1 year working permission extension question

I entered on a Non-B, January 7 (90 day entry, required departure April 7). My documents are still being prepared by my employer for my 1 year extension. I am going to the US on March 30 until April 27. Obviously I must file for the extension before I leave and I believe, get a re-entry permit upon exit. It is my understanding that upon submission of the extension request I am immediately granted 30 days for Immigration to review my request.

My question(s) is/are:

What would be the dates of the 30 day review period extension? Is that 30 days from date of submission or just tacked onto my 90 day Non B stay?

I don't want that 30 days to end while I am abroad. My additional concern is that I will return after 30 days abroad (on April 27 with an approval to stay until May 7 only), go to Immigration to check the status of my extension request to find there was some issue or a denial and then only have until May 7 resolve the issue before having to leave the country again and scramble for a new Non B.

I hope this makes sense...

Edited by ThaiWai

Whether the 30 day report back date on the under consideration stamp starts on the date you apply or at the end of your current permit to stay depends upon the office you go to.

You would have to apply for a re-entry permit for the 30 days if you wanted to leave to during it.

seems you entered on a single entry B visa ?

My understanding has always been you would need to be in country while the extension application is going on

the 30 days will be as "under consideration" not an extension of the B per se

if you have a single entry B, you will not be getting a re-entry permit, because they will not give you one

seems you entered on a single entry B visa ?

My understanding has always been you would need to be in country while the extension application is going on

the 30 days will be as "under consideration" not an extension of the B per se

if you have a single entry B, you will not be getting a re-entry permit, because they will not give you one

It is possible to get re-entry permit for any permit to stay. It does not matter if it is from a visa or an extension of stay. Same for the the 30 day under consideration period.

Yes it was a single entry Non B as I and apparently my employer were un aware of the multiple entry Non B. Bring up a good point. If I would have aplied for a multi entry Non B would I then not need the one year extension and all the horrible paperwork that goes with it??

If you have your work permit and it is valid for at least 8 months you could still go out for the multiple entry non-b visa in Penang.

You cannot apply for a multiple entry the first time you go for a non-b. You have get a single entry in order to have the work permit issued.

Change your travel plans or get a new non-b visa and apply for the extension later.

I had a feeling you would say that. Here's a curveball. Should I apply for the new Non B in New York since I will be there anyway? In the event of denial (not sure why it would be denied, just like to have a plan B) go for another TV double?

With the proper documents and a work permit to show you should not have a problem getting a single entry non-b at the consulate in NY.

If not a single entry tourist visa would be all that you would need.

So, New York cannot provide a multi entry Non-B?

They might. But many embassies and official consulates will only issue a multiple entry non-b for business purposes. They will not do one for working here.

Could I just hold off on filing the 12 month work extension, file regular 1900 baht extension of stay on the Non B entry which would be valid from the exit date of April 6 until May 7? Then when I return on April 28, go straight to Immigration and file the work extension and get the 30 day consideration period at that time? Is it possible to extend a 90 day Non-B entry. I read somewhere that a 60 could be extended to 90 but a 90 could not be extended to a 120. True or false?

Edited by ThaiWai

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Could I just hold off on filing the 12 month work extension, file regular 1900 baht extension of stay on the Non B entry which would be valid from the exit date of April 6 until May 7? Then when I return on April 28, go straight to Immigration and file the work extension and get the 30 day consideration period at that time? Is it possible to extend a 90 day Non-B entry. I read somewhere that a 60 could be extended to 90 but a 90 could not be extended to a 120. True or false?

I will not attempt to unravel this tangle of misunderstanding ! smile.png

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I will not attempt to unravel this tangle of misunderstanding ! smile.png

What's to misunderstand? Can a 90 day Non B be extended with a 30 day extension and then a 1 year extension afterwards? Pretty easy to understand. smile.png

What's to misunderstand? Can a 90 day Non B be extended with a 30 day extension and then a 1 year extension afterwards? Pretty easy to understand. smile.png

No it can not. If you receive, and is not said that you will, an under consideration period that will be part of the total 1 year extension duration.

No it can not. If you receive, and is not said that you will, an under consideration period that will be part of the total 1 year extension duration.

I was not referring to the 30 day consideration period and i am aware that time period is subtracted from the one year extension. I am asking i f a standard 1900 bahtextension can be requested (exactly the same as a tourist visa extension) then upon completion of that 30 days can the long term extension request be filed?

I was not referring to the 30 day consideration period and i am aware that time period is subtracted from the one year extension. I am asking i f a standard 1900 bahtextension can be requested (exactly the same as a tourist visa extension) then upon completion of that 30 days can the long term extension request be filed?

No, as answered above, there is no "standard 1,900 Bt extension" available for being employed or teaching . Only the 1-year. All extensions cost Bt 1,900.

No, as answered above, there is no "standard 1,900 Bt extension" available for being employed or teaching . Only the 1-year. All extensions cost Bt 1,900.

Best that "ThaiWai" attends the local immigration office and applies for a "standard 1900Bht extension" !

Actually according to Ubon Joe the 7day is also available. If you don't know something with 100% certainty, it's ok not to answer and muddle the thread.

Actually according to Ubon Joe the 7day is also available. If you don't know something with 100% certainty, it's ok not to answer and muddle the thread.

It is available, the issue is that once you obtain that, you will not be able to apply again. Check point 2 below

Please note for a next time, I'm not muddling anything, my answers are 100% correct and in agreement with the ones from ubonjoe.

NewRegulation_en.png

Edited by paz
  • Like 1