Phuket̕s iconic butterfly garden to close

Lite Beer

Phuket̕s iconic butterfly garden to close

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1425446657_1-org.jpg

Director of Phuket Butterfly Garden Jaipet Hatthakham

Phuket: Jaipet Hatthakham, director of the Phuket Butterfly Garden and Insect World has announced that the Phuket Butterfly Garden is to close it̕s doors at the end of this month.

Since opening its doors more than 20-years ago, the venue has been one of the island̕s most popular attractions and was seen by many as a local land mark.

Mr Jaipet told The Phuket News, “Due to changes in the weather over the past five years it has been hard to find food for the creatures we house here.

“In addition, as the butterfly garden has been open for more than 20 years I think its time for it to close.

“I am currently thinking about what to do with the land here and am considering using it as some kind of sports complex, maybe a fitness centre of or something. But we haven̕t decided yet.”

When asked what he will be doing for the closing, Mr Jaipet said, “I will have closing ceremony, maybe.”

Read the story of the Phuket Butterfly Garden and Insect World here.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket%CC%95s-iconic-butterfly-garden-to-close-51246.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-03-04

as the butterfly garden has been open for more than 20 years I think its time for it to close.

Huh?? If all businesses adopted that policy, then the world would go nowhere. I'll remind Tesco Lotus to check their 'sell-by' date.

Why does the headline rate this park as 'iconic'? Is it on a par with the Eiffel Tower, Leaning Tower of Pisa and such like? Wait, it must be because it is frequented by divas.....

A recommended use of the land is as storage for beach sunbeds and umbrellas

What will happen to the insect residents? Don't tell me, they get the phosphine treatment?

Why does the headline rate this park as 'iconic'? Is it on a par with the Eiffel Tower, Leaning Tower of Pisa and such like? Wait, it must be because it is frequented by divas.....

A recommended use of the land is as storage for beach sunbeds and umbrellas

What will happen to the insect residents? Don't tell me, they get the phosphine treatment?

I think it means iconic relative to Phuket iconicness, like oh you know? um Bangla Rd or Jet Ski's

The insects are being taken up by Patong touts for photos with tourists.

Edited by Oziex1