Convicted Thai murderer sentenced over bar brawl

webfact

Convicted murderer sentenced over bar brawl
Kesinee Taengkhieo
The Nation

30255419-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Santiparb Pengduang, who is already serving a life sentence for murdering his boss and outspoken businessman Akeyuth Anchanbutr in June, 2013, was yesterday sentenced to an additional 20 days behind bars for his role in the December, 2012, assault of a staff member of a Lat Phrao district karaoke bar and damage to the bar.

Akeyuth's 33-year-old son, Kongkarun Sriprasan, was also facing related charges in this case. Santiparb and Kongkarun were initially given a 30-day jail term and a Bt1,000 fine each. Santiparb's sentence was reduced to 20 days for his useful confession, while Kongkarun was given a two-year suspended jail term and 12 hours of community service on the grounds that he didn't have a prior criminal offence.

Kongkarun told reporters afterwards that he had paid the victims Bt80,000 in medical expenses and to repair the bar. He said he would not appeal the sentence.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Convicted-murderer-sentenced-over-bar-brawl-30255419.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-03-06

What i find interesting is the leniency given to the wealthy son - another one buys his way out!

My guess he just didn't turn over a chair and a table...80k is a lot in medical expenses so this is just not a couple of swings but a severe beating...

The legal system is such a joke...if one digs one will find payouts all over the place...disgraceful!

Why not appeal it?

CB

Remember that "life" terms don't really mean anything here. Remember the Dr. who chopped his wife to pieces and flushed her down the toilet? Sentenced to death, then, life...then blah, blah, blah.......was out after 10 years on good behavior. I mean, can you imagine? Cutting a women to pieces and flushing her down the toilet and all you get is 10 years. This guy might get out as well.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/webmobile/national/Famous-killer-doctor-released-for-good-behaviour-a-30240235.html

Imagine finding out this guy is your neighbor....lol

• Like 1

I wonder what the sentence for the monk caught in the act of raping an 11 year old girl by police will get?

I notice it's not in the Thai news forum, probably because we're all waiting to pounce on it, and tear him to shreds. He said he gave her money for the sex to buy sweets and a mobile phone, as if that justifies anything - monk my arse! sad.png

I bet he doesn't even get a long sentence, compared to this brutal savage who seems to suck on his own ego. bah.gif

Come on TV... put the monk in the spotlight for us will you.

Seriously, if STUPIDITY were an industry, it would be booming!

I don't see the problem. A criminal case was filed over the brawl and the court has found two individuals guilty and sentenced them. The fact that one of them was already in prison for another offence doesn't have any bearing on the case.