Rejected at Burma / Thai border

I am not 100% sure that Thailand as a nation, especially appreciate to have poor foreigners coming and living here!! I compare the immigration-rules in the EU and in Sweden, and I cant really find that Thailand is any harder on accepting foreigners to stay here. Even in the US I think that your immigration-rules are much harder.

So moving to other countries and not being able to support yourself, and saying that USD 400:- = 12.000 baht is just fine, and you can live on that, makes me think.. really?

If living on 12.000 baht per month,,, I am more than sure that you will be living off other people here in Thailand, and that is exactly what Thailand do not want when accepting foreigners into their country...

It is really hard to find a place in this world where you do not have to work in order to support yourself. And Thailand is getting more and more expensive, and that is rapidly... Why not go back home to USA, Your age is 32.... You have your whole life in front of you, and start to work instead??? You are way too young for that lifestyle you living now..

Glegolo

That's what it's supposed be fore anyways, that's what I use of for , to try to get better , being in Thailand I have less stress I don't feel like killing myself every day like I did when I lived in the United States. Many reasons why I stay in Thailand.

To be clear $900 is a lot to me ,I was homeless for 10 years I could live off 400 in Thailand.

I live in 900 and month not 400

You mentioned USD 400:- and I just replied hypothetically......USD 900:- is about 27.000 baht and having a wife, maybe children (for sure) and a home, you will need much more than 27.000 baht my friend..

Sorry, I really do not want to cast a shadow over your dreams, but I think that maybe you need some kind of contact with mother earth!! Just now you do not have the means to live here!!

Glegolo

I read posts like this and then remember my own past experiences over the years and the consequent requirements, fees, lines, renewals, etc. for my existing situation. So sad the Thai government makes living and spending money in this beautiful land so difficult. Can't even volunteer teach English to poor kids without fear of deportation. Go figure. Yes, I already have one foot in another, friendlier, no visa hassle country as a back up in mind, should I blow my top and pull out - but not yet of course ;)))

• Like 1

SSDI is not easy to get and you have no obligation to explain yourself here. Sorry, probably my fault for asking details. I just was not sure what type of benefits you got. Lots of people who can no longer work move to were life is better. That seems to drive some crazy. Ignore those toxic types.

tstcman

I am now somewhat confused about what, exactly, you are seeking or hoping for.

"VISA" options are very limited in your situation and the choices available to you where fully explained in the early part of this thread.

If I recall correctly you now have about 3 days left before you will need to take positive steps to regularise your situation. This would be best achieved by obtaining a tourist visa in Laos.