Andaman Visa Run with Multiple Non Imm B

Hello,

Has anybody had a recent experience with Andaman Club visa run holding a Multiple Entry B Visa?

Last report I read was back in October from a memeber who successfully did it with Multiple O. I think it should work for Multiple B as well. Anybody can confirm?

Any help will be very much appreciated. Thank you very much!

I forgot to mention I don't have a WP.

Edited by rogerpilly

There have been reports that things are back to normal there and the will allow entries with a multiple entry non-b visa. But they may ask to see your work permit if you have one. If not you would have to explain what you are doing here.

not sure about the Andaman club run but just last Thursday we did the regular boat over and back with a 1 year non b, Take your wp with you,

Boat across is 400, Burma stamp $10

Andaman trip will cost u over 1,500/person. RIP OFF

If you dont have a WP i am not sure but you can ask at immigration as they will not let you leave if they wont let you back in and will tell you why. Very nice officials

You can always get a visa for Myanmar, spend a few days there (or even just one), come back to Thailand and no one will ask for your work permit anyway.

What happens at the Burmese borders is that the Thai officials assume you are there for a visa run if you don't have a Burmese visa in your passport, because the current Burmese immigration law is such that no visa = you can't travel further than a certain distance inland and have to return the way you came. With visa, you can go anywhere you want (except restricted areas) and leave by another Thai border, by air or for China or India (currently leaving for those countries still requires a permit, even with a visa).

There have been reports that things are back to normal there and the will allow entries with a multiple entry non-b visa. But they may ask to see your work permit if you have one. If not you would have to explain what you are doing here.

That's easy enough, especially if you speak Thai or travel with a Thai speaker. Anyway, I think even at the Ranong crossings, the officers on duty would use their discretion and only even request a work permit if it looks like the holder has been spending a lot of time in Thailand with minimal time outside the country, such as someone coming on day 89 or 90 to do a visa run and then cross back over for an immediate new 90 day stay.

For someone that just wants to see a slice of Myanmar for a day or two and has spent say 10, 20, even 45 days in Thailand but travels a lot anyway and therefore doesn't necessarily spend most of their time in Thailand on a multi non-B it shouldn't be a problem.

However, as you say it's always best if you can explain your situation if asked.