workers, be hard or not

seajae

Are all the main tank valves locked, and depending on the layout have you checked for tool marks on the pump lines as you can release the nuts on the pipes and if its gravity fed you will start getting fuel. If its underground same tactic but you have to get more creative to bring the fuel up since you have to supply the pump and separate the pipe enough to get to work

But good luck with the stern talking too.

• 3 weeks later...

You have to accept thefts and childlike behaviour. They are going to steal and behave like 12 year olds....This is Thailand.

Spoken like to true person who has never run, operated or managed a thing in his life

OP, they are taking the p*ss - set an example sack a few of them, with the threat of any more sh*t the BiB will be invited down to your premises to search people, houses and p*ss tests given.

you being over generous with them, you have given a hand ie the housing sand they are trying to take your arm, you being seen as a soft touch

No. Ran my own businesses since 1975, retired early. Had 20 Thai staff. They think cheating and stealing is their birthright, just part of doing business.... It's in their DNA.

You won't stop them..just try to keep the thefts to a minimum.

All drivers steal fuel. There are roadside stations that buy it. Trucks lined up to sell their fuel at these police owned stations.

Your senior man on the job runs the graft. They are always up to something. In fact, they lose face if they do a good job & don't steal.

This last poster is 100% correct - (nearly) all drivers steal fuel. The honest ones will get intimidated into letting others steal his fuel. The best way to protect the fuel is to fit anti siphon devices - these prevent the dishonest and protects the honest drivers. In my experience the investment necessary to do this (less than THB5,000 per truck) pays back in less than a couple of months. PM me for more information.

Update, wife called them all together yesterday and issued an ultimatum, she has informed them that if this happens again everyone that now lives on site with their wives/families will have to move and no one will be allowed to stay there, she also informed them that she has discussed what is happening with the police and that they will investigate it if anything else happens, anyone found to be involved will be fired. Now we wait and see if this works.

Fuel pump is onsite and run by a different owner, wife or her assistant(very honest guy) has to unlock the tanks, it is also in the open so it is visible to all. Because the trucks tanks are now being locked(sleeve placed over the opening with a lock, were just pad locked originally) they are probably milking the fuel by disconnecting the fuel line and siphoning it out that way, again would have to be done overnight when no one is around as it would take a while making the ones on site the likely culprits.

Fuel lines can also be protected - the clamps fitted by the truck makers are just too easy to release (just finger pressure for some or a one baht coin for the "jubilee" type clamps). PM me for more information.

wife is pretty riled up with what they have done and is also making contigency plans if it continues, never seen her this p*ssed at the workers before. There is no way she is going to relent and already chasing new workers.

get her to find me 2 while shes at it, the last 2 years I have gone through 5 sets most leave with NO notice longest lasted 6 months although the last two did more in 6 weeks than the 6 months of the other two.

And you lost the good ones?

Yes they always give the same story " Father sick" so we know when they say this they are off.

Real reason for leaving ..................work too hard, they were told what the work was before they arrived and they said ok.

So sad ole Falang of 51 can out work 22 year old kid as i did half the work with him.

sad ole kid got free "nice house " ( they dont care about this) free motorbike with free unlimited fuel free water free food, free tv free electric. 2 hour for lunch work was 7-12 30 minutes breakfast in there then 2 till 5pm. salary 9000 per person , his wife did the cleaning but most of the time had little to do in fact Id say it was more 12k him 6 k her.