True Internet Modem cant connect to some devices ....

SurinBeach

Hi ALl,

So I have an ASUS DSL-N10 modem from True, it connects to Samsung phonesm Sony laptop, Samsung laptop

BUT NOT to Motorola phones, Chromecast or a Minix Android box....

I'll be contacting True, but I guess it could take a while to fix so thought the ThaiVisa route might be quicker ...

Thoughts pls ?

Cheers

SB

What frequency is setup for wireless transmission, 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz?

Do you have very many wireless networks around?

Try a fixed channel (manual setup).

How is the signal reception? Distance to WiFi router? Walls/concrete in between?

Edited by KhunBENQ

Bizarre, now its only my Minix Android box that doesnt see the Wifi Router !

There's a big difference between "doesn't see" and "won't connect".

Try going through the process KhunBENQ is suggesting.

I would also suggest downloading WiFi Analyzer on one of your android phones to see how well your ASUS WiFi is working and what competing WiFi signals are in your vicinity, and what channels they're operating on.

As there are really only 3 Channels on 2.4GHz without co-channel interference, it's usually a good to idea to see what air competition you have and set your equipment to use a channel that has no/weaker existing signals and few devices requesting access.

Its "doesnt see" hence cant connect !

The router is about 30cms from the Minix box and can see maybe a dozen of my neigbhours Wifi's and even the hotel 50 yards away !

Am about to try your suggestions Gents, thanks, will report back ASAP !

Bizarre, now its only my Minix Android box that doesnt see the Wifi Router !

There's a big difference between "doesn't see" and "won't connect".

Try going through the process KhunBENQ is suggesting.

I would also suggest downloading WiFi Analyzer on one of your android phones to see how well your ASUS WiFi is working and what competing WiFi signals are in your vicinity, and what channels they're operating on.

As there are really only 3 Channels on 2.4GHz without co-channel interference, it's usually a good to idea to see what air competition you have and set your equipment to use a channel that has no/weaker existing signals and few devices requesting access.

2.4GHz WiFi channels 1, 6, 11 and 14 are 'non-overlapping' so if people stick to using just those they cause less interference with each other. (kinda like airline seat)

Channels 12, 13, 14 cannot be used in the US. Unfortunately, most equipment is set to use the US standard. Your Minix may be set to NOT see those channels.

Try setting your router to use channel 1, 6, or 11 and see what happens. (Or, alternatively, configure your Minix so it sees ALL of the WiFi channels.

• Like 1

I have sometimes the same problem, for me the problem is that most devices connecting to one particular Wireless-Router, WIFI-Access point, etc connect at 802.11n or 802.11ac what works 100%, but when a “older” device, which only supports 802.11g, is trying to connect it cannot even see the router...

I have this problem with several routers from several manufacturers. The solution I have found to work is that you first connect the 802.11g device to the wireless and after that you connect the 802.11n and 802.11ac devices.

• Like 1

Thanks once again Gents ....

RichCor, I think our replies "overlapped" .....!

I have sometimes the same problem, for me the problem is that most devices connecting to one particular Wireless-Router, WIFI-Access point, etc connect at 802.11n or 802.11ac what works 100%, but when a “older” device, which only supports 802.11g, is trying to connect it cannot even see the router...

I have this problem with several routers from several manufacturers. The solution I have found to work is that you first connect the 802.11g device to the wireless and after that you connect the 802.11n and 802.11ac devices.