Thai Shares Stock trading accounts - whats best cheapest simplest acc?

I use www.ktzmico.com online trading account. Am very happy with them, honest and very easy to setup, fast transactions between your bank and theirs

Take a look it's all in English..

Hope i have been of some help

Edited by burgerking

Thai Shares Stock trading accounts - whats best cheapest simplest acc?

Review please from traders.

I want to open acc and play a bit.

Can be in my gf name so opening not a prob.

Thx

Thanks

I saw it before in google

Looks ok

Whats the fees for example.

If u dont mind

I know its on website

But hard to understand a bit

Edited by Hostile

I trade with Maybank-KimEng, the biggest broker in Thailand. Easy to set up. Fees are 0.0015% + 7% VAT with a minimum of 50 Baht per combined tradings per day. Fees are extremely low compared to most other countries, especially the USA. Easy to work with them, good support. Here is their website. If the link doesn't work, just put http://www.maybank-ke.co.th in your browser. The account is free of charge.

Edited by Dario

KimEng is a good broker but not cheaper than trading in America (for me)

I am not sure but Dario your fees seem a lot cheaper than what the stated rates are - perhaps you added a couple of zeros?

Or maybe I am not reading the rates correctly?

Commission Charge

Commission fee of Equity Trade (SET)

Commission fee of Equity Trade (SET) From 1st July 2011 onwards

Retail clients:

Sliding Scale no.

Trading Value (X) per day

(Unit : Baht)

Sales Representative channel

Internet Trading channel

Cash Account

Cash Balance A/C or Credit Balance A/C

X <= 5 Millions Baht

Commission rate

0.250%

0.200%

0.150%

Levy Fee to the SET

0.0050%

0.0050%

0.0050%

Clearing Fee to the TSD

0.0010%

0.0010%

0.0010%

Regulatory Fee

0.0018%

0.0018%

0.0018%

Total charge

0.2578%

0.2078%

0.1578%

5 < Millions Baht <= 10 Millions Baht

Commission rate

0.220%

0.180%

0.130%

Levy Fee to the SET

0.005%

0.005%

0.005%

Clearing Fee to the TSD

0.001%

0.001%

0.001%

Regulatory Fee

0.0018%

0.0018%

0.0018%

Total charge

0.2278%

0.1878%

0.1378%

10 Millions Baht < X <= 20 Millions Baht

Commission rate

0.180%

0.150%

0.110%

Levy Fee to the SET

0.005%

0.005%

0.005%

Clearing Fee to the TSD

0.001%

0.001%

0.001%

Regulatory Fee

0.0018%

0.0018%

0.0018%

Total charge

0.1878%

0.1578%

0.1178%

X > 20 Millions Baht

Commission rate

0.150%

0.120%

0.100%

Levy Fee to the SET

0.005%

0.005%

0.005%

Clearing Fee to the TSD

0.001%

0.001%

0.001%

Regulatory Fee

0.0018%

0.0018%

0.0018%

Total charge

0.1578%

0.1278%

0.1078%

Minimum commission charge / day

I have used Maybank Kim Eng for 20 years in Thailand. For online trading I pay a commission of 0.1578% to 0.1178% + 7% VAT on the commission. They also pay interest on the cash balance in your account at Savings Account Rate.

Maybank Kim Eng also deals in the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and have their main bank in New York. Maybank commissions for NYSE appear to be half of that of the cheapest US brokerage.

Interesting reading, I have an Interactive Brokers account which I use for global trading, but does not do SET, IB also has margin trading with loan costs around 1%

The IB platform is complicated, is there anyone in Issan who uses it who I can discuss with personally

The thailand economy is strong, balance of payments projected to stay possitive over next year, I often invest via NY in THD ishares thailand, the only draw back is the current non elected government, and uncertainity of what will happen at the time the very greatly loved King passes on, however this could provide a buying opportunity

If you have a bank account in Bangkok Bank then register with Bualuang Securities http://www.bualuang.co.th/en/index.php then Log in via http://we06.settrade.com/bls/en/ Play the market via your desktop or the Streaming app on your Ipad or Iphone.

I've been using this for over a year now.

Send me a PM if you need a direct contact for a consultant in Bualuang to assist you to set up the account.

Maybank Kim Eng also deals in the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and have their main bank in New York.

Are you sure about that? They're the wholly-owned investment banking arm of Malaysia's Maybank.

I am not sure but Dario your fees seem a lot cheaper than what the stated rates are - perhaps you added a couple of zeros?

Sorry, yes two zeros too many. Still very low rates.

Much appreciated.

Niob question.

If I buy shares in Maybank

Is there a daily charge? Is it.

No daily charges, no charges whatsoever. With Maybank you'll get 1,9% intrest on your idle money.

I give you a very good advice. Trade dry for about 3-6 months and you still have your money 3-6 months later. You'll be ever grateful to me if you follow this advice. But you'll surely regret if you don't. This is the best advice anyone can give you, unless you have years of experience.

During these months you learn and review all the mistakes you make. Learn, learn, learn. Costs you nothing, but you'll be glad you did.

Edited by Dario

Commission Charge

Retail clients:

Sliding Scale no.

Trading Value (X) per day

(Unit : Baht)

Sales Representative channel

Internet Trading channel

Cash Account

Cash Balance A/C or Credit Balance A/C

X <= 5 Millions Baht

Commission rate

0.250%

0.200%

0.150%

Levy Fee to the SET

0.0050%

0.0050%

0.0050%

Clearing Fee to the TSD

0.0010%

0.0010%

0.0010%

Regulatory Fee

0.0018%

0.0018%

0.0018%

Total charge

0.2578%

0.2078%

0.1578%

5 < Millions Baht <= 10 Millions Baht

Commission rate

0.220%

0.180%

0.130%

Levy Fee to the SET

0.005%

0.005%

0.005%

Clearing Fee to the TSD

0.001%

0.001%

0.001%

Regulatory Fee

0.0018%

0.0018%

0.0018%

Total charge

0.2278%

0.1878%

0.1378%

10 Millions Baht < X <= 20 Millions Baht

Commission rate

0.180%

0.150%

0.110%

Levy Fee to the SET

0.005%

0.005%

0.005%

Clearing Fee to the TSD

0.001%

0.001%

0.001%

Regulatory Fee

0.0018%

0.0018%

0.0018%

Total charge

0.1878%

0.1578%

0.1178%

X > 20 Millions Baht

Commission rate

0.150%

0.120%

0.100%

Levy Fee to the SET

0.005%

0.005%

0.005%

Clearing Fee to the TSD

0.001%

0.001%

0.001%

Regulatory Fee

0.0018%

0.0018%

0.0018%

Total charge

0.1578%

0.1278%

0.1078%

To TEW;

the fees you mention are all via sales rep channel and that's of course more expensive. I understand that sales reps have to be paid. I trade via cash balance channel on my computer, so for < 5 Mio Baht the commission fee is 0.15% ++ = 0.1578%.

Edited by Dario

Commission rates all seem to be similar in Thailand. Although there was legisltaion a few years back allowing fees to vary by broker for Thai trades they're still reasonable homogenous.

I use KGI.

Quite OK. Their English isn't great to set up, or if rarely I have a query. But my Thai's good enough to get thru anyway. Not to mention all the trading is online in English anyway

Occasionally/rarely I get kicked out of the system, but that is partly due to internet connections etc. So have a backup plan even if just your mobile phone.

Reasonable research emails too.

Cheers

Fletch :)

the fees you mention are all via sales rep channel and that's of course more expensive. I understand that sales reps have to be paid. I trade via cash balance channel on my computer, so for < 5 Mio Baht the commission fee is 0.15% ++ = 0.1578%.

In America I pay $8.95 per trade with Schwab (for US trades not sure for set trades) so unless I am missing something trading in America tends to be a lot cheaper especially for large trades.

In America I pay $8.95 per trade with Schwab (for US trades not sure for set trades) so unless I am missing something trading in America tends to be a lot cheaper especially for large trades.

I'm a penny a stock day trader and go in and out of the market several times per day mostly on the same stock, but I have never paid as much as $8.95 on a single trade.

Edited by Dario

I'm a penny a stock day trader and go in and out of the market several times per day mostly on the same stock, but I have never paid as much as $8.95 on a single trade.

sorry, a penny stock day trader.

Much appreciated.

Niob question.

If I buy shares in Maybank

Is there a daily charge? Is it.

No daily charges, no charges whatsoever. With Maybank you'll get 1,9% intrest on your idle money.

I give you a very good advice. Trade dry for about 3-6 months and you still have your money 3-6 months later. You'll be ever grateful to me if you follow this advice. But you'll surely regret if you don't. This is the best advice anyone can give you, unless you have years of experience.

During these months you learn and review all the mistakes you make. Learn, learn, learn. Costs you nothing, but you'll be glad you did.

U mean trade on practice acc.

I do that all the time.

Thx for all info.

Its 10GBP in UK

http://www.iii.co.uk/shares

Edited by Hostile

I trade with Maybank-KimEng, the biggest broker in Thailand. Easy to set up. Fees are 0.0015% + 7% VAT with a minimum of 50 Baht per combined tradings per day. Fees are extremely low compared to most other countries, especially the USA. Easy to work with them, good support. Here is their website. If the link doesn't work, just put http://www.maybank-ke.co.th in your browser. The account is free of charge.

Is that the acc u register for online shares trading?

http://www.maybank-ke.co.th/internet_acc.asp

Edited by Hostile

You probably need to become a client by completing the appropriate paperwork first. Once that's been approved you can register for online access.

You probably need to become a client by completing the appropriate paperwork first. Once that's been approved you can register for online access.

Its all paper work in there

Its all paper work in there

Yes there's a lot of paperwork to get started, we are in Thailand after all :) Once you're set up though, almost everything you need to do can be done online.

BTW Every time I do a trade they send me a daily paper summary of the day's trade, even though I get an electronic pdf copy, and I've said I don't want the paperwork stuff, it just clutters up my mailbox and isn't exactly environmently friendly, plus costs them to post etc etc. Apparently they are obliged by regulations to send the paper copies. Similarly for account set up.

Cheers

Fletch :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi sdlo.

If you have a bank account in Bangkok Bank then register with Bualuang Securities http://www.bualuang.co.th/en/index.php then Log in via http://we06.settrade.com/bls/en/ Play the market via your desktop or the Streaming app on your Ipad or Iphone. I've been using this for over a year now.

I have a friend who uses that too: their site/software using settrade is just a nightmare !

I had to help him many times because this site looks like it is 10 years old and never got any update. It's not working on FireFox and not displaying correctly on recent versions of IE; It requires an obsolete version of Java Runtime (jre-6u21?) that Windows7 warned regularly to use, but any update makes impossible to display the (bad) graphics; etc.

I know that Bualuang now offers an other tool, Aspen, and recently added Streaming and iAlgo.

Which one do you use?

Which one those who trade SET would recommend?

Thanks

Commission Charge

Retail clients:

Total charge

0.1578%

0.1278%

0.1078%

Have looked at KM's website. I would surmise your figures, above, refer only to SET stock purchases(?) KM's charges on foreign purchases seem to be much higher. I read on their Offshore Trading page that most countries' minimum commission charges are Bt2500/Bt3500, viz. USD80/100 or GBP50/70. Maybe I am misreading something.

• 3 weeks later...

I have used Maybank Kim Eng for 20 years in Thailand. For online trading I pay a commission of 0.1578% to 0.1178% + 7% VAT on the commission. They also pay interest on the cash balance in your account at Savings Account Rate.

Maybank Kim Eng also deals in the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and have their main bank in New York. Maybank commissions for NYSE appear to be half of that of the cheapest US brokerage.

Hi Estrada, do you know if this is this open to one staying here on a tourist visa?