UK Visitor Visa 2nd Refusal--Reapplying advice badly needed!

It will be very much appreciated if you'd take time reading my situation and give me proper advice on what I have to do for when I re-apply for a UK general visit visa. Here's a few insights on my story.

I am a Filipino Citizen, holding a Philippine passport of course and currently working as a kindergarten teacher in Phnom Penh Cambodia. I have first filed my application for a UK general visit visa last June 2014 through VFS global and it was processed in Bangkok. The said trip is intended to go sight-seeing since it's been my dream to visit England ever since. I have a British national friend whom I have met in the US during our on the job training back in 2014 and he is willing to sponsor me and let me stay at his place. He will not support me financially though.

Now for the first application I filed, They have refused my visa because of a couple of reasons. First is because I was not able to give proof that I have genuine relationship with my friend. I have known him for two years now, We met in the Philippines in December 2013 during his break to meet me and other Filipino friends he have met in the US. The last time I saw him was in September 2014 during his trip here in Cambodia. I have accommodated him in both trips so in return he's going to give me accommodation for when I visit England. The second reason is that I have stated that my mom is going to pay for my whole trip as a graduation gift (I am a fresh graduate) Now the thing is, I didn't know and my mom didn't tell me that there is only 6,840 Dirhams's (1088 GBP)in her bank account which clearly isn't enough to pay for the trip. The ECO wasn't satisfied on the balance of probabilities that I have close genuine ties with my sponsor and that I have enough funds to pay for the cost of the trip.

I admit that getting denied was my fault as I did not research thoroughly on what I need as supporting documents and overlooked the money available to me.

8 months later, after saving up money from juggling 2 jobs I applied for the second time. This time, I made sure I have provided everything that I can possibly provide as proof for the ECO.

I made sure to include pictures of my friend and I from US, Philippines and Cambodia times. Viber Call logs, and Emails just to prove that our communication is still existent. Although I did not state that my mom is going to pay for my trip anymore. I said that I will be shouldering the whole trip and just gonna use the graduation money gift from my mom to a trip to japan with my sister. (which I really do plan on doing) I have provided evidence of my employment such as employment contract, certificate, a letter stating that I am allowed to have a month long break, I even include some of my payslips and time sheets ( not all though because I lost them) I also have provided a bank certificate and bank book from my personal savings account, I even purchased health and travel insurance that is valid for a month, included US tax return documents as back up to some of the money I have in my bank account. I included a sponsorship letter from my friend and pay slips for 7 months

Today, I got the result of the 2nd application and got another Refusal of entry clearance.

The ECO stated that I have not provided substantiating evidence of regular income or employment. (I did not provide any proof of employment with my second job as it is just personal tutoring.) The other reason they gave is that my friend was not able to provide evidence of his financial circumstances over a substantive period of time. The last reason is that I have not provided any evidence of where did my recent 1,330USD deposit was from saying that it is way above my claimed monthly income and that it indicates artificial inflation in my bank account. in my defense, it was from my mom who is working in UAE. She gives me roughly about 1,300 USD cash or item worth the same as that annually as support since my parents got annulled. I just do not know how to prove it since it was just given to me cash because bank transfers costs a lot.

Can anyone give me advice on what documents I can provide as proof to the things they are doubting. I am planning on applying really soon as I really want to use the time given to me by my company to go to the UK.

-should I ask my mom to write a letter stating that she gave me money, etc.?

-should I make my tutoring employer write a letter too stating my wage?

-would it help if I promise that I will return to cambodia and I have no intentions of jeopardizing my future travels.

Please please please all sort of help will be very much appreciated!

xx

KAyra

I think your situation is difficult and as a UK citizen I can well see why your applications are being refused. At the present time there is a huge feeling against people coming to the UK and taking advantage of the benefits available there. So to qualify for a visa you have to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that you have a suitable sponsor and the means to ensure that you will have no recourse to state funding whilst in the UK. From what you have said I would not be happy that this was the case. Your sponsor does not appear to be able to show satisfactory evidence of funds and he is only a friend anyway and could simply pass on any obligations and you are unable to show that you have an employment record such as to satisfy the ECO that you can pay your way. I think you should wait until you have a proven track record of your own money. Graduation money from your mom just won't cut it. If I was the ECO I would not give you a visa either. Sorry!

Thank you for your reply Bigyin! But I have been working with the same company since april 2014. And I have savings for the said trip. I have provided everyrhing that can prove that I am working for that time span. The ECO seems to be needing the bank account where my wage comes in hence I just presented them my personal bank account. I also have not provided proof about my tutoring job, i just dont know how because i am paid cash and I am not under a tutoring company. For the second application, i did not say that my mom is going to pay for my trip cos I already have my own savings. The ECO just questionned the 1,330 USD that was recently deposited to my bank account and wants me to prove the origin of the money deposited. I just want to take another shot as i really want to go, I have a job, i am earning :/ is my situation really that baaad.

My WIFE suffered 2 refusals 5 years even though we had lived together for 2 years and she was my wife so I empathise with you.I was lucky enough to be able to appeal the decision and it was then granted. Put yourself in the shoes of the ECO and make sure you tick all the boxes before you apply.

Quite frankly if you only have around a 1000dollars to your name there is not much reason for you to leave Britain. If I were the ECO i would want to see you well settled somewhere owning property etc etc before I granted the visa.

I am no expert but i do not think you have much chance unless your circumstances change a lot.

I would ask your mum to write a letter stating that she does indeed give you this money.You should also have a letter from your employer stating how much you earn, what your job is and that the company is going to give you the time off for your trip and you will still have a job to come back too. Provide bank statements for any accounts that you may have. Your friend can write a letter stating that he is going to provide accommodation but will not offer and financial support to this end if he rents a property ask for a copy of his rental contract and a letter from the landlord stating that it OK for you to stay there. Don't worry if anyone says about benefits in the UK you are not entitled to any and will not be able to claim anything. Keep your supporting letters to the point.

Best Of luck with any future applications

I'm not an expert in these issues but from reading what you have submitted the two points of note are your funds tends towards the low and you do not highlight a tangible asset, like a house,etc., which you would need to return for. In the eyes of the authorities there is little stopping you walking away from your "old life" and then "losing" yourself in the UK.

Reason to return has not been mentioned by kayram; but in her OP she says of the second refusal

The last reason is that I have not provided any evidence of where did my recent 1,330USD deposit was from saying that it is way above my claimed monthly income and that it indicates artificial inflation in my bank account.

It seems to me that this is the major sticking point; the unexplained deposit of a substantial sum in your bank just prior to the application.

But as already said, if you can re post the refusal notice with all your personal details removed then we will be better able to advise.

Until then, any advice will be pure speculation.

Edited by 7by7