ThaiExpat TV

Pattaya28

Does anybody in Pattaya subscribe to this service ?

3 options are available.

Positives and negatives please. Thanks.

Dont pay for it as the channel list is poor

https://www.thaiexpat.tv/channels.php

I got much better channels on kodi for free

And try soft i shared u get loads of channels there free like sky sport HD

They dont have that in thaiexpat tv

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I would not watch any sports channels even if you paid me to, but the basic selection of UK channels (BBC, C4 etc)on ThaiExpatTV suits me just fine.

The other big advantage of ThaiExpat is that it works like a PVR and stores all the programmes from all the channels for the last week or more, thus allowing one to see things that one would probably miss on a live service, and also to skip forward through adverts and other boring bits (which are myriad in most TV programmes).

If all you want is to watch UK Tv, then just download the app " Film on Tv '' its free and you get all the UK channels for free. If you prefer a HD option then for a small fee you can upgrade on a monthly basis.

If you want more then KODI is the only way forward, thousands of channels from around the world all free after the initial investment in the box . . . . . This realy has to be experienced to be believed it is awesome http://kodi.tv/

Good luck

IW

If all you want is to watch UK Tv, then just download the app " Film on Tv '' its free and you get all the UK channels for free. If you prefer a HD option then for a small fee you can upgrade on a monthly basis.

If you want more then KODI is the only way forward, thousands of channels from around the world all free after the initial investment in the box . . . . . This realy has to be experienced to be believed it is awesome http://kodi.tv/

There is no PVR function on either service, as far as I know.

I am not interested in watching TV live and never have been since I had my first Tivo.

I would not watch any sports channels even if you paid me to, but the basic selection of UK channels (BBC, C4 etc)on ThaiExpatTV suits me just fine.

The other big advantage of ThaiExpat is that it works like a PVR and stores all the programmes from all the channels for the last week or more, thus allowing one to see things that one would probably miss on a live service, and also to skip forward through adverts and other boring bits (which are myriad in most TV programmes).

Exactly my opinion (although re sports channels, I will admit to watching Match of the Day and the Channel 5 Test Match summaries). I don't know about the software download option, I paid just short of 9000Baht for a set-top box and a year's subscription, I think the renewal should be about 6000Baht. Those figures to me represent a big saving on what I was previously paying Truevision for loads of channels that I never watched.

The only negative I would offer is that the set-top box is a bit temperamental on occasion - you have to get used to its funny little ways.

My TV was already hooked up to my PC via an HDMI lead so I had no need of the separate box.

The software works fairly well with only occasional crashes. Restarting it fixes the problem and as everything is recorded you can just start again from where you left off.

Exactly my opinion (although re sports channels, I will admit to watching Match of the Day and the Channel 5 Test Match summaries). I don't know about the software download option, I paid just short of 9000Baht for a set-top box and a year's subscription, I think the renewal should be about 6000Baht. Those figures to me represent a big saving on what I was previously paying Truevision for loads of channels that I never watched.

The only negative I would offer is that the set-top box is a bit temperamental on occasion - you have to get used to its funny little ways.

I agree with these posts. I find the channels on UKTV fine and with my computer linked to the TV it's just like watching TV in the UK - except of course for the 7 hour difference. That's the beauty of the 7 day 'catch up' mentioned.

I'm no guru with computers but I do not have a 'set top box' for this service. I just download from the website. It's 1900 baht for 3 months - payable at 7-11.

Talking about sport it was brilliant last summer to watch the Open Championship live on BBC2 -no adverts.

My TV was already hooked up to my PC via an HDMI lead so I had no need of the separate box.

The software works fairly well with only occasional crashes. Restarting it fixes the problem and as everything is recorded you can just start again from where you left off.

Disadvantage is you have to have your computer booted up all the time.....................wear and tear if you watch a lot of tv.

Ive got the set top box with expattv and although it has no record facility ive found out the password given works in the computer software for expattv so if push comes to shove i can use the computer if i want to keep something and its not available by any other means...............