PM Prayut rides big bike wearing cap

webfact

I think the Prime Minister is fine! He drove the bike around the "Military Compound" NEVER taking bike on road where laws would have enforceable measures....

People making stupid comments, "When they did not comprehend" what was written!

Read article again...."

In this country thousand of people die because of not wearing helmets. Dont you think a true leader with the best interests of his country in mind would use a photo op to promote helmet usage? Well in Thailand that wouldnt be the case. Its more that letter of the law here....but you wouldnt understand that either.
Wrong, as usual.

You do not know how many people die because of not wearing a helmet

Motorcyclists die mostly because they are hit by another, larger vehicle, or drunkenly ride into a solid object.

In either case there is no certainty that the presence of helmet would have saved their lives when severe injuries to the rest of their torso have happened.

Proper fitting helmets are certainly a good thing to wear, but to blindly assert that a helmet will save your life is not true.

You are just using this topic to criticise Khun Prayut as other like-minded posters have done.

It is common knowledge that helmets save lives and if I have to explain that to you then, you wouldnt understand anyways. How many times have we seen motorbike accidents where there was no helmet worn or the helmet was laying on the side of the road with people's heads open, bleeding everywhere? I've personally observed 2 of them in the past 6 months and can tell you without a doubt helmets would have prevented 2 deaths. And I know there are many more everyday here in Thailand. Leaders inspire, leaders set examples, leaders set and display positive influence. How is he providing any of that and especially in this topic example? Please answer that question.

Your beloved Khun Prayut is without a doubt the most farcical attempt at a leader I have ever seen. Ive never seen such a disrespectful leader of anything. He makes me sick watching how he demeans his people with childlike gestures, rolling of the eyes, and flicking of the hand dismissing things he "doesnt like." I've seen high school student council leaders with more class and respect than this ass-clown.

Edited by 2fishin2
  • Like 1

A big bike? A 250 is hardly a big bike, but this is a pretty good story and I've had a good chuckle at the PMs sudden rashness and spontaneous jolly!! Good for him, apart from the fact he's a criminal as he broke the law for not wearing a helmet isn't that right?

Except that you (and others) have missed the fact that he was not on a public road, so he did not have to wear a helmet.

That is a tractor.

This is a bike

attachicon.gifgoldwing.jpg Honda Goldwing

and this is a trike which at my age I need

attachicon.giftrike.jpg A Goldwing trike

Does it have a grader blade fitting, or is it just for compressing the new road surface?

No but it does have a reverse gear to get you out of parking spots and it is a bit harder to drop or fall off.

This, with 6 times the cubic centimeters, is a bike ...

The PM was riding a trainer.

Yes that is a big bike for old people.

Rice burners have twice the power for half the cubic centimeters. Just like many US things its big makes a lot of sound but does not really preform cheesy.gif

As far as my knowledge stretches, the bike in HeijoshinCools picture IS a Honda AKA rice burner.

Have to admit epic fail for me. I thought it was an Harley.

Must admit I thought it was an 'ARLEY too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A helmet is not required on private property so no laws were broken.

Glad to see him enjoying himself.

Private property ? Gov. House compound is a place where normal traffic rules still apply

Private property ? Gov. House compound is a place where normal traffic rules still apply

Really? I thought that it had gates which can be closed and restricted access:)

This, with 6 times the cubic centimeters, is a bike ...

The PM was riding a trainer.

Yes that is a big bike for old people.

Rice burners have twice the power for half the cubic centimeters. Just like many US things its big makes a lot of sound but does not really preform cheesy.gif

Too true. A guy I know who's building his own big bikes (via some reverse engineering and a 3-D printer) and has a degree in aviation engineering told me if HD made planes they'd be falling out of the sky on a daily basis. Who would pass up a marvel of engineering and design (a BMW) and spend that same amount of money on a Harley? Guys who equally like noise and maintenance, I guess!

• Like 1

I think the Prime Minister is fine! He drove the bike around the "Military Compound"

Dont you think a true leader with the best interests of his country in mind would use a photo op to promote helmet usage?

You are just using this topic to criticise Khun Prayut as other like-minded posters have done.

Your beloved Khun Prayut is without a doubt the most farcical attempt at a leader I have ever seen. Ive never seen such a disrespectful leader of anything. He makes me sick watching how he demeans his people with childlike gestures, rolling of the eyes, and flicking of the hand dismissing things he "doesnt like." I've seen high school student council leaders with more class and respect than this ass-clown.

Conclusion = You have not seen many "leaders" - (of anything),

you get "sick" very easy and

you like to use bad "name calling" (ass-clown)

Your attitude is "questionable". rolleyes.gif

Edited by ALFREDO
  • Like 1

No laws being broken?

So it's all right to just hope on to someones bike standing outside a garage

or 7/11 and go for a spin without asking permission of the owner first?

It'll be easy to bash the man for breaking the law, not wearing a helmet and all forms and manner of dissing but I honestly find this a 'nice-to-have' article. Nice to see the mischievious side of him, The 'human side' if you must.

Plus, if it's inside the Government House compound, then it's considered non-gazetted roads I guess, and which means it is NOT against the law to not wear a helmet, or a seat-belt, while on or in a moving vehicle.

• Like 2