Triple X Phantom

thequietman

Hi Guys,

I never checked the dipstick on my Phantom before. Always got oil changed monthly at Honda.

Anyway, engine was a bit clunky so I checked the oil. There are 3 X's at the base of the dipstick. Are these my guides or should there be oil further up the stick?

When its o the stand it is dry. Stand it up and it is on the top of 3rd X although quite thin on it.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance. wai.gif

I have had my Phantom nearly 6 years with 5,xxx km on the clock when I bought it. I now has 48,xxx on it and I get the oil changed every 2,000 km and a service every 4,000 km and it just slogs on and on. It isn't a crotch rocket just a comfortable cruising bike but without the USS starship Enterprise warp factor modification. It starts first time most of the time and when it doesn't a good swearing at it makes it work.

It isn't worth a lot but that is fine by me.

I'm back myself yesterday from a 2 week trip though northern Laos, with 2 up on my 200cc Harley thumbsup.gif

No probs, but they could need a bit improvement on their road infrastructure facepalm.gif

Recovered half a kilo of sand and dust today, and I cleaned only around chain and sprockets whistling.gif

• Like 1

@ OP, Oil is checked in upright position, not on the side stand. The dipstick is not screwed in to measure. Depending how many KM you make between changes, it will use a bit, but not dramatic. I do intervals myself @ 5000KM, and have to refill once or twice a little bit. Using Mobil1 fully synthetic.

Hope it helps.

I'm back myself yesterday from a 2 week trip though northern Laos, with 2 up on my 200cc Harley thumbsup.gif

No probs, but they could need a bit improvement on their road infrastructure facepalm.gif

Recovered half a kilo of sand and dust today, and I cleaned only around chain and sprockets whistling.gif

Trip report with photos please.