What was the deal in Jomtien Immigration today?

giddyup

http://extranet.immigration.go.th/pibics/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

90-day reports online........not the easiest thing, but it saves you a go to immigration or a trip to Cambodia (?)

Can only do it if you use Internet Explorer, not Chrome or Mozilla. TIT !

That should not be a problem, do all computers not have internet Explorer?

Immigration offices all over Thailand busy with the completely unnecessary 90 day report. I would think it's just a scam but they don't even charge for it.blink.png

Why not just report a CHANGE of address?

The immigration office where I file now has a stack of over 40 identical 90 day reports.

Stupid.

On top of all those 90 day reports, they have 10 more retirement VISA extensions on file with the exact same info.

Yep. I have over 50 pieces of paper piled up there with identical info.

you dont have 1 day on day time in 3 months for your visa ??

how many bar girls are in your bedroom ??

or you run illegal a business and dont have time ??

I was there yesterday at 08:20 chocker block with people, i thought i was going to be there all morning.My number was 315.You have to listen to the tannoy above all the noise so you do not miss your turn. Well i got out at 08:50 so 30 minute wait was not too painful. At one time the woman on the left side of the table got up walked around the room,moved a chair and then returned back to her seat and proceeded with the next customer.!!! What's all that about...

would you seat in the chair in front there for 4 hrs and not stand up for a short walk around or a toilett visit ??

I have been in CW only 2 times,

and I watched all this after so much claims here by some croks,

I feel the people - officers there really working hard !!

For Thai - REALLY hard !!!

go in a mall and compare with sales people there !

half of working time on the mobile,

the other time with the soup bowl in the hand !!

I was there yesterday at 08:20 chocker block with people, i thought i was going to be there all morning.My number was 315.You have to listen to the tannoy above all the noise so you do not miss your turn. Well i got out at 08:50 so 30 minute wait was not too painful. At one time the woman on the left side of the table got up walked around the room,moved a chair and then returned back to her seat and proceeded with the next customer.!!! What's all that about...

would you seat in the chair in front there for 4 hrs and not stand up for a short walk around or a toilett visit ??

I have been in CW only 2 times,

and I watched all this after so much claims here by some croks,

I feel the people - officers there really working hard !!

For Thai - REALLY hard !!!

go in a mall and compare with sales people there !

half of working time on the mobile,

the other time with the soup bowl in the hand !!

You're forgetting something. The people in immigration are very well paid and they have a secure job for life, you can't compare them to a mall worker or someone who works in a 7/11. None of them looked worked off their feet to me, I see quite a few there who appear to be doing nothing. Sure it's a boring repetitive job, so what, so was my job for 20 years. Boo, ' hoo.

Edited by giddyup

I have been to Jomtien yesterday to extend my visa. In and out in just under two hours. The place was packed... some Kazak woman next to me had to wait 4 hours for her 7 days 'extension'.

There was a public holiday on Wednesday so we can assume there was 50% more people than usual on Thursday and on Friday. Why? Because the people who would have gone on Wednesday had to come in on Thursday. And the increased number of people on Friday might have been due to the guys (including me) who didn't come in on Thursday cause they thought it would be packed with all the Wednesday people.

Anyway, I can see that they changed the layout so now it seems there is a lot more seats. I hope they get the PA system working again.

I have been to Jomtien yesterday to extend my visa. In and out in just under two hours. The place was packed... some Kazak woman next to me had to wait 4 hours for her 7 days 'extension'.

There was a public holiday on Wednesday so we can assume there was 50% more people than usual on Thursday and on Friday. Why? Because the people who would have gone on Wednesday had to come in on Thursday. And the increased number of people on Friday might have been due to the guys (including me) who didn't come in on Thursday cause they thought it would be packed with all the Wednesday people.

Anyway, I can see that they changed the layout so now it seems there is a lot more seats. I hope they get the PA system working again.

What was wrong with your number flashing up on a LCD screen?

The numbers were only flashing up for one counter. All the other ones we called by the immigration staff.

That was the 90 day report counter, the only one I'm interested in.

http://extranet.immigration.go.th/pibics/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

90-day reports online........not the easiest thing, but it saves you a go to immigration or a trip to Cambodia (?)

My local immi office told me,you can only do 90 day reports online if you are in Bangkok.That can't be right, can it?

Not unless Bangkok is the only place in Thailand that has computers.

Simply to show she could do it.

My local immi office told me,you can only do 90 day reports online if you are in Bangkok.That can't be right, can it?

As far as I know this online service is under test for Bangkok only. Officially it does not work. Even if you manage to complete the entire procedure and you get some sort of acceptance message the report will not be valid.

As far as I know once it has been made official in Bangkok it will be rolled out to other areas.

I wont lose any sleep over it for the next few months.

The numbers were only flashing up for one counter. All the other ones we called by the immigration staff.

Yes, you are right. We should only talk about the things that only concern yourself.

IMO a selfish guy like you shouldn't be expecting any help in here here where members help each other bah.gif .

Edited by wump

Yes, you are right. We should only talk about the things that only concern yourself.

IMO a selfish guy like you shouldn't be expecting any help in here here where members help each other bah.gif .

Who's asking for help you dummy. I'm merely commenting on what I found at immigration on Friday. It was a rhetorical (look it up) question.

I went there yesterday to do a 90 day report. It took longer than usual as they now seem to be entering everyone who wasn't already on it into their computer system. So I came away after 15 minutes with a bar-coded reporting slip in my passport and she gave me back all the usual documents I had taken with me. Hopefully this means that in future it will be even quicker and simpler with no more photocopies required.

They are still calling numbers out via a quietish PA system near the entrance, so that if there's much noise near you like a baby crying or people yakking into their cell phones then it's difficult to hear. Add to that the fact that a lot of the people doing 90 day reports are quite elderly and their hearing is often well past its best and they really do need to sort out the display boards again.

• Like 1

I went there yesterday to do a 90 day report. It took longer than usual as they now seem to be entering everyone who wasn't already on it into their computer system. So I came away after 15 minutes with a bar-coded reporting slip in my passport and she gave me back all the usual documents I had taken with me. Hopefully this means that in future it will be even quicker and simpler with no more photocopies required.

They are still calling numbers out via a quietish PA system near the entrance, so that if there's much noise near you like a baby crying or people yakking into their cell phones then it's difficult to hear. Add to that the fact that a lot of the people doing 90 day reports are quite elderly and their hearing is often well past its best and they really do need to sort out the display boards again.

I also went yesterday (0820) and it took 55 minutes - just 2 Officers for 90 day service and one gentleman at counter 9 doing absolutely zilch (except choosing lottery tickets and drinking 2 mugs of something) for those 55 minutes.

Last time I was in & out in about 1 minute.

I wont hold my breath in June

This morning they were calling out the numbers from the 90day desk, which is now over on the other side of the room and has become desk number 3. Took me around 15 minutes this morning with ten numbers in front, so not so bad.

This morning they were calling out the numbers from the 90day desk, which is now over on the other side of the room and has become desk number 3. Took me around 15 minutes this morning with ten numbers in front, so not so bad.

............... and who says Pattaya Immigration Officers don't read TV observations !

Go in the afternoon. Amazingly, they get the lead out of their asses around 3:30-4:00 and rush the paperwork thru.

If you go in the morning, you could possibly have to wait thru the lunch hour too.

I took your advice and went at 2.30pm yesterday.

Did my 90 day and a re-entry visa in 30 minutes. My only observations were that I didn't realise the young girl behind the entrance desk checked the re-entry form and took it off you with your passport. That's new and created a slight mis-understanding but no real problem. Certainly better than that sour faced man that used to be there.

Secondly I'm pretty hard at hearing (age). I had to make sure I sat in the front row for the 90 day. The acoustics in that place are not good.

Thanks again

90-day reporting and re-entry permit today.

Reporting: 5th in queue, under 10 minutes wait.

Re-entry: 12th in queue, about 40 minutes wait (including about 10 minutes when half the staff on the re-entry desk just disappeared for no obvious reason).

Annoyingly you can no longer get in the queue for the re-entry permit until you have already done the reporting as they take your passport off you when you join the queue for the re-entry permit. Previously I used to save a lot of time by doing the one whilst waiting my turn for the other.