NLA chief defends the appointment of family members

Lite Beer

No doubt said with a straight face in the certain knowledge that it will be fully understood, accepted and agreed with, or else !

Let's have an opinion poll to see what the public thinks, aah no need, the result is known already unless the questions are not officially accepted in which case it won't be allowed.

Edited by NongKhaiKid
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

No doubt said with a straight face in the certain knowledge that it will be fully understood, accepted and agreed with, or else !

Let's have an opinion poll to see what the public thinks, aah no need, the result is known already unless the questions are not officially accepted in which case it won't be allowed.

At the beginning they offered so much, in the end offered so little.

• Like 1

Isn't it the same all over the world?

NO.

Maybe this passes for halal in Zimbabwe or Belarus, but in the civilized world, countries such as Denmark, Norway, Japan, Australia, Canada, Austria etc., it would be squashed quickly. Please do not insult the countries that have respect for the electoral process. Every country has its faults and corruption issues, but the well run countries have zero tolerance for this.

• Like 1

Isn't it the same all over the world?

NO.

Maybe this passes for halal in Zimbabwe or Belarus, but in the civilized world, countries such as Denmark, Norway, Japan, Australia, Canada, Austria etc., it would be squashed quickly. Please do not insult the countries that have respect for the electoral process. Every country has its faults and corruption issues, but the well run countries have zero tolerance for this.

You are wrong, again.

It is very common in the UK for wives and other family members to be employed as assistants, secretaries and "researchers" by MPs and MEPs.

Thailand is not alone in this, and if you have been following the UK news you would be aware that the corruption and incompetence in the British parliamentary system is just as bad as In Thailand.

They go through the motion of having a sham election every 5 years so the voters think they have a choice!

In practice, nothing changes except more new taxes.

• Like 2

This is Not corruption. It is having someone that they can trust to work with them.. Wake up....

A lot of people think nepotism is a form of corruption, and they're correct. Wake up...

Except if it's the Shinawatra doing it, then it's Democracy in action. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Is it any different anywhere? A lot of UK politicians employ their relatives as aides and secretaries. Politicians world over are corrupt, dishonest, backstabbing and borderline useless...... amazing at spin and lies though.

• Like 1

This "intelligent" statement will haunt him later. Chief of the NLA, hard to believe, who put him there?

Who put him there ?............................probably his brother !!

As for those who think nepotism is OK................and/or that the politicians need people who they can TRUST ......................they shouldn't need trust, the politicians shouldn't do anything that is beyond reproach. The politicians should have advisers, secretaries etc who have experience and qualifications relative to the portfolio that the politician holds and the job they are employed to do. All appointments should follow an open and clear application/interview/job offer & acceptance process.

The people in these positions should be the invisible morals/ethics adviser for the politician. People who are prepared to tell the politicians when he is doing the wrong thing. A family member is just a "YES MAN".

Just as a side note ...........I have always advocated that in my home country - Australia- that they should INCREASE the politicians salary......................................

and then do away with ALL political allowances, expense accounts, freebies, electoral allowances, postal allowances,etc .

Let them claim all this stuff as tax deductions like the rest of us do.

reminds me of yes minister & yes Prime Minister comedy series.

• Like 1

Oh, I just can't be bothered to comment, it's just wall to wall hypocrisy with this bunch of .................................

That's the best news I have heard for a while, that Fab4 can't be bothered to comment, even though he did comment. clap2.gif

As usual the red camp is attacking the "others" for doing exactly what the Shins have been doing for years. Thaksin setting up little sister as puppet PM is the latest glaring example.

He was spot on with his line............"it's just wall to wall hypocrisy with this bunch of ................................."

• Like 2

If this practice predates the assembly then it is time for change. Having family chosen for these jobs is prejudice and biased and instead of choosing someone educated or trained for this as well as creating a power base with which there are no checks or balances as to what they do while in office. A family member is not going to talk to an oversight committee about your wrongdoings at work. If P is serious about moving the country out of corruption this would be a good place to start. Ban jobs like this from family members.

He's not.

NLA aides and experts earn between Bt15,000 and over Bt20,000 a month.
…..wife works as a personal expert for a monthly salary of Bt24,000.
It is a system question.
Each NLA member receives a fixed and equal budget to the employment of experts?
Then first I wonder why the Salary is different (15.000 – 20.000 – 24.000)?
It must indeed exist an employment contract in any form.
Is the employment contract between the NLA member and the experts directly closed,
or between the state (public office) and the experts?
Hopefully it will not be the case that the state paid without tendering a contract of employment without examining the qualifications.
It is true that many politicians get a so-called compensation expense allowance.
That is a fixed and equal budget for every Parliament Member.
It is intended to fund travel costs, communication costs, office supplies, etc.
The member can decide, for what and how he use this money.
The assistants, experts or aides also have no access to any public office.
This is strictly a private matter between the member and the assistants.
Does anyone know how this is regulated specifically here?
I think everyone is afraid that in the next government again is sitting for example a PM with
his brother-in law as Minister of Finance, with his brother as Minister of Interior,
with his best friend as labor minister and his wife as a family Minister.
  • Like 1

Ah nothing better than to return after a "break" to see the usual suspects down play this !!

I work in an industry full of nepotism, so it's no big deal to me, but this is how Yingluck was removed was it not? By replacing/ sideward moving a person to replace them with family?

And here we have the new bosses, same as the old ones, and the old and bold here just can't see through their hypocrisy!!

The irony is lost on many!!

• Like 2

Rob, it's a very difficult trend to break, how can you ask for transparency when this happens, it doesn't look good no matter what side of the fence you sit mate.

I'm sure there's more deserving and qualified people suited to these roles and who exactly defines their salaries?

It's pretty insensitive of the NLA member to have done this considering it was the exact reason Yingluck was removed from office.

I think Prayuth should step in and clean this up ASAP and prove that his Government are different and better, and remove those from office who employed their kin, as that would go a long way to proving his critics wrong! ?

• Like 2

Rob, it's a very difficult trend to break, how can you ask for transparency when this happens, it doesn't look good no matter what side of the fence you sit mate.

I'm sure there's more deserving and qualified people suited to these roles and who exactly defines their salaries?

It's pretty insensitive of the NLA member to have done this considering it was the exact reason Yingluck was removed from office.

I think Prayuth should step in and clean this up ASAP and prove that his Government are different and better, and remove those from office who employed their kin, as that would go a long way to proving his critics wrong! ?

Agree he should step in.. though the salaries are not that high.. But if it just means that their name is on a list and they don't work at all (suspect that is the case) then its just corruption.

• Like 2

This is Not corruption. It is having someone that they can trust to work with them.. Wake up....

A lot of people think nepotism is a form of corruption, and they're correct. Wake up...

Except if it's the Shinawatra doing it, then it's Democracy in action. rolleyes.gif

No, it was wrong under previous administrations as well. However it is especially wrong and hypocritical when a junta promising reforms commits the same offense.

I see the junta defenders and Prayuth fan club have arrived with the standard "but, but, but....Thaksin!" argument. That's understandable, they have no justification for the junta openly practicing nepotism, so they are trying to change the topic.

• Like 2

I can understand why they would employee a relative as an aide. The position is simply that. Aiding. If I required an aide and was in the position to choose between a civilian or family member I would chose a family member as well. It is only an aide position.

I cannot begin to guess what the position of personal expert means. If it means knowing someone personally then a family member would certainly qualify. If we focus on the expert side of things then it implies having strong qualifications and experience in a specific field. If that was the case and the family member was not an expert in that specific field then by all means it is wrong and shows contempt for the tax payer.

So before people jump all over the Junta one must ask the questions "What qualifications is required for a position as an aide and a personal expert"? and "Do the qualifications and experience of the family member justify employment in these positions"?

thats exactly that what Thaksin did !!

Thai leading people, society DONT WANT ANY OTHER SYSTEM !!

This political power crops in Thailand want always to controll everything by them own, their relatives and friends !!

Corruption, corruption corruption must be preserved in the new Constitution and not and never punishable !!

Otherwise no new Constitution !!

I can understand why they would employee a relative as an aide. The position is simply that. Aiding. If I required an aide and was in the position to choose between a civilian or family member I would chose a family member as well. It is only an aide position.

I cannot begin to guess what the position of personal expert means. If it means knowing someone personally then a family member would certainly qualify. If we focus on the expert side of things then it implies having strong qualifications and experience in a specific field. If that was the case and the family member was not an expert in that specific field then by all means it is wrong and shows contempt for the tax payer.

So before people jump all over the Junta one must ask the questions "What qualifications is required for a position as an aide and a personal expert"? and "Do the qualifications and experience of the family member justify employment in these positions"?

to avoid corruption,

by law : No relatives can be emplayed for such any position which is related to the same area

of which the gvt official, MP or senator is designed !!

The brother of the finance ministor for example will control the finacial welldoing of the financial ministery !! Thailand !! 5555555555555555555555555555555555555555

• Like 1