Kellogg's Cornflakes

ignis

Anyone seen Kellogg's Cornflakes ??

My normal breakfast, only the winter months I have Porridge, now back warmer again cannot find Kellogg's Cornflakes, what happened to them ?

November in Makro they did not have any as normally get the 1.7 kg bag on every visit, did not think much about it, but for the past couple of weeks notice they do not have at Big C, Tesco Lotus or Max Value, and again yesterday at Makro.. all have the little kids boxes @ 10 baht. !!

Anyone know if they are returning to the shelves ?

You don't mention where you are trying to find them.

Are you in a remote town. Most Tescos , TOPS, Foodland, have CFs. Try that

If there still about in some places than maybe this area is simply sold out for past few weeks...

Bang Yai, Big C and Big C Extra always used to sell them, Max Value Bang Yai and the new one on a road to Sai Noi, Tesco Lotus at Bang Bua Thong + the one on the main Sai Noi Rd.... All used to sell them, as did the big Makro I use, bit far but easier to get to. about 100 KM round trip on the main road going south, so when I get to the main road near Bang Yai just keep going south.

Tops, no luck there, the 3 different places that used to be around here all closed down..

Anyway Weet-Bix is OK........ [Max Value = 95 baht, even cheaper if using Aeon card on 1st and 15th of each month... same at Big C but is 127 baht !!!]

Villa, Foodland, Foodmart and Freindship all stock, never had a problem getting them

Thanks

got a friend going over to Pattaya towards end of March, if don't find them before will see if they have time to get some from Friendship.

A long time ago all cereals were imported,and expensive, for what they are ,then

a few years ago Kellogs said they were going to manufacture Corn Flakes etc

here ,I was expecting the price to drop a lot, BUT the prices stayed the same,

with what the farmers are getting paid for corn,something like 3 THB a Kg.

another multi national food company rip off/?

regards Worgeordie

I prefer Nestle cornflakes as they don't go soggy so quickly as Kelloggs.

Makro CM superhighway had plenty of both in big bags earlier this week.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

• 2 weeks later...

So there back..........

Only is different packaging and size....

now the big sack is only 1.2 kg [old size 1.7kg]

2 bags inside a bag [say's for freshness] price is cheaper for new smaller sack so appears not a con of same price = less flakes rolleyes.gif

• 1 month later...

If you keep the cornflakes in an airtight container they last for ages. I use Kelloggs and they never go soggy. I get mine from Makro (either Buriram or Korat) Nestles don't ever go soggy....even when you put milk on them!!!!! Like eating balsa wood IMHO

If you keep the cornflakes in an airtight container they last for ages. I use Kelloggs and they never go soggy. I get mine from Makro (either Buriram or Korat) Nestles don't ever go soggy....even when you put milk on them!!!!! Like eating balsa wood IMHO

Airtight and in the fridge is best.

Soggy when you pour the milk on, not soft because they are old and left out for weeks.

"heavy with water or moisture : completely wet and usually soft"

(amazed people don't know the definition of soggy)

Nestle cornflakes 99bht for 500gm in Mackro.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Soggy when you pour the milk on, not soft because they are old and left out for weeks.

"heavy with water or moisture : completely wet and usually soft"

(amazed people don't know the definition of soggy)

Nestle cornflakes 99bht for 500gm in Mackro.

OK misunderstood your first post....my bad

• 3 months later...