Faster or slower?

oval

If this thread makes it another hour without being closed I'll stop covering my brakes for ever, honest.

Back on track, as per OP:

"Riding slower: More time to break if something pops out, more control over your bike...

Riding faster: Don't have cars coming up behind you as much, can get ahead of the pack onto clear(ish) road"

Guess I'd say ride at a speed you feel is safe for the conditions and your skill level. Since most of us haven't a clue that should be good n sloooowwww.

Carol as you said you have no clue about riding here so better stop talking, things are different here. And you might not able to get that within your next holidays here; maybe better stay in Europe then where everything is so much better organized and more safe.

Thanks for the advise but never been one for being safe me. I have friends in Bangkok, Khao Sok and Koh Samui who are hassling me to return and ride with them soon as we can.

Its a common mistake. People assume I take my work home with me.

I am paid to be an instructor.

I play in my own time.

Please tell me that's not you riding around on Songkran, one handed, on wet roads surrounded by pissed people everywhere you look, spraying them with a water gun ...

Then comes your point about experience. I imagine that I'm more elderly than you and considering that I obtained my first licence when I was 16, I would say that I have as much if not more experience than you.

ahhhhh One momento oh lifetime rider try-hard.you conveniently seem to have forgotten your 30 year hiatus from bikes ? oooooppsrolleyes.gif

So back to basics, your couple of years on road on bikes is all you have.A novice still, by all accounts.

Do you have anything useful to add to the topic? It's already turned to shit thanks to our UK expert.

Just trying to keep things honest

I don't like to see someone post lies to proclaim more experience.

There is enough shit already as you say without lies being added.

Sorry if you don't like to see this.

Do you have anything useful to add to the topic? It's already turned to shit thanks to our UK expert.

So when you run out of capable arguments you start throwing insults.

Well done.

Me and others came up with enough reasonable arguments all of which went through your head without notice. I don't see any reasons bringing anything else into this troll overrun topic.

And where do you see the insult? You call us "Thai riding experts" I called you "UK expert". Fair play.

Xcuse me, gonna get my troll stray to get them off my skin.

Where? I have not seen any reasonable arguments for anything that would make me change anything I have posted here.

I have seen some opinions, but with no evidence to back them up

I have asked reasonable questions about experience and practical tests only to receive childish insults in return.

When the kiddies turn up to a training school and start telling us how to ride we call them experts.

They continue to have to feed us money in order to pass there tests.

Most of them advance on to becoming better riders and passing their tests.

Some of them continue to be experts.

Carol as you said you have no clue about riding here so better stop talking, things are different here. And you might not able to get that within your next holidays here; maybe better stay in Europe then where everything is so much better organized and more safe.

Thanks for the advise but never been one for being safe me. I have friends in Bangkok, Khao Sok and Koh Samui who are hassling me to return and ride with them soon as we can.

I play in my own time.

Please tell me that's not you riding around on Songkran, one handed, on wet roads surrounded by pissed people everywhere you look, spraying them with a water gun ...

Sorry but are you unable to read or something?

I play in my own time.

Sorry but are you unable to read or something?

Clearly that's something else I need to add to my list of inadequacies. Since I can't read please answer my simple question: is that you riding with the water pistol?

• Like 1