Cowards on the forum

Gweiloman

A friend recounted to me recently a story on a biking forum:

There was a poster who would "like" his post and then subsequently "unlike" it. The first time it happened, he thought it was merely the involuntary motor reflex action of an old geriatric. However, after about 6-7 of such instances, he came to the conclusion that it's the intentional action of an old geriatric who is experiencing his second childhood (not unlike young kids who hide behind obstacles and throw stones at other people).

He also receive multiple unsolicited PM's from this same geriatric making veiled threats and finishing off his PM's with the following : "You take care out there now...xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.FVjgnKnWS14g" Worse, this cowardly stalker would then block him (my friend) so that my friend was unable to reply by PM.

My friend asked me what I thought the reason could be. After discounting various possibilities, we both came to the conclusion that the stalker was most likely suffering from an inferiority complex and one of the seven deadly sins - envy (my friend owns a few bikes and lives a relatively comfortable life).

I'm so glad that we don't have such posters on our lovely and friendly forum. But it set me thinking - what if we did? How would any of you react? As for me, ignoring such sad characters is probably the best solution.

Here's the countdown clock until thread closure.

xin_2920706140848515287489.jpg

Why? It's not completely related to biking but it's talking about bikers so I would imagine that that would be sufficiently interesting for other bikers as well. Furthermore, since it (ahem) doesn't involve any poster on this forum, it's just a matter for general discussion.

This would be a very boring forum if only threads about specs of bikes are allowed.

I believe i know the two duelers involved..One has 50 years riding experience and the other has only 3 years...The 3 year guy appears to be suffering from major symptoms of extreme envy for some reason...hell we all know that you have to learn to crawl before you can run.....all he needs to do is go out and ride a lot more...The other slightly older guy has done his hard time riding in all sorts of weather and conditions and now can just sit back and not have to try and prove himself...the younger guy of course is adamant that his 3 years riding and lots of video viewing makes him a superior rider..sadly in fact it does not and it shows...

I believe also that the more experienced rider has on two occassions or more requested that the young pup should race him on a race track and decide once and for all who had the better abilities and so put an end to their BS...again sadly, the younger guy declined the offer.....who is really the coward? one may wonder.

• Like 1

I believe i know the two duelers involved..One has 50 years riding experience and the other has only 3 years...The 3 year guy appears to be suffering from major symptoms of extreme envy for some reason...hell we all know that you have to learn to crawl before you can run.....all he needs to do is go out and ride a lot more...The other slightly older guy has done his hard time riding in all sorts of weather and conditions and now can just sit back and not have to try and prove himself...the younger guy of course is adamant that his 3 years riding and lots of video viewing makes him a superior rider..sadly in fact it does not and it shows...

I believe also that the more experienced rider has on two occassions or more requested that the young pup should race him on a race track and decide once and for all who had the better abilities and so put an end to their BS...again sadly, the younger guy declined the offer.....who is really the coward? one may wonder.

One would imagine that the guy with the 50 years riding experience would not even tell the time of the day to the pup, don't you think? But strangely, the more experienced guy starts to stalk the pup, bombards him with PM after PM, even to the point of challenging the young pup to a race (all money to be put up by the young pup of course as the older guy is obviously penniless. Fortunately, the young pup, being of astute financial acumen, wisely and sensible declined).

Failing that, the older guy resorts to threats as to how he's a respected member of an outlaw gang of motorcyclists and that the other gang members are currently roaming the city in question in pick ups and step throughs, looking for the young pup to settle the score.

If it wasn't really happening to my friend, I would be telling him to lay off the yaaba, hahahaha. After all, no self respecting member of an outlaw gang would actually say that he is a respected member of an outlaw gang 55. Apart from Herbert Hoffman, I doubt there are many 68 year olds in Thailand who would still want to race around a track.

Anyway, like I said in my OP, I'm glad that here on TV forum, we are such a bunch of close knit, agreeable bikers.

It's possible to click like accidentally instead of trying to quote the post when using the thaivisa app for Android. I find myself clicking it accidentally and then having to unlike it.

Don't take the internet so seriously.

Once, yes. Twice, possibly. 6 times? 7 times? The clicker must be an accident himself.

One would imagine that the guy with the 50 years riding experience would not even tell the time of the day to the pup, don't you think? But strangely, the more experienced guy starts to stalk the pup, bombards him with PM after PM, even to the point of challenging the young pup to a race (all money to be put up by the young pup of course as the older guy is obviously penniless. Fortunately, the young pup, being of astute financial acumen, wisely and sensible declined).

Failing that, the older guy resorts to threats as to how he's a respected member of an outlaw gang of motorcyclists and that the other gang members are currently roaming the city in question in pick ups and step throughs, looking for the young pup to settle the score.

If it wasn't really happening to my friend, I would be telling him to lay off the yaaba, hahahaha. After all, no self respecting member of an outlaw gang would actually say that he is a respected member of an outlaw gang 55. Apart from Herbert Hoffman, I doubt there are many 68 year olds in Thailand who would still want to race around a track.

Anyway, like I said in my OP, I'm glad that here on TV forum, we are such a bunch of close knit, agreeable bikers.

Interesting....you actually have this BS info about outlaw biker from the other guy do you?...i'm calling BS on this one..The other guy has shown me a PM from you warning him of a 3rd party who has in fact made this info to you...I state that you are simply lying straight out on this point....The opponent has in no way at all ever made mention of this which you speak..Legal advice is being sought on this matter....All this non sense has come according to your mail from another person and not at all from the one you are telling lies about on public forum..You really are desperate to save face...lying will bring you undone for sure.

Edited by andreandre

Some farang get chosen by the wrong Thai women, and they react on TV accordingly, to vent their damaged spleen (and ego) as it weresad.png

Don't you mean that some farang chose the wrong Thai women as opposed to being chosen?

Don't know about other threads on this forum but luckily, here on the biking forum, all of us have chosen the right woman (or man, as the case may be).

Interesting....you actually have this BS info about outlaw biker from the other guy do you?...i'm calling BS on this one..The other guy has shown me a PM from you warning him of a 3rd party who has in fact made this info to you...I state that you are simply lying straight out on this point....The opponent has in no way at all ever made mention of this which you speak..Legal advice is being sought on this matter....All this non sense has come according to your mail from another person and not at all from the one you are telling lies about on public forum..You really are desperate to save face...lying will bring you undone for sure.

Huh? What are you talking about?

Jim (yes, that's me!)

Some farang get chosen by the wrong Thai women, and they react on TV accordingly, to vent their damaged spleen (and ego) as it weresad.png

Don't you mean that some farang chose the wrong Thai women as opposed to being chosen?

Don't know about other threads on this forum but luckily, here on the biking forum, all of us have chosen the right woman (or man, as the case may be).

The more time I spend with mine the less I am inclined to think like that Jim. Probably should have got me a Muslim as this one is too jealous...wonder what a second or third wife (could always get one of those Tiger sidecar scooters...see I kept it about <self deleted> biking) would be like?

cheesy.gif

The more time I spend with mine the less I am inclined to think like that Jim. Probably should have got me a Muslim as this one is too jealous...wonder what a second or third wife (could always get one of those Tiger sidecar scooters...see I kept it about <self deleted> biking) would be like?

cheesy.gif

You're one of the lucky ones, Dave. I remember how sweetly she put up with all your wrong turns and merely stood demurely by the road side with an amused smile whilst we were all getting drenched by that almighty shit thunderstorm.

Having said that, jealousy is only a natural human emotion. I get round that by adhering to the dogma of "what they don't know won't hurt them".

I'm sure my PCX (if it had feelings) would be jealous of my subsequent purchases (bikes! relevant to a biking forum after all) but I park my other bikes off site in order to avoid any confrontations. The problem with having multiple wives would be the same as having multiple bikes - which one to ride on which day of the week.

Jim (yes, that's me!)

Edited by Gweiloman
  • Like 1

cheesy.gif

You're one of the lucky ones, Dave. I remember how sweetly she put up with all your wrong turns and merely stood demurely by the road side with an amused smile whilst we were all getting drenched by that almighty shit thunderstorm.

Having said that, jealousy is only a natural human emotion. I get round that by adhering to the dogma of "what they don't know won't hurt them".

I'm sure my PCX (if it had feelings) would be jealous of my subsequent purchases (bikes! relevant to a biking forum after all) but I park my other bikes off site in order to avoid any confrontations. The problem with having multiple wives would be the same as having multiple bikes - which one to ride on which day of the week.

Jim (yes, that's me!)

I had ONE wrong turn (Suphanburi where we went through the town rather than around it) and the other turns, if you remember correctly, were initiated by Herr ll2. Don't worry, I was <self deleted> blood for a week because she thought we were going too quickly and was going away on my kidneys like Rocky on the beef carcass.

• Like 2

Jim (yes, that's me!)

I had ONE wrong turn (Suphanburi where we went through the town rather than around it) and the other turns, if you remember correctly, were initiated by Herr ll2. Don't worry, I was <self deleted> blood for a week because she thought we were going too quickly and was going away on my kidneys like Rocky on the beef carcass.

What was funny was when we were at the rain shelter and no one could figure which direction was East as it was pissing down with rain and the sun was nowhere in sight, lol

Jim (yes, that's me!)

What was funny was when we were at the rain shelter and no one could figure which direction was East as it was pissing down with rain and the sun was nowhere in sight, lol

What got me was everyone hitting each other up for a smoke as the cigarettes were all wet. I think I had the only dry pack and there weren't enough to go around so ll2 and I doubled down on one.

Topic Closed

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

My patience, while vast, is not inexhaustible.