Two Fake Soldiers Arrested for Selling Bogus Army Ranks

Lite Beer

I don't blame so much the fraudsters as I blame the stupid idiots believing them.

They do deserve to lose the money.

But probably next time they will pay a Million to become generals.........trust them........

Exactly. They should have been suspicious that the cost of becoming an officer was so cheap.

What were these 'officers' going to do if confronted by genuine officers?

due to societal norms and mores those thai's who gave money to the two had no reason to doubt military ranks could not be purchased.

their mistake was purchasing them from the wrong vendor

First, one should be in the military before buying rank. Then one should buy rank from the commander of your brigade of division. Even then it is dicey as one of the charges against former CIB Commissioner Pongpat was selling rank.

When I first read the headline I thought there was no way anyone could be so stupid as to believe they could buy a rank in the army. The I remembered that this is Thailand.whistling.gif

After reading the story I find it even more unbelievable that they fell for it. If only the 2 perps would put their energy into thinking up a genuine business idea they may have done quite well. Maybe too much like hard work for them.

Wonder what the people who bought these ranks thought they were going to do with them, did they think they would be able to walk into an army camp and take over or to be able to lord it over people and bully them and extort money, or was it just something to impress their friends ?

Maybe they can get inactive posts in the army too after 2 months' training. They would seem to be fully trained, so Who would question them?