Inexpensive Medicine in Bangkok

Deke

Does any body have recommendations for pharmacies that sell at low prices in central, or near central, Bangkok. I'm looking for everyday medicines like antibiotics, Miracid, vitamins, etc. It doesn't matter if you need to buy in bulk.

If you tell us the medications, you will get far better help. Some pharmacies seem to be known for a really great price on certain meds. I don't know about 1 specific pharmacy that has everything for cheap.

Edited by inbangkok

1. South East Pharmacy on Sukhumvit road just west of Soi 15. Whiolesale prices.

2. Roong Rote Pharmacy (รุ่งโรจน์เภสัช).Soi On-Nut (Sukhumvit Soi 77), away from Sukhumvit Road, about 40m on right side. Large stock of reasonably priced generics.

3. Wholesale pharmacy on Pradiprat Road, just a short distance from Huay Kwang BTS, and on the Pradiprat portion opposite of Big C. Walking from the main intersection, the pharmacy is located about 60 meters on the left.

• Like 2

If you tell us the medications, you will get far better help. Some pharmacies seem to be known for a really great price on certain meds. I don't know about 1 specific pharmacy that has everything for cheap.

I'm not looking for anything specific. Just for a place to go for the types of medicines that people buy on a regular basis. Things for "normal" complaints.

1. South East Pharmacy on Sukhumvit road just west of Soi 15. Whiolesale prices.

2. Roong Rote Pharmacy (รุ่งโรจน์เภสัช).Soi On-Nut (Sukhumvit Soi 77), away from Sukhumvit Road, about 40m on right side. Large stock of reasonably priced generics.

3. Wholesale pharmacy on Pradiprat Road, just a short distance from Huay Kwang BTS, and on the Pradiprat portion opposite of Big C. Walking from the main intersection, the pharmacy is located about 60 meters on the left.

Thanks Sheryl. Just what I was looking for. I think I'll check out the Huay Kwang place first.

Have not used for many years but know there was a very active wholesale drug store on Rama 4 road across from Chula Hospital that we found very inexpensive.

Sounds like another good one to check out. Thanks.

The large pharmacy and sort of general store just past BULLY'S PUB on Sukhumvit between Soi-4 & Soi 2 (Nana) has always had fair pricing, surprising considering the location.

There is a pharmacy on Sukhumvit 71, Klong Tan, at the intersection with Petchabury/Pattanahkhan Rd's, even soi side..the very last storefront before the intersection.

Their prices are so low there is usually a line and they have a queue numbering system. Worth the trip is you have a large quantity to buy.

Best way to get there: BTS to Phra Khanong, use Exit #3. At the base of the stairway, walk in the direction of traffic to the bus stop and take any of the following buses that turn onto Suk 71: #40, #71, #133, #501...about a 10 minute ride to the stop just before the Petchabury Rd intersection. Cross 71 to the opposite side.

(You can also pick-up the #40 bus anywhere along the odd side of Sukhumvit from MBK on up)

Can also take the Airport Rail Link to Rhamkhamheng station, instead of descending stairs to street level, follow signs on entry platform to footbridge across Rhamkhamheng Rd by NasaVegas Hotel, Turn left on Rhamkhamheng Rd and walk to intersection. Pharmacy on opposite side. About a 10 minute walk.

Edited by dddave

Southeast pharmacy near soi 15 (recommended by sheryl) does not have so cheap prices any more since the whole business changed a couple of years ago. Stock seems to be more limited than before

The pharmacy in Rama 4 (recommended by lopburi) seems to have closed, at least i couldn't find it. There are several reasonable pharmacies at that location.

Por Bor Pesat in Khlong Tan (recommended by Dave) is closed on sunday. They may not have many different brands of a drug, just the cheapest one. They may in my experience not sell some GPO drugs that are cheaper then the drugs they sell.

But 95% of the time they are the cheapest place in town, very often very very cheap.

Always crowded, people who buy here usually spend several thousand baht.

Chulalongkorn Community Pharmacy is another reasonable priced pharmacy.

Opposite MBK, cross the footbridge to Siam Square, then walk 20m towards Chulalongkorn University. Limited selection. Good quality.

Edited by uhuh

I went there last visit and prices were good for simple things for a planned trip to Burma , and I wanted to have meds if I got sicjk from bad food or infections.....

Nice AirCo too which I think is important in a Pharmacy

Por Bor Pesat in Khlong Tan (recommended by Dave) is closed on sunday. They may not have many different brands of a drug, just the cheapest one. They may in my experience not sell some GPO drugs that are cheaper then the drugs they sell.
But 95% of the time they are the cheapest place in town, very often very very cheap.
Always crowded, people who buy here usually spend several thousand baht.

Thanks, Uhuh for elaborating on my post. I never knew the name of that pharmacy and have only used it a few times.

There is an another excellent pharmacy on "71 (between Sois (Pridi) 13 & 15) with a pharmacist who speaks fluent English ...also very low prices and never a "farang" premium. Also closed on Sundays. Normal hours: 10am to 8pm.