French man killed in drunken motorbike accident in Phuket

webfact

French man killed in drunken motorbike accident in Phuket
Eakkapop Thongtub

1425231445_1.jpg
The French man's motorbike appeared to have crashed into the electric pole.

PHUKET: -- A 35-year-old French man was killed last night (February 28) after he drove his motorbike drunk and crashed into an electric pole.

At 10:25pm, an emergency unit from Kamala Administrative Organisation was called to the scene at the entrance of Ban Kuan in Kamala.

Upon arrival, they found the victim, Mr Maximilien Nahuel Grau, lying there with his head severely bleeding. His smashed up red motorbike appeared to have crashed into the pole.

His body was taken to Patong Hospital.

After questioning a witness, police learned that Mr Grau had come out of a bar and rode his bike at a high speed before crashing into the pole.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/french-man-killed-in-drunken-motorbike-accident-in-phuket-51212.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-03-02

I just noticed the foot.... He is still with the bike... Doesnt look like anyone is rushing to help the dude....

Do you not see the ambulance guy on the left - the one wearing the white gloves?

Do you not see the white sheet covering body?

^^^Seconds after the crash, someone picked up the motorbike, than went to see if they could help him. A few moments later the French man took his last breath, and died in a pool of his own blood.

drunk on a motorcycle with no helmet. i mean, really?!

so it's not just the thais behaving stupidly on the roads here.

Never has been. Seen plenty of stupid/drunk foreigners in traffic, both tourist and expat.

• Like 1

And have personally witnessed a few getting killed.

drunk on a motorcycle with no helmet. i mean, really?!

so it's not just the thais behaving stupidly on the roads here.

Never has been. Seen plenty of stupid/drunk foreigners in traffic, both tourist and expat.

Currently a whole bunch of dummy tourists here riding like boneheads. I think I had the French ATM skimming crew blast by me going downhill into Karon around a bus the other day, with oncoming bus coming up the hill. Felt poorly for the pillion girls about to get demolished.........bad pavement, buses, speed, no helmets.............tick, tock,tick,tock, just a matter of time.