Fortuner after market parts

craighj

lostinisaan Who supplied the nudge bar for the Triton?

I'm, sorry, but it's not a Triton. It's a Strata L 200, year 1998, 103 horses ,and a 2,833 cc engine.

The front was a little bit different, as I almost got killed when a speeding <deleted> almost killed y at 6 o'click in the morning on my way to work.

It took two companies, finally Mitsubishi Sisaket to redo the whole car, inclusive welding the frame about one year and three months.

I had a Toyota and a Ford Pick Up during that time,but can't even tell you how happy I am when I'm behind my own wheel.

I do not like Tritons, made several test drives with different models and finally figured out that you can't compare apples with oranges.

lol

For brakes there's only one vendor you need to talk to: BJ Runstop

For suspension, many more choices - but you better be able to explain exactly what your goals are, otherwise you might end up with some super-soft system great for rock climbing, but useless on the highway.

For other bling bling stuff, R-Style Racing is a good place to start.

Runstop is an interesting subject. They sell rear disc conversion kits to replace the drum system

I myself 5 years ago ordered a disc package for my Pajero Sport, everything is included in the kit for the conversion.

After having all the parts fitted at the Mitsu garage we then discover the ABS is not working correctly, the wheels are locking when you hit the brakes hard. It appears they sell conversion kits that may or do not work with the OEM set up. The later PS have discs all round and have changed the bias valves to match the 4 disc package. I was informed drums and discs operate under different pressure, but none of this is mentioned by Runstop when they supply the kit.

For myself on this particular vehicle there is no gain in fitting rear discs as opposed to the standard drums, I like to tinker around with my vehicle but this conversion was 30k Baht down the drain.

I am interested if I am missing something here regarding the kits they supply and if they will work correctly with the OEM system on the vehicle they are being fitted.

Not sure what to say. Everyone I know had the brakes done by Runstop themselves, and I've never heard of such a problem. I have to also say that everyone I know did the full upgrade (front and rear) though.

Yours is the first negative feedback I've ever heard about Runstop. Taken under advisement, thanks smile.png

IMHO Just a little update on Runstop

Today I had the boss at the Mitsu garage in Ubon talk with the mechanic in Bangkok. He told him if only the rear discs is fitted with the double calipers per disc, and the front still has the OEM set up the braking force will be at the rear first, and this will cause the wheels to lock. He then quoted the following options to fix the issue.

1. Remove 1 caliper from each side.

2. Purchase the 330mm front discs with the 4 pot calipers at a cost of 25k Baht, and this will work in conjunction with the 4 caliper rear disc brake conversion.

None of this was mentioned when I purchased the rear kit, so if I want to keep the rear with 4 calipers I need to fork out a further 25k on top of the previous 30k.

I will be in Bangkok in a few weeks so I have been asked to make an appointment and they will show me around the factory.

Any change MUST incorporate the non adjustable factory bias valve or replace it. You put more power on the rear and you WILL crash your ride if bias is not taken care of, be sure about that.

My thought was to decrease rear brake line pressure, since it seems that the rears lock up first.

Not from factory, nooooooooo. The bias valve is carefully engineered so folk don't get wiped out. Non adjustable for that very reason. If rear brakes are unproved and you get lock up, the rear will come round. Problem today is the VSC and traction control may use the brakes, you feeeeeerk with something other than factory you will/may have a big problem, especially in the wet.

Not from factory, nooooooooo. The bias valve is carefully engineered so folk don't get wiped out. Non adjustable for that very reason. If rear brakes are unproved and you get lock up, the rear will come round. Problem today is the VSC and traction control may use the brakes, you feeeeeerk with something other than factory you will/may have a big problem, especially in the wet.

Was not aware it had ABS. Begs the question why the rears are locking up then. Sensor gone ?

Was not aware it had ABS. Begs the question why the rears are locking up then. Sensor gone ?

I have as stated before fitted rear R/Stop discs on my tuner was going to fit front and rear but fitted the rear first to see how they reacted.

Have tested them for almost 1 year in all conditions wet/dry at speed on bends you name it I have done it.

I'm glad to report they seem fine with ABS working as and when needed. 35/40% improvement 'estimated' by me so not that accurate. What ever they are a vast improvement on the standard set up.

I could have been lucky who knows, but will fit R/Stop larger front discs later at present stuck in Blighty so not able to do same.

I have as stated before fitted rear R/Stop discs on my tuner was going to fit front and rear but fitted the rear first to see how they reacted.

Have tested them for almost 1 year in all conditions wet/dry at speed on bends you name it I have done it.

I'm glad to report they seem fine with ABS working as and when needed. 35/40% improvement 'estimated' by me so not that accurate. What ever they are a vast improvement on the standard set up.

I could have been lucky who knows, but will fit R/Stop larger front discs later at present stuck in Blighty so not able to do same.

Fred thanks for giving the input regarding someone who has fitted the Runstop deal rather than speculation. Even with the wheel lock issue the vehicle pulls to a straight stop wet or dry.

I have a lot of up dated information so drop me a PM, I am limited to the size of 330mm front discs with my 17" alloys, but for yourself you can get the larger front discs for your Toyota.

It looks like a was not given the correct info when I first purchased my rear disc package, but after checking today with the mechanic he has provided information not previously provided. TIT