tow bar question

davidst01

I am thinking of putting a tow bar on the back of my dmax vcross.

Have you done this before? If so how much.

I might only tow a trailer once or twice a month. When not using it, does the weight of the tow bar mean that my fuel bill will increase significantly or only a minor amount?

​It is easy to make a tow bar you can make it your self if you don't feel comfortable to make it your self

there are some places in Thailand who manufacture them to attach the tow bar you just bolt it on

the outside of the chassis on your pick up spare parts are also available tow ball lights and so on.

One place who used to sell those parts was Function Marine in Bangkok I don't know if they are

still trading and you don't need a special license to tow the trailer but you will need to get a

registration and insurance for it from the local transport department.

Firstly. Do you have a trailer ? To get a legal trailer in Thailand can be expensive, the trailer itself is licences : plate.tax etc. As for towbars there are many manufacturer's and importers. Best thing pop down your local Tesco and check out the magazine section in the book shop. Usually a few 4x4 mags etc all with advertising.

Have fun !

To answer your questions they're aroind 3000 baht for a good quality one. Google "giant 4x4 bangkok" he speaks good English. I tow my trailer all the time with no issues.

Edited by yankee99

I believe you will also need a special licence to tow a trailer, or pay loads of tea money!!!!!!

Completely false statement..

The trailer needs a registration.. Including road tax and insurance. Perhaps thats your confusion.

To answer your questions they're aroind 3000 baht for a good quality one. Google "giant 4x4 bangkok" he speaks good English. I tow my trailer all the time with no issues.

Pity their website has only details for hardware up to 2008 models and was last updated in 2010.

Pity their website has only details for hardware up to 2008 models and was last updated in 2010.

Thai companies don't really do "website's" if it has a telephone number.. Call them!

• Like 1

Thai companies don't really do "website's" if it has a telephone number.. Call them!

Exactly and he even has a texas accent

one word.... lazada

one word.... lazada

Four words..... Bugger all on Lazada!

one word.... lazada

Sorry that went over your head.

one word.... lazada

Ahhh you're suggesting that Lazada is a Thai company. In the real sense It's not!

It's owned by Rocket Internet :

https://www.rocket-internet.com/about

one word.... lazada

Ahhh you're suggesting that Lazada is a Thai company. In the real sense It's not!

Thai companies don't really do "website's"...

I see. So multinationals are the only companies trading in Thailand that have truly embraced the internet.

one word.... lazada

Thai companies don't really do "website's"...

I see. So multinationals are the only companies trading in Thailand that have truly embraced the internet.

No. It means exactly what it says. Most Thai companies don't have websites and when they do they are generally of poor quality. There are obviously exceptions to this rule 7/11 etc but small to mid size companies generally haven't embraced the internet age like similar companies in other countries. But you off course know this, you're just being argumentative. Which is generally unlike you!

No. It means exactly what it says. Most Thai companies don't have websites and when they do they are generally of poor quality. There are obviously exceptions to this rule 7/11 etc but small to mid size companies generally haven't embraced the internet age like similar companies in other countries. But you off course know this, you're just being argumentative. Which is generally unlike you!

OK arguments aside, yankee99 suggested I google them, not phone them. I googled them and found their website which was last updated 5 years ago.

Funnily enough, they have embraced google map which is a bit of a leap of faith when it comes to how the locals usually draw maps (their website has a glowing example of one of those as well). So assuming that the map is current, why not update their website content too?

If I was in Bangkok, I would be tempted to call or even drive out to their location since Thai companies mostly never respond to emails written in English. However, there's enough mis-communication in face-to-face interactions here, I won't take a chance that they have may not have what I am looking for.

OK arguments aside, yankee99 suggested I google them, not phone them. I googled them and found their website which was last updated 5 years ago.

Funnily enough, they have embraced google map which is a bit of a leap of faith when it comes to how the locals usually draw maps (their website has a glowing example of one of those as well). So assuming that the map is current, why not update their website content too?

If I was in Bangkok, I would be tempted to call or even drive out to their location since Thai companies mostly never respond to emails written in English. However, there's enough mis-communication in face-to-face interactions here, I won't take a chance that they have may not have what I am looking for.

The Giant web site is not great but it has been updated as there are pictures of models upto 2014 on the "towing bar" page.

The Copyright is 2010 and the catalogs are old.