11-year-old girl raped by monk

Thaivisa News

I'm confused. The police defrocked him? Isn't it the police job to arrest and charge this slag and then the Abott does the defrocking part? Either way, I hope he hangs

You may wish to reread the article. He was defrocked prior to arrest. Only his preceptor, the abbot or someone higher in the sangha can defrock a monk.

Where were the parents? Did they not question where she was getting money for a phone and other things?

There is a security guard in my neighborhood grabbing every baby and youngster in the crotch, dragging down the pants touching their butts and kissing them, while the parents and other neighbors are watching. Nobody ever dared to say a word about it! This is going on for years!

Where I grew up parents and neighbors would beat the (deleted) out of him. That’s when I would turn my back to the scene.

where on earth do you live????

Problem; There are many Thais(incl. the Mrs) who know that temples are a last refuge for the male scum and mentally ill of this country(besides the genuine soul seekers of course) and the temples have to let them in. Imagine for a minute if the temple didn't let them in. That means these male predators would be roaming the streets without any supervision at all. At least now most of them are contained by the other monks/abbot. In a society without any government help the poor, desperate, ex-cons and delusional only have one place to turn to, hence the amount of monks that are continuing with their old habits but now inside the walls of the temple.

Solution; A more just and caring society. Parents should never leave their kids unattended. Just too often are kids abducted/raped/murdered because of pure neglect or naivety on the side of the guardians. Tax the rich and build a solid health care system incl. mental health care. In a society where people only take care of their own and the poor and retarded are left to fend for themselves, these problems will continue and even get worse. I've always wondered how religion and capitalism go hand in hand while all religions preach equality and the brotherhood of man. The problem doesn't lie within the temples, most of them are doing a great job, acting as poor houses, mental asylums, places of worship and afterlife care but with the government who continues to favor the rich above the poor.

Poor little girl, scarred for life, because of parents who naively believed that this particular temple/monk was a place of peace, trust and refuge.

Can't really blame them though because they were raised into believing this.

Wage a war on poverty and austerity and most problems will be solved, not just here, but globally

quite reasonable and interesting thoughts.

without education that creates independant-analytical-critical thinking very little can change no matter how many crackdowns and curfews are imposed. not to mention the "mai pen rai" never-mind attitude and covering up or denying problems even exist attitude.

Damn, I for one would put chasety belts on, so there would be no way this event could ever happen again. It might be uncomfortable for a while, but tolerable. After a few years take it off. The monk has be notarized so long he now has forgotten about his special purpose

under lock and key so long.

Where were the parents? Did they not question where she was getting money for a phone and other things?

There is a security guard in my neighborhood grabbing every baby and youngster in the crotch, dragging down the pants touching their butts and kissing them, while the parents and other neighbors are watching. Nobody ever dared to say a word about it! This is going on for years!

Where I grew up parents and neighbors would beat the (deleted) out of him. That’s when I would turn my back to the scene.

Am I reading this right ,you & your neighbours have witnessed child abuse going on for years & done nothing about it?

Am I reading this right ,you & your neighbours have witnessed child abuse going on for years & done nothing about it?

Yes please explain this to all of us. You are watching this and not speaking up?

Yes please explain this to all of us. You are watching this and not speaking up?

That would make you and the parents the most useless parents on earth

May the lord have mercy on you

About 3 weeks ago my Mrs was telling me about a similar story in same area from Thai news, or pantip of how a lady was walking with her kid near the market there and a passing lady split the pair with the kid being ushered off in the opposite direction by someone dressed as a monk. Luckily the mother caught on quick and ran towards the kid yelling her name and kid came back while the guy ran off... hope it's the same guy they caught in this news story.

Here where I live everyone is on constant lookout for "Rot Jup Look" or cars that grab kids. The local 7/11s frequently have "Wanted Posters" showing photos of vehicles or people alleged to be kiddy snatchers. Unfortunately child rape and kidnapping is a real problem here. Even my boys' school has CCTV everywhere.

The former Monk in the OP is in quite a lot of trouble. The OP mentions statutory rape in this case which means even if it was consensual it is legally rape.

Seriously, I'm guessing you live in a nice quiet provincial town not nasty old Bkk, Phuket or Pattaya. As a previous poster mentioned, most of the under-age sex & coerced and child prostitution occurs in the rural or provincial areas. I was stunned when I spent a bit of time in a Provincial city & had a local ex-pat "show me the ropes" (and the whips & chains.) It is a whole new world to us sheltered ex-pats.

The rape suspect said he knew the girl for about five years.
He admitted to recently raping the girl about three times though he said he gave money in exchange for sex.

So in this monk's view, the exchange of money for sex made everything OK with his engaging in sex with this 11-year-old girl (or even younger, apparently)???

What kind of moral compass is that?

And where were the abbot and the rest of the monk in that temple? turning a blind eye

no doubt and maybe wishing they were so lucky too? the problem is that every head shaven

saffron rob wearing person can call themselves a monk, and go about doing dispeakble acts

with impunity and still no one notice....

Yes, I agree with this. There is no way in hell the abbot and other monks couldn't have known what was going on. Basically, there is no private life for a monk at a temple. Everyone knows where you are and pretty much what your doing. For a monk to have a visitor, especially a female visitor, everyone knows. coffee1.gif

• Like 2

So why don't you report it?

"He admitted to recently raping the girl about three times though he said he gave money in exchange for sex"

no thai word for morals or corruption

sickening

Are you trying to be funny ? Of course there are Thai words for morals and corruption.

And where were the abbot and the rest of the monk in that temple? turning a blind eye

no doubt and maybe wishing they were so lucky too? the problem is that every head shaven

saffron rob wearing person can call themselves a monk, and go about doing dispeakble acts

with impunity and still no one notice....

What an excellent and insightful point. I'm from the USA, and the church there, most notably the Catholic church, inflicted incalculable suffering on children. All the while, offenders were sheltered by superiors.

• Like 2

So why don't you report it?

Oh thanks for that one. I talked to the fathers of two kids about it. One farrang one Thai they both shrugged their shoulders the Thai got angry with me and told me to mind my own business and not stir up the peace in the hood. I also talked to a police officer living here in private about it- same outcome. I was told- you are farrang you live here in a Thai neighborhood it’s better if you keep quiet.

That’s as far as I go. Sorry I’m not a martyr waiting to be pushed off the balcony…

Not all r real monks.

The picture shows the monk in her purse,..........not hugging her waist!

Or it is his purse that she is carrying for him - I have seen monks that like Luis Vuitton bags, especially when stuffed full of US$100 notes

I doubt this country would go to hell if the people decide to get rid of the orange mobsters- all of them.

However, if the majority is willing to tolerate all the wrongdoing of freaks hiding behind the status of their robes- I'm not so sure.

Calling them collectively mobsters All of them is outright untruthful, ridiculous, totally against the Thai way of life &

not gonna happen. Holding the perps to a much higher standard of responsibility,

and a much more severe penalty, would be a reasonable & likely alteration of the way of life here.

Many changes are gonna be happening in the coming decade regarding rights & responsibilities.

The changes will be welcomed by the vast majority of Thai people, and many of the expats here.

The usual bunch on winers & complainers who can't vote on anything anyhow will be

Suprise!!!!! wineing and complaining.

Not all r real monks.

Monk in Japan, monks in Japan can have girlfriends.

And wives... blink.png

Maybe that's one of the reasons there is not as much child abuse in Japan as for example here and in the Roman Catholic world where clerics have to vow to a life of celibacy. Human beings are not supposed to be celibate. We are animals with reproducing organs!! And where does it say that monks/clerics can only reach higher spirituality through celibacy? It's a load of c-rap. I only have to look at my native country to see the truth of the whole matter. Priests abusing young boys for centuries already. Maybe David Icke is right and the pedophiles know how to tap into the energy fields of kids when they fill them with fear through raping them. When kids are not safe anymore in this world it's really time to sit down and rethink this whole mess that we call society and hopefully people will wake up and redesign it

• Like 2