True SMART 4G 5.5 for just 8'990 Baht

Dario

I am looking for a smart phone for my wife.

She is not a mobile phone afficionado, playing all day long on facebook or games, etc. Nevertheless, I wanty to buy her a decent phone which doesn't set me back 15-30'000 Baht just because it's a big name like Apple, Samsung, etc. When I bought my iPhone 4S in December 2011 it cost me 23'000 Baht, not worth the price.

Looking on the TRUE website, I saw a new phone called the True SMART 4G 5.5 Enterprise. I really like the specs with a price tag of just 8'990 Baht. I think a phone which can access even 4G will not be outdated in 2 or 3 years from now. The website says "Coming soon" so I called True customer service. The girl on the phone said her computer says it's available since February 12, it surely is available in Bangkok. It says free delivery and can ortder online, but the girl on the phone wasn't able to elaborate.

Has anyone seen this phone or knows more about it?

post-5472-0-91968200-1424828851_thumb.jp

Don't you just love it when True's 'ENGLISH' page comes up 98% Thai.

As for that phone, I think the specs are 'ok', but not really that good. Personally, I wouldn't pay more than 5000, or at most 6000, baht for those specs. Plus it probably comes with a True SIM/Account.

I had True for a while as my mobile carrier but dumped them for AIS due to absolutely hopeless connectivity, and that was in Bangkok. Plus Tue is completely useless outside Thailand.

Look at Samsung Duo. Good useable spec for about ฿5000 and can use any companies sim. True service is not up to scratch and for me it's a no no. Take a look at Lazada site for good deals and cod payments.

The iPhone range has changed a lot since you purchased your phone. Don't base the newer products on an older design. The only problem with the iPhone is the high iPrice !

You can spend less than B6000 and get a very good phone, such as the ASUS Zenphone-5 which I have and which has great specs. There is a LTE 4G version for B1500 more but I would ask what she even needs 4G for with her light usage,,,3 G is quite fast as it is. Unless she is going to be watching streamed movies on the phone, there is really no need.

You should take her to a phone shop where she can actually handle different size phones. My GF had a 3 1/2 inch phone and when replacement time came, she really did not like the large 5" phones...too big. Even the 4 1/2 phones seemed too large for her but the selection of 4" phones has gotten limited so she settled on a MotoG with a 4 1/2" screen. 5.5" phones are really quite large.

Edited by dddave

Well, I learned something, should have first consulted the TV community. In fact, I bought it over noon today. A bit disappointed about the colors. Yeah, should have bought the 5" for much less. I'm still a "pigeon" (dove) how the French would call me. Well, I made much more than the cost of this phone today in the Thai stock market, the warrant I was holding shot up more than 32%, so who cares ...

to ToddinChonburi: True claims on their website that its 4G LTE network now covers 80% of Thailand. Where we live upcountry (Surin province) only Surin town is now covered, but the rest will follow soon. Good to know. At least when 4G is here, we'll be in the elevator