Price levels on laptops Europe vs Thailand.

h90

Usually find the difference in price is the operating system,

Laptops here generally wont come with one, whereas most in Europe will have an OS original licensed version included.

I might or might not claim tax refund in Europe, that might outweight the OS costs.

I'll install Linux anyway.....

• Like 1

Here they sell mainly outdated hardware at outrageous prices. Apart from the OS licence and guarantee, they are in computer terms light years behind latest developments in CPU,GPU and SSD's.

At least 3 years ago I bought in Europe an ASUS laptop with 18 inch screen, Intel i7 CPU,128 GB SSD, nVidea graphics and 1 TB hard disk for approximately a converted Baht 45.000.

Now 3 or 4 years later try to buy this in Thailand even in the well known shops, can't even obtain it with these specs let alone for this price.

For an example, check out this for the HP International warranty >>> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bpr01266

You might face minor glitches IF that model is not available in your present country. e.g. French keyboards may not be available in Asia - they offer a US Keyboard.

Edit

Models are country specific. All models are NOT available in every country (similar to automobiles etc)

Edited by ravip
  • Like 1

Here they sell mainly outdated hardware at outrageous prices. Apart from the OS licence and guarantee, they are in computer terms light years behind latest developments in CPU,GPU and SSD's.

At least 3 years ago I bought in Europe an ASUS laptop with 18 inch screen, Intel i7 CPU,128 GB SSD, nVidea graphics and 1 TB hard disk for approximately a converted Baht 45.000.

Now 3 or 4 years later try to buy this in Thailand even in the well known shops, can't even obtain it with these specs let alone for this price.

http://www.invadeit.co.th/product/notebooks-laptops/asus/rog-g751jt-t7022h-intel-core-i7-4710hq-16gb-ddr3-1tb-256gb-17-3inch-fhd-geforce-gtx970m-bluray-win-8-1-p021862/

• Like 1

http://www.invadeit.co.th/product/notebooks-laptops/asus/rog-g751jt-t7022h-intel-core-i7-4710hq-16gb-ddr3-1tb-256gb-17-3inch-fhd-geforce-gtx970m-bluray-win-8-1-p021862/

Outdated tongue.png

Better this one for 52k:

http://www.invadeit.co.th/product/notebooks-laptops/asus/g750js-t4154h-black-core-i7-4710hq-8gb-ddr3-256gb-ssd-1tb-17-3inch-fhd-geforce-gtx870m-bluray-win-8-p019342/

Babble about non availability of modern HW is utter nonsense or helplessness.

Price sort top down:

http://www.invadeit.co.th/category/notebooks-laptops/sort/price/desc/

See here:

http://www.lazada.co.th/shop-laptops/?sort=pricedesc&dir=desc

And invade is surely not THE only source for hightech HW.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

I bought a cheap HP laptop here, one reason they are cheap is they are shipped with Ubunta (free operating system), which is good, but I needed Windows 8, so loaded a cheap local copy.

The keyboard is an irritation (Thai and English) as to get all the keys to work I had to set laptop to English (USA) not English (British), that upsets my spell checker.

My experience of international warranty, is forget it. The local agents invariably find a reason not to repair your item. I take my main laptop everywhere with me and I recommend you invest in a very well-padded laptop bag. And a small backup drive.

You might want to check out 2 smaller companies I have used in the UK: Ebuyer.com and Novatech. Both ship internationally and you may save some tax.

Hi,

i would buy in Europe if you don't need a thai keyboard and do not have to change thai bath in to euros.

One Euro ca.35-36 Bath , its something to think about.

In germany you get 2 Years Garantie . Plus People know what there talking about over the item you buy.

i fly out in May and buy a Apple TV for 99,- € at the apple store ,here is 1000,- Bath more expensive and only 1 year Garantie.

I bot a i Pad Air here when the Euro was 43 Bath ,

Outdated tongue.png

Better this one for 52k:

http://www.invadeit.co.th/product/notebooks-laptops/asus/g750js-t4154h-black-core-i7-4710hq-8gb-ddr3-256gb-ssd-1tb-17-3inch-fhd-geforce-gtx870m-bluray-win-8-p019342/

Babble about non availability of modern HW is utter nonsense or helplessness.

Price sort top down:

http://www.invadeit.co.th/category/notebooks-laptops/sort/price/desc/

See here:

http://www.lazada.co.th/shop-laptops/?sort=pricedesc&dir=desc

And invade is surely not THE only source for hightech HW.

Thank you for proving my point, a notebook that is advertised on internet(not in regular physical shops and I did say mainly) at least 3 years later still is considerable MORE expensive in Thailand.

And as I said in computer HW terms that are light years.(Moore's Law). Still can have lower prices or better specs in Europe(or both!). And no, I won't Google some links to start an unfruitful discussion on this, call me biased but the tone of your reply does not invite me to do so.

Singapore was good the last time I went there but "international travel warranty" was useless that came with the laptop. I found uk overall best value. I tend to use www.dabs.com as they offer good prices and good service. if you are replacing an old laptop you might consider just changing the hard drive to a solid state drive ssd. Its usually very easy to do on most models and it will tranform your laptop. I have found Thailand to be more expensive for vitually all electronic items or at best the same price as standard uk outlets. Routers, tv's blueray etc all seem to be older models compared to uk in the shops that I have looked in pattaya. Quite disapointing I would have expected much better here in Thailand specially being much closer to China Where most of this stuff originates

I've been looking at the Mac Air. They are certainly more expensive in the UK, though those come with a processor turbo boost, that pretty well doubles the speed. But they are cheaper in Singapore than here, and with the turbo boost included.

don't try to import new machine to the UK

Singapore was good the last time I went there but "international travel warranty" was useless that came with the laptop. I found uk overall best value. I tend to use www.dabs.com as they offer good prices and good service. if you are replacing an old laptop you might consider just changing the hard drive to a solid state drive ssd. Its usually very easy to do on most models and it will tranform your laptop. I have found Thailand to be more expensive for vitually all electronic items or at best the same price as standard uk outlets. Routers, tv's blueray etc all seem to be older models compared to uk in the shops that I have looked in pattaya. Quite disapointing I would have expected much better here in Thailand specially being much closer to China Where most of this stuff originates

thanks for the suggestion, but the laptop is complete rotten down already also the housing is cracked. It is like 3 years over its expiration date and it is more a wonder that it still works.

The link shows item like that as discontinued. Link also shows a high end computer shop selling in Thailand.

I buy everything in Europe, all technical equipments as: cheaper and you have the garantee you wont find here in Thailand...

i think many of the products you buy in Thailand, even produced in Asia, are not the same quality then you get the same thing in Europe as here no proof of safty standards .....or any standads that are proofen in Europe!!!!!!!!!

Now with the exchange rate, if you get your "salary" in Euro, Dollar or english Pound you save a lot!

I've been looking at the Mac Air. They are certainly more expensive in the UK, though those come with a processor turbo boost, that pretty well doubles the speed. But they are cheaper in Singapore than here, and with the turbo boost included.

Macs are the same everywhere. They're designed in California, Made in China, and sold all around the world.

The only difference between different countries is the country-specific keyboard. In Thailand if you order online you get the option to choose an English keyboard (e.g. no Thai letters, US-English spec) or a Thai keyboard, same price. Shipping is free anywhere in Thailand, too. And you get to select options.

Definitely would buy Macs here vs. the UK. Warranty is world-wide too. Also get the 3 year extended warranty. It's expensive but also totally worth it.

I buy everything in Europe, all technical equipments as: cheaper and you have the garantee you wont find here in Thailand...

i think many of the products you buy in Thailand, even produced in Asia, are not the same quality then you get the same thing in Europe as here no proof of safty standards .....or any standads that are proofen in Europe!!!!!!!!!

Now with the exchange rate, if you get your "salary" in Euro, Dollar or english Pound you save a lot!

You people need to wake up to that thing called "globalization". Everything is made in China. There are no different versions for different countries, especially if you buy from the big vendors.

Thai prices are usually pretty competitive but with the recent drop in EUR things might actually be cheaper over there. Easy to compare prices online and make up your mind. Europe has 20% VAT and Thailand has 7% - also if you leave Thailand you might be able to get those 7% back when you go. So Thailand _should_ be cheaper still.

• Like 1