Chatuchak market / jalapeno seeds

what wrong with buying the jalapeno and using the seed from there. are they monsanto modified or summit?

why do you need to grow them they are cheap and readily available?

only wussus eat jalapeno real men eat the real deal red chile

Edited by rabid old goat

^^^ Obviously you don't cook yourself.

It's not about heat.

no i leave the cooking to the hired help. which reminds me just about breakfast time.

Tell them to put some Trinidad scorpions in there if you like heat, or are you a wuss?

what wrong with buying the jalapeno and using the seed from there. are they monsanto modified or summit?

Hi, rabid old goat.

If I could find the jalapenos to buy, I would use the seed. But unfortunately, here in Ayutthaya, I can't find any or any packets of seeds. That's why I asked the original question. I already have some "real deal red chillies" growing, so I though I'd try my hand at something else. Then, if successful, try making some salsa. It's just a hobby.

I don't like large crowds, but if someone had seen the seeds or even the plants at Chatuchak, I would make the trip.

Edited by newatthis

Hi, rabid old goat.

If I could find the jalapenos to buy, I would use the seed. But unfortunately, here in Ayutthaya, I can't find any or any packets of seeds. That's why I asked the original question. I already have some "real deal red chillies" growing, so I though I'd try my hand at something else. Then, if successful, try making some salsa. It's just a hobby.

I don't like large crowds, but if someone had seen the seeds or even the plants at Chatuchak, I would make the trip.

I was given Jalapeno and Habanero seeds last year, imported. They didn't thrive, and I have 40 years experience as a profi. The Habanero eventually gave me 6 or so fruits after nine months (Very good they were too), the Jalapenos refused to grow, the Habaneros refused to die. Soil borne pathogens I guess, which Thai chili is immune against and many other varieties such as bell peppers, aren't. But you can try!

Hi, rabid old goat.

A much more polite response than post #2 actually deserved.

Good look with finding the Jalapenos.

You might try some Prik Som (orange pepper)I think they are a type of Habanero and fairly hot even by Thai standards. You should be able to find some in your local market and just use the seeds. If you can't, pm me and I will see if I can find some up here.

• 2 weeks later...

post-234888-0-58611500-1426773653_thumb.

rat kaeng jalapenos

post-234888-0-26225300-1426773688_thumb.

chilli in thewes market. walk up from the riverboat ferry stop past all the shops selling plants determine if the have what you want. not an east task. then at the main road samsen road walk over the bridge over the canal and then left into the market at the first isle about 20 meters in. walk into here http://goo.gl/maps/frAcv

Edited by street walker