Prominent Russian opposition figure Boris Nemtsov shot dead

Lite Beer

This killing is reminiscent of Putin taking out politicians, journalists and former KGB investigators that were investigating and connecting Putin to the two apartment bombings that killed over 200 that Putin blamed on Checnya to win support for his war in Checnya when his approval ratings slipped below 50%.

I had wonder if we would start seeing people showing up dead after the leaked document last week detailing Putin's plans to take over Eastern Ukraine rven before Yanukovych fled to Russia.

This may turn out eerily similar to the Kovalev Commission deaths related to investigations of Putin's involvement in the Pechatniki and Kashirskoye apartment bombings to gain support for Purin's war in Checnya.

I wonder if people realise how significant this man's death will be in the coming months.

No matter how much Putin denies he had anything to do with it the world will not believe him.

The thing that scares me is this may well bring us closer to an all out war with Russia.

I can hear the hawks sabres rattling louder every day in the US and Europe.

" this may well bring us closer to an all out war with Russia."

Yeah well just as long as USA factors in that it will also be taking on China at the same time before making any stupid movesrolleyes.gif

China just sided with Russia over the Ukraine conflict

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/27/us-china-ukraine-idUSKBN0LV0H120150227

Chinas statement didn't indicate that it has "sided" with anyone. China wants a quiet world so that it can build itself up. It is putting itself forward as the voice of reason, maturity and pragmatism (as one would expect), quote:

"He (Qu Xin) said the "nature and root cause" of the crisis was the "game" between Russia and Western powers, including the United States and the European Union."

"The West should abandon the zero-sum mentality, and take the real security concerns of Russia into consideration".

"Qu said Washington's involvement in Ukraine could "become a distraction in its foreign policy".

"The United States is unwilling to see its presence in any part of the world being weakened, but the fact is its resources are limited, and it will be to some extent hard work to sustain its influence in external affairs, "

"His comments were an unusually public show of understanding from China for the Russian position. China and Russia see eye-to-eye on many international diplomatic issues but Beijing has generally not been so willing to back Russia over Ukraine.

China has also been cautious not to be drawn into the struggle between Russia and the West over Ukraine's future, not wanting to alienate a key ally".

And let's not forget that the US is Chinas biggest trading partner, 2013: $521 billion, Russia is nowhere near that. Brazil ($90 billion) does more trade with China than Russia

It will be a few years yet before China and the US cross swords and it's not going to be because of a "third party" conflict. It will be over an "asset" that they both want.

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 1

I wonder if people realise how significant this man's death will be in the coming months.

No matter how much Putin denies he had anything to do with it the world will not believe him.

The thing that scares me is this may well bring us closer to an all out war with Russia.

Yeah well just as long as USA factors in that it will also be taking on China at the same time before making any stupid movesrolleyes.gif

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/27/us-china-ukraine-idUSKBN0LV0H120150227

Chinas statement didn't indicate that it has "sided" with anyone. China wants a quiet world so that it can build itself up. It is putting itself forward as the voice of reason, maturity and pragmatism (as one would expect), quote:

"He (Qu Xin) said the "nature and root cause" of the crisis was the "game" between Russia and Western powers, including the United States and the European Union."

"The West should abandon the zero-sum mentality, and take the real security concerns of Russia into consideration".

"Qu said Washington's involvement in Ukraine could "become a distraction in its foreign policy".

"The United States is unwilling to see its presence in any part of the world being weakened, but the fact is its resources are limited, and it will be to some extent hard work to sustain its influence in external affairs, "

"His comments were an unusually public show of understanding from China for the Russian position. China and Russia see eye-to-eye on many international diplomatic issues but Beijing has generally not been so willing to back Russia over Ukraine.

China has also been cautious not to be drawn into the struggle between Russia and the West over Ukraine's future, not wanting to alienate a key ally".

And let's not forget that the US is Chinas biggest trading partner, 2013: $521 billion, Russia is nowhere near that. Brazil ($90 billion) does more trade with China than Russia

It will be a few years yet before China and the US cross swords and it's not going to be because of a "third party" conflict. It will be over an "asset" that they both want.

Lol about Asiantraveler. Some just cannot comprehend the actual meaning of what is being said and cannot see the forest for the trees.

Here are a few of the many forest perspectives:

16.7 % of China's exports go to the US.

15.3 % of China's exports go to the EU.

2.2 % of China's exports go to Russia.

China export dependent because China is far from becoming a consumption economy due to vast income disparity.

China's generally inferior products are only attractive in world markets because China keeps its currency artificially depreciated through purchase of US treasuries.

China's GDP and economy is sunk if: (1) China loses its export revenue from the US; and (2) the Yuan appreciates making Chinese exports no longer an attractive option.

• Like 1

the first evidence who killed Nemtsov

A whole new level of class. Too many good men and women trying to do the right thing and help Russia as a society are imprisoned on trumped up charges or killed. Mockery and defaming their character after they are gunned down in cold blood should give you and others great pride.

• Like 1

A whole new level of class. Too many good men and women trying to do the right thing and help Russia as a society are imprisoned on trumped up charges or killed. Mockery and defaming their character after they are gunned down in cold blood should give you and others great pride.

The duplicity is too funny for words!giggle.gif

Many would argue that Edward Snowden was also trying to do the right thing by exposing the myriad of deceitful practices is going on within government circles in US.

I bet there are many in Washington that would also love to imprison him on trumped up chargesph34r.png

• Like 2

Many would argue that Edward Snowden was also trying to do the right thing by exposing the myriad of deceitful practices is going on within government circles in US.

I bet there are many in Washington that would also love to imprison him on trumped up chargesph34r.png

Snowden crossed the line by delivering what he delivered to China and Russia.

Interesting you cannot see the difference. If Obama had all Republicans and Fox News journalist that opposed him or was threat to him killed or imprisoned, then and only then could you draw a corollary.

Edited by F430murci
  • Like 1

Snowden still alive over there in the Russian Motherland where Putin ffuckks everyone including Her and they love it....can't get enough of it.

Snowden we recall is a man without a country given the US cancelled his passport and Putin gave him a folder with some special traveler's papers.

Putting Snowden in prison in the USA by due process is quite different from shooting him in the back on the street right at the high walls of government.

This thread is a tuff one for Putin's posters to point the finger at the United States...while the US has its faults it is radically different from the Soviet Russia in respect of its dissidents.

This is not a joking matter which is why this old Russian joke makes the serious point.

In a prison, two inmates are comparing notes.
"What did they arrest you for?" asks the first. "Was it a political or common crime?"
"Of course it was political. I'm a plumber. They summoned me to the Kremlin to fix some sewage pipes. I looked and said, 'Hey, the entire system needs to be replaced.' So Putin gave me seven years."
And that was after Putin had sentenced him to death but to show mercy commuted the punishment for seven years bad luck instead. I'd suggest to Snowden that he take mental notes and that he do it constantly. Btw, izzit above zero there yet?
  • Like 1

RIP. He spent american money for young women efficiently. He was like a clown for Putin not enemy

Yes, it's funny how everyone that's against Putin is paid by the West. crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZL4v7J7m By sprouting such nonsense don't you guys see how effin paranoid that makes you??

Edited by MZurf

Hardcore.

----------

Fear Envelops Russia After Killing of Putin Critic

MOSCOW About two weeks before he was shot and killed in the highest-profile political assassination in Russia in a decade, Boris Y. Nemtsov met with an old friend to discuss his latest research into what he said was dissembling and misdeeds in the Kremlin.

He was, as always, pugilistic and excited, saying he wanted to publish the research in a pamphlet to be called Putin and the War, about President Vladimir V. Putin and Russian involvement in the Ukraine conflict, recalled Yevgenia Albats, the editor of the New Times magazine. Both knew the stakes.

Mr. Nemtsov, a former deputy prime minister, knew his work was dangerous but tried to convince her that, as a former high official in the Kremlin, he enjoyed immunity, Ms. Albats said.

He was afraid of being killed, Ms. Albats said. And he was trying to convince himself, and me, they wouldnt touch him because he was a member of the Russian government, a vice premier, and they wouldnt want to create a precedent. Because as he said, one time the power will change hands in Russia again, and those who served Putin wouldnt want to create this precedent.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/03/01/world/europe/russian-authorities-say-fellow-opposition-members-may-have-killed-boris-nemtsov.html?referrer=

• Like 1

RIP. Putin would be behind this just like he was behind the attacks on the Ukraine & the downing of the Malaysian flight.

Putin is a coward and this sort of evill murder is right up his alley. Scumbag.

With all due respect, it could be allies of Putin acting on their own. But basically being "protected" by Putin. Kinda like the shenanigans here the past few years. Depending on your political affiliation, certain things were overlooked. But not necessarily orchestrated by the people in power?????

Possible, but there'd also be a nod and a wink from Putin at some pint. He's a grub & hopefully someone sits him on his backside sooner than later.

A view from Washington:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/a-dark-day-in-russia/2015/02/27/a2258bf2-bece-11e4-8668-4e7ba8439ca6_story.html?hpid=z3

Undaunted by the repression, Mr. Nemtsov kept working to expose the regime’s corruption. Last year he released a report on the Sochi Olympics alleging that up to $30 billion of the $50 billion spent on the Games had been stolen. Most recently he bravely opposed the invasion of Ukraine, correctly predicting in September that Mr. Putin would seek to create a puppet state in the country’s east. “Russia itself is sinking into lies, violence, obscurantism and imperial hysteria,” he wrote in the Kyiv Post. Tragically, these words were confirmed by his murder.

• Like 1

RIP. Putin would be behind this just like he was behind the attacks on the Ukraine & the downing of the Malaysian flight.

With all due respect, it could be allies of Putin acting on their own. But basically being "protected" by Putin. Kinda like the shenanigans here the past few years. Depending on your political affiliation, certain things were overlooked. But not necessarily orchestrated by the people in power?????

Possible, but there'd also be a nod and a wink from Putin at some pint. He's a grub & hopefully someone sits him on his backside sooner than later.

Does Putin drink pints? Wow!

I seriously doubt Putin would fear this guy. If he did fear him, the way he would out him wouldn't be so conspicuous. He would be suicided in a more private manner.

He has such a small share of Russian backers, he is better off to his handlers dead than alive.

Making him a martyr is probably the last thing Putin would want to do.

• Like 1

You're not comparing the same things. Nemtsov was a fine, upstanding member of the government. Just critical of their current actions. Snowden was the same, at one time. But, Nemtsov didn't break any laws, didn't steal any secrets and definitely didn't share what he stole with other nations. Huge difference. Amazing you'd even try to compare the two.

There are lots and lots of groups and individuals critical of the US. They freely express their feelings about this publically. And they don't get killed for doing so. Something that's happening way to often in countries like China and Russia.

Here's a challenge. Go to Red Square and hold up a sign that says 'I hate Putin". Let's see how long you last. Then try a sign that says "I hate Obama" in front of the White House. Hmmm...best do the test in the US first. LOL

Here's images of many signs protesters hold in front of the White House pretty much every day:

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=protesters+in+front+of+white+house+signs&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=950&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=ZFjyVJT7EM78ugTml4C4Dg&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#tbm=isch&q=protesters+in+front+of+white+house+signs+anti+obama

And one that's quite negative of Obama:

http://www.govexec.com/oversight/2014/09/white-house-swears-obamas-immigration-delay-his-last-one/93542/

medium.jpg

Where would you like to live? Freedom of speech is a great right to have.

• Like 1

Does Putin drink pints? Wow!

Some point. Not pint.

My bad. Damn you apple.

My father once said to me. Son, don't trust someone who's eyes are too close together. Just look at putins beady little eyes, eyes NEVER lie wink.png

Edited by Scott
formatting

I seriously doubt Putin would fear this guy. If he did fear him, the way he would out him wouldn't be so conspicuous. He would be suicided in a more private manner.

He has such a small share of Russian backers, he is better off to his handlers dead than alive.

Sending a message and telling people to STF up and no one is safe no matter how high up you once were. Jeez, look what he did to Nalvany, Magintsky and that long list of people I mentioned above. The more bla taint the louder the message.

Sending a message and telling people to STF up and no one is safe no matter how high up you once were. Jeez, look what he did to Nalvany, Magintsky and that long list of people I mentioned above. The more bla taint the louder the message.

Some media sources are reporting this could have been done by some hardliners who are being fired up by the crazy rhetoric Putin is spewing out.

Nemtsov was a prominent outspoken Politician.

His timely death will undermine planned opposition action.

The politically motivated murder is going to benefit the existing ruling mob.

Putin is the figurehead of this existing ruling mob.

There is none and never will be any evidence found about this murder.

Please, do not compare Putin with Stalin, never and under any circumstances.

Stalin was a man of wrong but great ideas. He was a mass murderer but never a thief.

Stalin was controlling his mob of murderers.

Putin is the figurehead and a puppet of his mob of murderers.

As to his "popularity" - give me control of the modern mass media and tomorrow you all will be calling me a Prophet.

Edited by ABCer
  • Like 1

So are those on this forum who obviously don't like Putin also going to say they don't believe Gorbachev either?rolleyes.gif

Mikhail Gorbachev, the last leader of the Soviet Union, said that the killing was likely to ratchet up tensions in Russia, where Putin has ridden a wave of nationalist support following his handling of the Ukraine crisis.

“The murder of Boris Nemtsov is an attempt to complicate the situation, maybe even to destabilize the situation in the country,” Gorbachev said, the Interfax news agency reported.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/11441466/Veteran-Russian-opposition-politician-shot-dead-in-Moscow.html

Gorbachev knows his country best.

Stalin killed many of his colleagues, enemies and competitors.

Every political murder was a start of a campaign designed to clear the way for his plans for the future.

Why presume that this yesterdays murder is different?

Just do not say you "know what Putin wants".

Putin doesn't care. Why should he? What is the West going to do when he blames unknown parties? Go in and do their own investigation?

Every political murder was a start of a campaign designed to clear the way for his plans for the future.

Putin didn't get to where he is and be able to stay there by being stupid and for Putin to have ordered this guy's killing would have been stupid. this will just provide the US with an excuse to do something they were already going to do

"It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.” – Mark Twain

Edited by Asiantravel

Putin didn't get to where he is and be able to stay there by being stupid and for Putin to have ordered this guy's killing would have been stupid. this will just provide the US with an excuse to do something they were already going to do

"It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled. Mark Twain

Not about being stupid or smart and US could give rats a@@ about it.

Putin runs Russia like the mafia and having those killed that are about to expose him or cause problems for him is nothing new. This has been going on since and perhaps well before those involved with the Kovalev Commission and journalist reporting on that investigation all started showing up dead from gun shot wounds. The Kovalev Commission was formed to investigate claims that Putins KGB planted the Pechatniki and Kashirskoye apartment bombs to create support for his war in Chechnya after his aporival rating dipt below 50% due to Chechnya conflict.

The sad reality is nothing will likely change in Russia for a long time and the common Russian is going to suffer. Nalvany and now Nematov dealt with. Khodorkovsky is about the only one left perhaps willing to challenge Putin that would garner any public support. Putin stole Khodorkovsky's billions and threw him in jail for 10 years so perhaps Khodorkovsky will remain committed.

There are and will be lots of stories and spin about Nenstov's death, some of which are/will be very bizarre m. That's just Russia and crazy theories on the front end give investigators something to later disprove so it appears they have done something.

• Like 1

In his last tweet, Mr Nemtsov sent out an appeal for Russia's divided opposition to unite at an anti-war march he was planning for Sunday.

"If you support stopping Russia's war with Ukraine, if you support stopping Putin's aggression, come to the Spring March in Maryino on 1 March," he wrote.

Speaking earlier this month to Russia's Sobesednik news website, he had spoken of his fears for his own life.

"I'm afraid Putin will kill me," he said in the article on 10 February (in Russian).

I believe that he was the one who unleashed the war in the Ukraine," he said. "I couldn't dislike him more."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-31669061

Looks like he followed the CIA script well.

Already in February 2012 (two years ago) Putin was warning Russians about exactly the kind of false flag which we just saw happening with this murder of Nemtsov. See for yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69Qwju5nJ-w

Russia, where there is:

No opposition media left to speak of

No opposition political parties left to speak of

and, now,

No opposition. Period.

Nemtsov was a joke; a relic of the 1990s that nobody wants to go back to.......and because of what Nemtsov embodied, he was somewhat of a political asset for Putin.

Nemtsov's death is counterproductive for Putin because (a) it draws attention to Nemtsov (and his stance on Ukraine) who most Russians would just normally dismiss anyways; and (B) gives anti-Putin politicians more ammunition, especially in the West.

...too obvious....another attempt to discredit or blame Putin....whose popularity is soaring....

That is such a good joke - you are giving us heart attacks here with your irony!

Looking at the serious side, this has all the hallmarks of a professional hit ordered by the Kremlin - other person not touched, car able to drive away with no problem with the police in the middle of a major city. The message is clear - no need of poisoning with radioactive material here - if you follow this man, you can expect the same fate.

The idea that you could discredit Putin is ludicrous. This is a man who invades other sovereign countries, who throws people in prison on trumped up charges and steals their wealth, who sits on top of the most organized corrupt state known to man and who is known to have ordered the killings of those who opposed him. What more could a hit of an opposition politician add to that reputation?

That's just what the false flaggers want you to think.

And the timing is just too perfect with the poisoning case recently reopened. The western axis is trying and evidently succeeding in hardening up Putin. The more they can make him look like Saddam Hussein, the more populist support they will get for sending military equipment and "advisers" to Ukraine.

This killing is reminiscent of Putin taking out politicians, journalists and former KGB investigators that were investigating and connecting Putin to the two apartment bombings that killed over 200 that Putin blamed on Checnya to win support for his war in Checnya when his approval ratings slipped below 50%.

I had wonder if we would start seeing people showing up dead after the leaked document last week detailing Putin's plans to take over Eastern Ukraine rven before Yanukovych fled to Russia.

This may turn out eerily similar to the Kovalev Commission deaths related to investigations of Putin's involvement in the Pechatniki and Kashirskoye apartment bombings to gain support for Purin's war in Checnya.

Funny how you mention Chechnya. When the Chechnya bombings were happening, the US contacted Putin and asked him what was going on. Putin said that the attacks were the result of Islamic terrorism. The US hung up the phone and said "yeah right". Then a week later, 9/11 happened.

The Russians wanted to cooperate with the US against Islamic terrorism after 9/11 and the US shunned them. The Russians even warned the US about the Boston marathon bombers. But the US apparently would rather let the terror attacks happen then take a tip from Russia.

Lol about Asiantraveler. Some just cannot comprehend the actual meaning of what is being said and cannot see the forest for the trees.

Here are a few of the many forest perspectives:

16.7 % of China's exports go to the US.

15.3 % of China's exports go to the EU.

2.2 % of China's exports go to Russia.

China export dependent because China is far from becoming a consumption economy due to vast income disparity.

China's generally inferior products are only attractive in world markets because China keeps its currency artificially depreciated through purchase of US treasuries.

China's GDP and economy is sunk if: (1) China loses its export revenue from the US; and (2) the Yuan appreciates making Chinese exports no longer an attractive option.

The Eurozone is China's biggest trading partner. Not the US. Japan, South Korea and Germany are export economies and not "consumption" economies. Are they poor too ?

The only reason China has "vast income disparity" is because it vendor finances the US by pegging its currency down. As they adjust the peg to value their currency higher, which they have been doing, it makes commodities cheaper on world markets which gives them more discretionary income to consume.

An appreciating Yuan is not going to hurt exports. This is a keynesian fallacy. The Euro went from .85 to 1.50 and German exports shot up. The US was the biggest export economy in the world after WW2 and it also had the highest value currency.