DETOX Program

I’m looking for a detox/health break for a week or so in a location in or close to Hua Hin

It’s a present from my brother for a special incremental aging event. icon_sad.gif

As a few of you know I did a private one some years ago and it was extremely beneficial.

There are of course, many resorts and hotels that offer the facility but IMO they are shallow, inexperienced and way way overpriced and aimed at visiting tourists with fat wallets

For me the program has to be in a remote location (akin to a monastery) with no communication with the outside world whatsoever. It has to be a mix of meditation, diet, yoga, massage, swimming, steam and sauna and above all else, complete solitude. Painful I know but believe me, highly beneficial

Any sensible feedback will be welcome

Well, to give you an evidence and reality based, scientific answer.....they are all shallow and overpriced because there is no such thing as being able to "detox" the body.

That is what your liver is for and that is exactly what the liver does.

Edited by inbangkok
  • Like 1

Well, to give you an evidence and reality based, scientific answer.....they are all shallow and overpriced because there is no such

thing as being able to "detox" the body.

And if your liver isn't working properly? You are stating an opinion and certainly not a fact. In all likelihood it has been derived from slavish devotion to the pro Big Pharma media.

Numerous people feel better after a detox, at the very worst it will do no harm and at best improve the OPs health.

Well, to give you an evidence and reality based, scientific answer.....they are all shallow and overpriced because there is no such

thing as being able to "detox" the body.

And if your liver isn't working properly? You are stating an opinion and certainly not a fact. In all likelihood it has been derived from slavish devotion to the pro Big Pharma media.

Numerous people feel better after a detox, at the very worst it will do no harm and at best improve the OPs health.

If your liver is not working well, you need a DR. Not a detox program.

I am indeed stating scientific facts, not an opinion. People feel better after detox programs due to the placebo effect, as well as the possibilities that they have actually made both lifestyle and dietary changes. Feeling better will only continue if these changes made are continued. If you continue exercise and eating healthy, obviously one will feel better. This has nothing to do with "detoxing" your liver.

Going to a detox program if your liver is not working correctly (as you mentioned) is indeed dangerous because that person needs medical help. So if can cause harm.

The way you talk is both childish and nonsensical. You are ignorant to science and medicine and you claim my opinion is due to being a slave to the pharmaceutical industry. Grow up and educate yourself my friend. You are obviously the one is is "slavish" and devoted to pseudo science.

I'd suggest being very careful with programs that involve fasting, enemas, etc. I know of someone who had a cardiac event during one of these so-called detox programs. The person had been considered to be in very good shape, but fasting, dehydration and certain types of enemas can set up abnormal cardiac rhythms.

Change your diet, detox yourself, go on a 10 day meditation retreat at Suan Mokh, Surat Thani where they have yoga at 6am and walking meditation all day and natural hot springs at night. This is a silent retreat. When you finish, have a couple of beers and a soapy massage and you'll have saved yourself a fortune.

• Like 2

Change your diet, detox yourself, go on a 10 day meditation retreat at Suan Mokh, Surat Thani where they have yoga at 6am and walking meditation all day and natural hot springs at night. This is a silent retreat. When you finish, have a couple of beers and a soapy massage and you'll have saved yourself a fortune.

biggrin.png That sounds good but the 10 day detox does look to be a little harsh. No problem with most of the program except sitting in the lotus position may be a little too much for my creaking frame

It is not required to sit in lotus position. Any position you find comfortable is OK as long as your feet are not pointed towards the teacher. Many placxes will also arrange chairs for those who are elderly or have medical issues.

Well, how about you handling this in DIY fashion?

1. Choose a 5-star hotel like the SOFITEL.

2. Arrange the shakes (Spirulina, Maca, Kefir, ...) and massages

3. Arrange daily colon irrigation

4. ...

I was given olive oil to drink in huge quantities and am not sure it really >cleansed< my liver sad.png

But you might look into reducing the acidicy in your body? Apple cider vinegar etc.)

Have a great time at half the cost?

Some operators go wild and charge the earth for some standard program and a few shakes etc.