TOT internet problems.

chuppachops

I just called TOT. They said they don't have any connection issue. Asked my router number. Said that I have to turn off / on router sometimes. According to technician I've never turned off my router. Anyway my router automatically reboot 5am every day, I also have done this hundreds of time daytime, also there has been several electrical brakes caused router off/on. It's so hopeless with them. They will send technician visit again. When technician comes and if run OKLA Speed Test again, I will terminate my contract and try TRUE.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this problem affect only Phuket or is it wider phenomena? My connection speed got really slow once again.

@merijn: 120ms roundtrip time to US server sounds a bit too fast. How far away is the server?

I don't check how far the connection is but normally i use the east coast for my test.

120 ms is if i'm lucky otherwise it is a little bit more but not that much.

Up until very recently with TOT, I could download torrents. Now, I have to use a VPN, otherwise, no seeds, no peers...........

That's worrying. I hope whatever they're doing doesn't catch on.

The only problem I have with 3BB is that they throttle me at some times of the day. I don't know if the throttling is time dependent or usage dependent (or both).

What I do know is that bang on midnight, the throttling stops, and my D/L speed goes up:

post-35489-0-55048900-1425802591_thumb.j

3BB was off tonight from 8:15 pm until 9.35-ish in Rawai area.

First time in a long time there's been a problem.

Yes, don't know what happened. My TV via internet did not work, but I could send and receive emails.

TOT sucks balls, that's for sure! Speeds have ground to a halt for the past month. Whenever we call, they send a guy over and he says everything is okay. Yeah, right! Downloading torrents is quite frustrating - I'm getting speed averages of 50-60 kb/s, but often utorrent won't download anything. Takes me about 2-3 days to download a movie, about a day for a tv show. I've been downloading stuff at work where the internet is actually reasonable. We attempted switching to 3BB or TRUE but they both informed us that TOT has a monopoly in our moo baan - no other ISPs allowed. My wife informed me today that we are now able to get a better package next week but I'm not optimistic. These are the slowest speeds I've ever experienced in my life, and that includes the two years I spent in China where they block everything!

Here's the speed test from 10pm tonight:

post-54281-0-31043600-1425831677_thumb.p

Yes, don't know what happened. My TV via internet did not work, but I could send and receive emails.

Strange... Are you sure your emails didn't go some other (non-Internet) route - 3G phone, for example? (Not sure of correct terminology)

Strange... Are you sure your emails didn't go some other (non-Internet) route - 3G phone, for example? (Not sure of correct terminology)

Yes, all on WiFi.

Curious since I've been having issues at home too.

This is from work-: Ag3RCHcT.RZyrSNC.png

I'll post from home to compare later.

Home-: oVJ2FSL3.n702bvg.png

Both those are to Hongkong.

Below is the ookla test, inside Thailand i think.

4202547625.png

Can't complain.

That Ookla test is for Bangkok server. Distance < 50 mi. You can try select different server USA for ex and see very different results.

Theres three tests in my post. The first two are to Hong Kong the last to Bangkok. I understand the limitations of the Ookla tests which is why I did the testmynet tests as well. However the ping time is still decent on the Ookla test since its to Bangkok and I'm testing from Phuket.

Would be good to agree same international server for test. Then we could carry out test to same server and compare results.

we defiantly have a consistent and reproducible problem here. All we need to do it go public with it, go to the top of TOT first, then go to the news. What we need is cold hard indisputable facts. This we can get if we all run the same tests.

I think everyone should run the same tests. http://testmy.net/auto has the automatic test that everyone could run for say 24 hours (every 15 minutes x 50 times) then we could get some real statistics and graphs from testmy.net and go in mass to TOT with the same info. Just make sure you turn on the option to test all servers simultaneously. http://testmy.net/multithread and make an account so you can keep your results.

And couldn't we move this out of Phuket forum since it is an issue affecting nearly everyone everywhere in Thailand as far as I can see.

I will go to the top with this, Im tired of paying more than in EU for internet and getting near modem (old fashioned kind) speeds. It is UNUSABLE evenings and weekends. I subscribe to Netflix, have 3 kids who use constantly, I have problems even using email most of the time. I would defiantly go the SIM card route, but you can not get unlimited data as far as I can see, and even 5-6GB would never cut it here.

No shit I might have a problem.... school is out for most now too.. so now the problem is only going to get worse.

post-165356-0-70723800-1426663881_thumb.

• 4 months later...

I just got Sinet at home. It gives very nice (Speedtest.net) results BUT torrent speed is so bad.

I still have TOT box working as well and its torrent speed is supreme compared to Sinet. I will compare both few months and decide which one to keep.

I'd like to hear Sinet user experineces.