How much is a thai style apartment in Bangkok?

tuonsai

You're so wrong it's not even funny. Moto taxis are closeby to most all big apartment blocks. There are also lots of stores and other things off the main roads. Bangkok is not exactly a one destination city. How do you think people who live deep in the soi survive? You really think everyone is spending a huge part of their day walking around?

Okay so you think I'm wrong, but let me ask you, how much do you pay for a moto taxi to take you one kilometer?

Multiply that by let's say 5 times a day on average as I would say I go out 2.5 times on average.

How much would it cost me a month? Because I'm thinking I would be paying about the price of an old motorbike in 2-3 months.

And what if the motortaxi drivers are all busy or not available? This happens quite a bit in Phnom Penh, I'm sure the same is true in BKK.

Add the cost of my time looking for them, or walking when they're not available, plus the hassle of dealing with these guys and

the really unconfortable ride on the back of someone else's motorbike (I'm a big guy) and am I still wrong?

As for amenties in the area, I'm sure some areas are better than others, but I still need to move around the larger city every day.

all the motos in phenom pehn busy??

never came across that problem anywhere in cambodia, esp pp.

ive done the walking thing for years. its just something you get used to.

if your that stretched for time you will be out and about anyhow and you can get whatever it is you need while you are out.

if you at home a lot and just cant face a 10 or 15 minute walk it sounds like your whining. if you have some type of infirmity or old age i apologize.

as for the rain, its warm and you can get an umbrella for 20 baht at the local market where they have cheap food that your going to walk to everyday or starve.

with the concerns you have i would probably not suggest you drive in bkk until you get your bearings here first.

could be a good move. i could not do pp long term after several months. gave up on cambodia.

update? did you make the move?

Edited by fey