11 Thai Airways passengers and crew members injured from air turbulence

webfact

It's no wonder they are losing money considering a flight with 227 people requires 22 Thai crew members. WOW.

Considering Thai wages are pretty low, I am sure, the wages bill on that flight is hardly a concern, as most people on here bitch about the high prices Thai charge. Thai, like Singapore, built it's business on service... that service isn't so great now, but is still miles ahead of other airlines I have used over the years.

You must have shares in Thai or work for them - Both their prices and service stinks ...

The pride of Thailand in a Death spiralclap2.gif

Last time I flew to London on a dirty Thai Airways 747 with the seat dark brown from a coffee stain I asked if I could move but the flight was full and he looked at me as though I was making too much fuss. I would like to see him pay $1500 to sit in a filthy seat for 12 hours. Never flown them since, Singapore Airlines etc a totally different league. More modern planes A380 on the route more helpful staff, Thai having flown them many times the staff are arrogant, unhelpful and rude. I was exactly 5 minutes late at Heathrow and the check in staff were still there they really could not give a flying <deleted> and said they had weighted the plane so I could not get on. As though one man would affect a 747 weight to any extent.Terrible airlines even budget carriers are better like Jetstar to Singapore, modern planes with clean leather seats.

Could agree with you on the coffee stained seat, but its hardly the airlines fault you were late. perhaps next time get there earlier?

If they had computed the weight, that tells me that the check in would have ben closed and aircraft loaded.

Lucky bastards had crews on thier plane. Last time I flew thai they only had one crew on board.

Did the pilot serve refreshments as well as fly and land the plane?

Funny, you should say that.... Years ago, 1989, during the pilot strike... I flew from Cairns to Gove, via Groote Eylandt. For those unaware, that is a flight across the northern part of Queensland, over the gulf and into the Northern Territory... (Australia).. Anyway, the plane was only an 8 or 10 seater, I can't remember exactly, but it had 2 blokes up front, and one of them did indeed, reach into the esky and hand out the refreshments... It was an interesting flight to say the least, the first leg was Brisbane - Cairns, and that was in an RAAF Hercules...

The reason we had those unusual flights, was the govt of the day, was intent on breaking the pilot's union, and was using whatever planes they could get their hands on...

Edited by winnerinsix

Lucky bastards had crews on thier plane. Last time I flew thai they only had one crew on board.

I am sure that you can provide the details of that flight?

Yes, please do. I would love to hear how a plane of this size flies with just one crew member. I find it hard to believe that there was only a pilot, no co-pilot, no stewardesses, etc. Perhaps you only saw one?? coffee1.gif

I am sure that you can provide the details of that flight?

Yes, please do. I would love to hear how a plane of this size flies with just one crew member. I find it hard to believe that there was only a pilot, no co-pilot, no stewardesses, etc. Perhaps you only saw one?? coffee1.gif

Crew member means one person.

Crew equals what ever number of people make up a crew e.g. eleven... no mention by chooka of a crew member, only one crew...