf Air used to be cautious, though not as cautious as the Kuwaiti carrier. Remember that Bahrain provided facilities for the envofrcement of the no-fly zone over Southern Iraq. I don't know the current level of involvement.

Soon we will all be given robes and slippers to change into before going through security.

Our clothes and other items will be shipped with the other cargo while we are going to our destination half-naked.

Seems like the direction this whole charade is going.

Don't know about charades, but it seems the 'finest' have certainly led Western civilisation by the nose to between a rock and a rather hard place.

Still, it's easy to become pissed off by perceiving our protectors to be going OTT and wasting their time and effort and money, and ours - yet should they fail to do so, and the 'finest' get through, guess who's gonna be up in arms?

keda

Hello Fellow Travellers,

Just returned, and apart from an atshmatic Alsation accompanied by a 12 year old soldier at Don Muang....everything appeared normal.

Lots of info about the UK and USA though. I was asked by the perfume girl (no...not for me) in KL airport if I was flying to the US or UK, as she would not sell me the perfume if I was, because I would not be allowed it on the aircraft.

Happy travelling!