Looking at properties in Issan for sale...

krisb

So I was flicking through pics of properties in Issan for sale, and I came across this place, with this odd choice of pic...it's not the only place with poor pics, but I've chosen this place.

If it was your house, would you try to find a better angle?...or is 3 rolls of toilet paper a selling point?? Since they are right in the fore front of the pic and all.

Just seems very odd to me.

post-151649-0-71442800-1425718752_thumb.

• Like 2

I am assuming it is a forced (bank) sale?

Yeah maybe that's it.

Seems to be lots of pics where the shots are not doing the place any favours and foreclosure would explain it.

Loooooooooooads for sale in Ubon.........smile.png

I want a condo next Trans. Won't be for a year or 2 yet.

A nice modern 1 or maybe 2 bedroom place.

I haven't settled on any areas just yet, except it will be in Issan somewhere.

I have a 1 rai for sale in Sakon ready to build on :-)

Thanks for the offer but I was just looking. We have 1 house already being built now, I really don't think I have the patience to build anymore.

Unless you have a condo for sale?

Thanks for the offer but I was just looking. We have 1 house already being built now, I really don't think I have the patience to build anymore.

Unless you have a condo for sale?

No worries.

No condo to sell mate.

where in sakon and how much??

\

Phu Phan. If I remember right, the village is about 40 km's away from the city of Sakon Nakhon itself.

I'll have to ask the boss how much she wants if your still interested???

I often wonder who thinks of the colours you see, especially in the bathrooms.

You mean the blue ones on the floor, and the pink ones on the wall? (or vice-versa).

They are a feature of Thailand!

Aye that's the combo I couldn't think of :-)

Makes you wanna spu.

What was the website ?

Apparently DDProperty. There's a watermark in the center of the pic, LOL.

Thanks, I couldn't make it out clearly.

(Note to self - clean computer screen and pay a visit to optometrist)

While noting the Mukdahan manor property for sale (but saying nothing about that property itself) I remember a Thai friend of mine asking how he could sell his company in Thailand for 5 million $US.

I replied: Find someone who thinks it's worth 10 million $US and he's cheating you.

I think Asians see colors differently than us in western countries.

My sister noticed similar buying kids clothes in Thailand which are totally different choices of colours that would be in shops in Australia.

Don't start me off, I'll be on DD property looking for dodgy pics all day :-)

I enjoy looking, finding a bargain.

I do wonder how would you know if you would be paying too much for a place though?

It seems you can find a property for xxxbaht, and then a similar property, same area for maybe 500k or even more.

Slightly confusing.

I think Asians see colors differently than us in western countries.

My sister noticed similar buying kids clothes in Thailand which are totally different choices of colours that would be in shops in Australia.

If you came from Yorkshire (northern England) like me you would understand the concept of "Yorkshire carpet". Horrendous brightly coloured carpets with exaggerated patterns. Totally tasteless (IMO). They used to adorn every room of the typical working and blue collar class Yorkshire home (including that of my parents) and the same effect was often carried over into other soft furnishings and wall decoration. Not so true these days except for those owned by some over 50s.

Maybe it's a poor working class response to the psychological need to brighten up ones life. Maybe I'm just over-analysing things based on too limited a sample. But, from what I casually observe in Thai soaps, as my wife sucks up the remorseless over-acting, firearms and angry birds, I suspect middle class Thais do not go in for the spangly colour/pattern nightmare approachsmile.png

• Like 1