Farang praised by Facebook users for community services in Udon

Thaivisa News

He has definitely taken work from probably 10 Thai people and may well be punished by the immigration department !

An old Thai told me once, the work 100 Thais do, could be done by 10 Chinese or 1 Vietnamese.

A fit, experienced professional German cleaner can easily outdo the work of 1000 Thai cleaners, this guy is in serious trouble...

I wish more foreigners here could follow his example.

I have started picking up trash from the jomtien beaches and around the area where I live. It's good exercise and I try to "work" for a few hours a week . Many Thais just point at me and laugh but I don't care. Nobody cares here about the beaches , if a few of us could show up and pick up garbage maybe something could happen , in Europe we try to think "green".

I think some Thais do care about the environment we live in even if it doesn't look like it. Maybe we could inspire them , anyway I will continue to pick up trash.

And don't believe stories you will get deported or stuff like that for picking up trash. That would make some nice headlines.

Edited by balo

Oh my god. .... It's so poor to see the negative comments here. He spends his free time and money to clean the city while others spend their money in bars to screw the bitches. And of course he DOESN'T need a work permit, because no one hired or paid him for that job and the places where he works are public places, not a private property!

Oh my god. .... It's so poor to see the negative comments here. He spends his free time and money to clean the city while others spend their money in bars to screw the bitches. And of course he DOESN'T need a work permit, because no one hired or paid him for that job and the places where he works are public places, not a private property!

"To clean the city"

Slight exaggeration there me thinks.

Feel free to help him if you want.

I seem to remember a German cleaning the toilets in Phuket at a beach and after it coming to light he was told to stop with the locals going and 'alerting the authorities' or something..

Probably went to alert Mr. Happy Toilet.

post-162723-0-11090900-1425010786_thumb.

Do these phone booths still working? I noticed this stone-age things everywhere around the country but I don't remember to ever see someone inside using one.

They are still used to call the mia noi/ gig/ contract killer/ dealer/ threatening phone calls/ police, to grass on someone anonymous and other calls, were it wouldn't be that smart to use your smart phone.

prediction: gets picked up by immigration after someone (high up) decides he makes thai people look bad, charged with "working" without a work permit, fined, deported whistling.gif

AND; Not spending enough money.

Now, if he employees a Thai national guide to sit in the pickup and watch him clean,, maybe he will be ok.

Perhaps he is a convicted criminal from a 'soft' German prison.

He was ordered to do community service, but the German authorities decided it would be too cold for him to work outside in Germany, and instead sent him (all-expenses-paid), to sunny Thailand to complete his sentence whistling.gif

I agree to a point and we can applaud the man for his actions but even unpaid work in Thailand without a work permit is an offence unfortunatley.

I agree to a point and we can applaud the man for his actions but even unpaid work in Thailand without a work permit is an offence unfortunatley.

He is not working , even a Thai official can see that . There is no money involved ,

I pick up trash during my sparetime too along the beaches near the area I live in Jomtien ,

I bring a bag and pick up the trash , if you call that work then come and arrest me. I call it good exercise.

• Like 1

He is not working , even a Thai official can see that . There is no money involved ,

I pick up trash during my sparetime too along the beaches near the area I live in Jomtien ,

I bring a bag and pick up the trash , if you call that work then come and arrest me. I call it good exercise.

I agree with you the law is an ass but even unpaid work is considered taking away jobs from Thais. We donated money to a local school for food. I couldnt go and give the food out to the kids only my wife as it could be construde as work. Its a real shame because I would love to get involved with the local communtity more than I do but I cant. Giving money is fine but any work whether paid or not is against the law. Now you may get away with it but it only takes one pissed off person to report you and its not worth the chance.