Goldman Sachs on the Baht

i believe that the Euro will soon (6-12 months) be as low as an US Dollar and that the Thai baht will remain strong for as long as this government stays in power.

Edited by luckyman

i believe that the Euro will soon (6-12 months) be as low as an US Dollar and that the Thai baht will remain strong for as long as this government stays in power.

I think the Euro has been around 0.85 to the US$ in past times, so maybe a return is in the cards.

PS The US also used fracking to build inventories and lower prices (looks good to garner votes in the future as well) and this will keep OPEC in line for the foreseeable future, plus it creates problems in Venezula which the US has no great love for and also Iran and also other unstable African countries that are large oil producers. This will also save them money as they no longer have to go to war over oil in the near future. Unfortunately for Canada big brother is eyeing our large fresh water resources. With all the droughts in the US (due to poor water management) fresh water will become more precious than oil. As someone said in a past US election "I can already hear that big sucking sound" as they turn their gaze north. I am sure the plans for a huge pipeline is already on the drawing boards as they try and figure some way to rob us of this precious resource (goodbye Great Lakes) Its funny that years ago before the fracking boom how continuous governments in the states almost k****d our arse for access to the oil sands resources. Now that they are self sufficient (for a while anyway as fracking wells deplete fast) in oil they keep turning down our request for the Keystone pipeline so much for trading partners that should work together. The US only works with other countries as long as it benefits them and is in their best interests.

I think the Euro has been around 0.85 to the US$ in past times, so maybe a return is in the cards.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The euro started as 0,90 dollar (when it was created), and went up to 1,30, now down to about 1,12 --- the future?????

Only speculators like currency fluctuations, for most people and businesses it is an annoyance.

Edited by nidieunimaitre

PS The US also used fracking to build inventories and lower prices (looks good to garner votes in the future as well) and this will keep OPEC in line for the foreseeable future, plus it creates problems in Venezula which the US has no great love for and also Iran and also other unstable African countries that are large oil producers. This will also save them money as they no longer have to go to war over oil in the near future. Unfortunately for Canada big brother is eyeing our large fresh water resources. With all the droughts in the US (due to poor water management) fresh water will become more precious than oil. As someone said in a past US election "I can already hear that big sucking sound" as they turn their gaze north. I am sure the plans for a huge pipeline is already on the drawing boards as they try and figure some way to rob us of this precious resource (goodbye Great Lakes) Its funny that years ago before the fracking boom how continuous governments in the states almost k****d our arse for access to the oil sands resources. Now that they are self sufficient (for a while anyway as fracking wells deplete fast) in oil they keep turning down our request for the Keystone pipeline so much for trading partners that should work together. The US only works with other countries as long as it benefits them and is in their best interests.

The majority of Americans and a majority of Congress, including some Democrats, are iin favor of the Keystone Pipeline. It is Obama and his kowtowing to the environmental left wing, that is holding up the Keystone extension. Instead, the administraation is pouring money into "clean" energy projects like Solyndra, that have failed miserably. Claims of potential environmental damage due to the Keystone pale in comparison to the damage done so far in train wrecks carrying crude to refineries, to circumvent the lack of pipeline capacity.

It's just slight-of-hand. Goldman is secretly dumping all fiat currencies and buying gold and property in New Zealand. According to infowars, even Jacob Rotshchild is scared and stockpiling ammo and canned goods.

One can make a reasoned argument that GS is a criminal organization (for those few here who do read books may I suggest Matt Taibbi's Griftopia: Bubble Machines, Vampire Squids, and the Long Con That Is Breaking America). But you will find little reasoned argument nor people who do read books over at Infowars, although on that website the wearing of tinfoil hats is de rigueur.

It's just slight-of-hand. Goldman is secretly dumping all fiat currencies and buying gold and property in New Zealand. According to infowars, even Jacob Rotshchild is scared and stockpiling ammo and canned goods.

One can make a reasoned argument that GS is a criminal organization (for those few here who do read books may I suggest Matt Taibbi's Griftopia: Bubble Machines, Vampire Squids, and the Long Con That Is Breaking America). But you will find little reasoned argument nor people who do read books over at Infowars, although on that website the wearing of tinfoil hats is de rigueur.

Next you'll be claiming that Rush's audience is not intellectual and that MSNBC is a brain trust.

" even Jacob Rotshchild is scared and stockpiling ammo and canned goods."

Lord Rothschild in the 124 page RITCapital Partners Fund - where he is Chairman (written as you would expect in a very conservative style) ominously warns :

“ Equities are not well supported by current valuations, while monetary policy is limited by high debt levels and interest rates that are already close to zero.

"We are also faced with a geopolitical situation as dangerous as any we have faced since World War II."

http://www.scribd.com/doc/257801811/Rothschild

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The euro started as 0,90 dollar (when it was created), and went up to 1,30, now down to about 1,12 --- the future?????

Only speculators like currency fluctuations, for most people and businesses it is an annoyance.

Yes, it didn't. It started at 1.17 as a banking currency, dipped down to 0.83, recovered after Euro notes were introduced, and went up as high as 1.60.

• Like 1

Goldman Sachs are not really trustworthy, many times they advise one thing and trade the other way.

Show me any "professional" who gets it right more than 50% of the time, except those who happen to be so widely followed that whatever they say or do dictates what the market will do.

My observation is that Goldman Sachs gets things right about 15% of the time, wrong the rest. In that sense i find them very useful. That said, the average Goldman Sachs analyst is a genius compared to the illiterate imbeciles that make up most of this forum, whose only contribution is unintentional comic relief, for me. That said for the second time, on this occasion I agree with what Goldman Sachs said about the baht and in fact i made a similar comment several weeks ago.

" illiterate imbeciles that make up most of this forum, whose only contribution is unintentional comic relief"

-Well said. You have that right.

Yes, it didn't. It started at 1.17 as a banking currency, dipped down to 0.83, recovered after Euro notes were introduced, and went up as high as 1.60.

The euro did not start as a banking currency, maybe you confuse Euro and Ecu. Ecu and Euro had different compositions, off hand I remember f ex that the pound was in the Ecu mix.

Goldman Sachs are not really trustworthy, many times they advise one thing and trade the other way.

Show me any "professional" who gets it right more than 50% of the time, except those who happen to be so widely followed that whatever they say or do dictates what the market will do.

My observation is that Goldman Sachs gets things right about 15% of the time, wrong the rest. In that sense i find them very useful. That said, the average Goldman Sachs analyst is a genius compared to the illiterate imbeciles that make up most of this forum, whose only contribution is unintentional comic relief, for me. That said for the second time, on this occasion I agree with what Goldman Sachs said about the baht and in fact i made a similar comment several weeks ago.

" illiterate imbeciles that make up most of this forum, whose only contribution is unintentional comic relief"

-Well said. You have that right.

sarcasm, right?

The euro did not start as a banking currency, maybe you confuse Euro and Ecu. Ecu and Euro had different compositions, off hand I remember f ex that the pound was in the Ecu mix.

ECU; An accounting unit, not a currency. (Included Pound Sterling.)

Euro; An accounting currency that started at the exact value at which ECU was a minute before Euro was introduced.

Your "fact checking" is... Never mind... facepalm.gif

Euro; An accounting currency that started at the exact value at which ECU was a minute before Euro was introduced.

I do not understand your reply, as you seem to confirm my post, but end with criticizing my fact checking?

I do not understand your reply, as you seem to confirm my post, but end with criticizing my fact checking?

"I don't understand" seems to be the theme, but I would not expect anything less from someone with your avatar. For an anarchist, to provoke is the goal, the means thereto and making sense are irrelevant.

Clarification to other readers: the numbers were fact-checked, ECU was not a currency, and is not to be confused with Euro, even though Euro got it's initial valuation from ECU. For more, Google.

Cheers.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So what country doesn't work for it's own benefits and their best interests ? Name one .

Rothschild's hoarding caused caused a dangerous scarcity of canned baked beans laugh.png

Rothschild's hoarding caused caused a dangerous scarcity of canned baked beans laugh.png

There's a shortage of Grey Poupon also.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So what country doesn't work for it's own benefits and their best interests ? Name one .

Exactly. If the US gov wasn't working for the benefit of itself and its people, they would not be doing their job. As for elgordo's contention that "water will become more precious than oil," people have been predicting that for quite some time. But I'm sure that before it becomes a serious global problem, our future generation will have figured out how to turn sea water into drinking water cheaply.

Posts containing aberrant misspelling of politicians names have been removed. A post containing a link to a site that specializes in conspiratorial nonsense has been removed as well.

Well done. While that article properly covered infectious disease, biblical predictions, plague, famine, and infectious disease, it completely omitted to mention meteorites, mega-tsunamis, and nuclear holocaust. And Godzilla. crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZL4v7J7m

Mr Y, read your own post.

In the line just above, you say that the euro started at 1.17 as a banking currency.

I corrected you by stating that the euro was never a banking currency - the ECU was, but the ECU had a different composition than the Euro, so they can not be compared.

So the euro did not start at 1.17.

Clear now?

Mr Y, read your own post.

In the line just above, you say that the euro started at 1.17 as a banking currency.

I corrected you by stating that the euro was never a banking currency - the ECU was, but the ECU had a different composition than the Euro, so they can not be compared.

So the euro did not start at 1.17.

Clear now?

As mud. facepalm.gif

QUOTE from your Wikipedia article:

Physical euro coins and banknotes entered into circulation on 1 January 2002, making it the day-to-day operating currency of its original members

EUR/USD (Euro/United States dollar) year 2002 exchange rate history

http://www.freecurrencyrates.com/exchange-rate-history/EUR-USD/2002

EURO STARTED AT 0,89 DOLLARS

QUOTE from your Wikipedia article:

Physical euro coins and banknotes entered into circulation on 1 January 2002, making it the day-to-day operating currency of its original members

EUR/USD (Euro/United States dollar) year 2002 exchange rate history

http://www.freecurrencyrates.com/exchange-rate-history/EUR-USD/2002

EURO STARTED AT 0,89 DOLLARS

thumbsup.gif

That's what I figured. You'll read it the way you like. "ECU was a currency" (Yes, it wasn't), but Euro wasn't a currency until paper money was introduced (??!). I won $100 on a personal bet back then against a banker on the Euro when it was introduced as an accounting/banking currency, and I won another 100 Euro bet against the dollar from the same guy when cash Euro notes were introduced. I can remember the numbers and the timeline quite well as I lived through that era in a European country. I know when my salary statements appeared in Euro, and I know when I got my hands on the first Euro notes. The Brits sat on the fence for a long time and never followed through, so the sequence of events may not be clear in your mind. I really wish you would have read that wiki. But even if you didn't your bullheaded ignorance gave me a laugh or two. Thread closed on my behalf. clap2.gif

Cheers.