Will never complain about Patong again

phuketrichard

Uk jase in 82 i think kho samui was well on the map and lamai and chaweng were already quite full of bungalow next to each other still with the drugs about every where in the open

Talk to me about 76 ok there was few ungalows o n chaweng with a dozen of falang. Still ahead of phuket where there was no bungalow on patong just a couple of restaurant shop catering for 20 or so falang . Just after that phuket rocket the wild urbanisation and in 78 all the beaches nai harn karon et c where occupied and bungalowed the palm for patong with few storey concrete buiding for hotels

Trust me you don,t want to see the hell they created . Once is enough for anyone that has any common sense or morals. Both places attract some really creepy foreigners both men and women.

I have not been in any of the 2 since 83. And neither attract me to live there or for a holiday

Samui is paradise lost like so much of Thailand. Wall to wall shops , obnoxious foreigners and obnoxious Thais. Mafia controlled , numerous foreign criminals, over priced crap Thai food, crowded beaches. Travel half way around the world to the pit of humanity for what ? Having said that Pattaya , Phuket, Koh Phi Phi, Koh Tao, Chiang Mai, Pai, Koh Chang and other locations add to the list.

Would you please name a place you'd recommend, be it Thailand or elsewhere?

Agree. Lamai used to be one of the best beaches, loveliest laid back destinations in the world. Patong/Pattaya long gone Ko Chang too....If you want a beach really only the SW and its islands left and I don't mean the sink that is Ao Nang/Krabi. Anyway 3 billion Chinese are going to wreck everywhere in time.......smile.pngsmile.png Lovers of wildernesses..time to move on!!

Agree. Lamai used to be one of the best beaches, loveliest laid back destinations in the world. Patong/Pattaya long gone Ko Chang too....If you want a beach really only the SW and its islands left and I don't mean the sink that is Ao Nang/Krabi. Anyway 3 billion Chinese are going to wreck everywhere in time.......smile.pngsmile.png Lovers of wildernesses..time to move on!!

The advent of low cost airlines...available to the masses has help create this.and tourist destinations cant keep up.I have nothing against "travel for all"....but we are seeing the consequences which is the ruination of once lovely places.

I keep my special places to myself. I guess you believe its best to cover Thailand with Burger Kings , Girly Bars and drunk foreigners. Anyone that understands the problems tend to keep their places a secret.

Samui is paradise lost like so much of Thailand. Wall to wall shops , obnoxious foreigners and obnoxious Thais. Mafia controlled , numerous foreign criminals, over priced crap Thai food, crowded beaches. Travel half way around the world to the pit of humanity for what ? Having said that Pattaya , Phuket, Koh Phi Phi, Koh Tao, Chiang Mai, Pai, Koh Chang and other locations add to the list.

Would you please name a place you'd recommend, be it Thailand or elsewhere?

Samui was an absolute paradise in 1985. But now? I couldn't agree with you more. It's such a dump now. Glad I chose Phuket.

and phuket is not a dump??

Patong is MUCH better /cheaper /cleaner than Chaweng beach

and Patong is NOT all of Phuket ( which is far from a dump)

Yes, Samui really is Paradise Lost.

Went to Chaweng beach in 1982. Bungalow right on the beach 100 Bt per night. Only place to eat was the restaurant belonging to the bungalows.

We used to collect Hoi Lai straight off the beach, boiled 'em up and ate them.

A stunningly beautiful coconut palm covered island.

I went there once. About 12 years ago. Hotel on the beach, girlfriend on the 'phone. Same old same old.

post-35489-0-07632800-1425315865_thumb.j