Dog Kidnapping

maccraw

A Thai neighbour yesterday lost her dog which was apparently stolen by a car stopping and someone grabbing the dog,here in Jomtien. The dog was small {pedigree but I'm not certain of the breed} and was the most friendly animal. It had been let out whilst the owner was away and had wandered no more than 100 yards from home. The family are very upset as you might imagine.. but whether they have gone to the Police or not I dont know. Someone commented that there is a gang doing this ,selling on valuable dogs .

Dog should not have been on street. Do they leave their motorcycle on the street with the key in the ignition as well for somebody to steal that. No sympathy for the owner, plenty for the dog. Hope the new owner takes better care of it. It was not kidnapped it was rescued assuming it doesn't end up in a wok.

Edited by Keesters
  • Like 2

this happens in the uk too

as the owner of a pedigree black lab i'd say to any dog owner; train your dog and take care of your dog at all times. my dog would never be allowed to wander freely off my property. doing that is asking for trouble; not everyone is comfortable dogs so they should be under your control/supervision at all times, the way people behave on the roads here make them particularly unsafe places for dogs roaming freely, sadly many thais do randomly mistreat dogs and finally dogs can be stolen.

• Like 2

I thought I read somewhere about a new law that said all dogs had to be chipped,vacinated, have a colar with ID tag and only be let out in public with the owner ( or someone responsible ) on the other end of a leash.

I think that was bargirls.

best one today

• Like 1

Please give me the number of the gang if you have it as there is a pathetic yapping thing opposite me that could do with being kidnapped. I would pay good money to have it misplaced.

My neighbor had a poodle that annoyed the life out of me.

If I could have ever got ahold of it, it would have gone the way of the Lindberg baby.

I thought I read somewhere about a new law that said all dogs had to be chipped,vacinated, have a colar with ID tag and only be let out in public with the owner ( or someone responsible ) on the other end of a leash.

That was just another of the 24 hour crackdowns, like motorbikes on Bangkok pavements.

Bangkok only. Pattaya has a different set of rules. Visit the city vet to get informed which you should have already done if you own a dog to register it.

Whoopee, another chance for the dog haters to come out and play.

Quite the opposite.

I hate to see a dog wandering on the road near traffic.

As much as I feel for the dog owner losing the dog, it could quite as easily end up squashed underneath the wheels of a car.

Would you let your child wander 100 metres from your home?

Neither would I...and a dog is just as "road dumb"

Edited by DLock

I think that was bargirls.

best one today

I agree ! Best one for ages ! Keep 'em coming sir !