Thai wife has moved out.

Don't worry, at age 46 I'd just finished dating my very last western women, no slight on them..and was dating a bunch of Chinese ladies in Vancouver, until I "discovered" Thailand

Funny how that works..

Luckily enough there are no children involved. I think she was just after a visa and cash for her family anyway, but it is her money to spend and she works hard for it. That doesn't help with living arrangements though if you send it all home.

I still prefer women from Southeast Asia, but I won't be getting involved in UK visas again for them.

• Like 2

She has FLR, runs out May 2016, if she is not with me, no more visas.

That's what she's angling at, isn't it.

She is free to return home if she wishes and she can continue to live/work here until it expires. She can't get ILR or a British passport without learning more, plus me being the sponsor again.

How old is she? Very likly if she is hot she will have a new man within a month.

Younger than me...

And she can meet a new man if she wants, but it won't help her visa situation next year. Any evidence with a new man will be void as she is in breach of her UK FLR spouse visa by separating from me. I've already done some research on it, hey, could be a new blog subject!

It's too bad that Mom got in the way again, break free from her ( your Mom that is ), or Som nom naa rules apply..

and having said that, I wish you the best..a lot of us have good Thai women, but we have still ALL felt the lash, and it always stings..

learn from any errors in this relationship..learn well.

Yes very true. Lessons have been learned and I won't be making a similar mistake again!

She had a chance of moving out 18 months ago. We looked at apartments here in this part of the UK, the costs were too high with bills as well. Instead she carried on saving her money and blew £5000 on her parents house and farm, when we got back from the holiday, she had no money left...

It was her money though, wasn't it? Maybe you are a bit angry that she used her money for her family instead of sharing it with you? In reality, it has nothing to do with YOUR current poor work and financial situation.

Maybe you are a bit angry that you let your wife somehow persuade you that her aversion to flying alone somehow trumped the importance of you retaining paid employment in the UK?

Admittedly, it is your parents house but your mum appears to be dictating your life. I mean changing the locks?! Is your wife a thief already? You also suddenly seem rather cavalier regarding your 8000 quid 'investment' in your wife's UK immigration status.

1. I had my own money for the holiday to Thailand, didn't need hers, but renting a flat needs to be shared with bills, rent etc.

2. My wife was adamant on her holiday plans and what she wanted to do with her family. I advised her that my job would quite likely be lost, it was 50/50. What would you do?

3. My parents are quite upset that she walked out and didn't say goodbye when they have provided her with accommodation, food, electric, gas, a room of her own and only having to give £30 a week for that.

Is one not allowed to try and change careers at 46, if one's options are limited, then why not try a change and see if it works. At present I would say that I am on the right track, I study the Google Analytics and other markers everyday.

Edited by tribalfusion001
  • Like 1

The blog is a great hobby but can't see that making a lot of money.

You need to find a job asap and get a place of your own. If not you can say goodbye to wife IMO.

She's gone. Too much going on for it to work again, lot's more to the story than I've put on here, but some things are best left off the net.

I see the blog as a portfolio, a work in progress, something to build upon. I don't envisage making any money from the site, but getting my name out there to show what I can do and what I can do for them. I have learned more in the last 5 months than I have for years. She could not see the vision, just the short term, it's a shame really!

and having said that, I wish you the best..a lot of us have good Thai women, but we have still ALL felt the lash, and it always stings..

learn from any errors in this relationship..learn well.

Yes very true. Lessons have been learned and I won't be making a similar mistake again!

She had a chance of moving out 18 months ago. We looked at apartments here in this part of the UK, the costs were too high with bills as well. Instead she carried on saving her money and blew £5000 on her parents house and farm, when we got back from the holiday, she had no money left...

It was her money though, wasn't it? Maybe you are a bit angry that she used her money for her family instead of sharing it with you? In reality, it has nothing to do with YOUR current poor work and financial situation.

Maybe you are a bit angry that you let your wife somehow persuade you that her aversion to flying alone somehow trumped the importance of you retaining paid employment in the UK?

Admittedly, it is your parents house but your mum appears to be dictating your life. I mean changing the locks?! Is your wife a thief already? You also suddenly seem rather cavalier regarding your 8000 quid 'investment' in your wife's UK immigration status.

1. I had my own money for the holiday to Thailand, didn't need hers, but renting a flat needs to be shared with bills, rent etc.

2. My wife was adamant on her holiday plans and what she wanted to do with her family. I advised her that my job would quite likely be lost, it was 50/50. What would you do?

3. My parents are quite upset that she walked out and didn't say goodbye when they have provided her with accommodation, food, electric, gas, a room of her own and only having to give £30 a week for that.

Is one not allowed to try and change careers at 46, if one's options are limited, then why not try a change and see if it works. At present I would say that I am on the right track, I study the Google Analytics and other markers everyday.

1. Refer to my edited post regards whose money is whose, ie. Thai-Farang relationships 101: what's your money is shared money but what's her money is hers.

2. With regard to work versus play; I have been on the 'horns of the dilemma' many times but I always opt to go off to work. My wife seems appreciative of it too.

3. Your mum is maybe more upset at losing the 30 quid/week rent. What on earth was that all about? Your wife was working and was paying rent to your parents while you sat at home and farted around with this blog malarkey?

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 2

1. Refer to my edited post regards whose money is whose, ie. Thai-Farang relationships 101: what's your money is shared money but what's her money is hers.

2. With regard to work versus play; I have been on the 'horns of the dilemma' many times but I always opt to go off to work. My wife seems appreciative of it too.

3. Your mum is maybe more upset at losing the 30 quid/week rent. What on earth was that all about? Your wife was working and was paying rent to your parents while you sat at home and farted around with this blog malarkey?

I shared what I had with her, she did not share back, not interested in that type of relationship anymore!

Up to you, I like to travel and experience new places.

Why should she not have paid something? I'm learning new skills to improve my job chances, is that wrong?

951 Twitter followers, 491 Pinterest followers, 75 on Google+, 41 on Facebook, Alexa ranking of 298,020 after 5 months, 83 sites linking in to my site, average page views of 200 per day.

There are ways to determine if Thai women are on the take or not..not saying your ex was..

Trouble is, it worked out for me after some trial and error, so everyone has a different story, but I don't want to come across as arrogant and a know it all..

But when you see tens of thousands of farang with good Thai women, great ones inside and out, just realize your own happy ending is very realistic in general, in time..

We all Fk up in degree, me more than most.

For example, I lost almost 40 million Baht in the stock market.. over 90% of my life-savings 2 years ago..so keep your chin up. I try to, and succeed for the most part, deluded or not.

Everything gets easier over time..but don't get burned twice. You know the saying, "Fool me once, shame on you, Fool me twice, shame on ME.."

Someone who talks sense, cheers.

Not if the new career is 'online pikey'.

New career is evening courses training as a plumber, electrician, surveyor ...........

I've never met anyone who ever made it online, seems a bit like hoping to win the lottery.

New career is evening courses training as a plumber, electrician, surveyor ...........

I've never met anyone who ever made it online, seems a bit like hoping to win the lottery.

Really, I know quite a few and one is an online research manager for BBC Worldwide!

Really, I know quite a few and one is an online research manager for BBC Worldwide!

And they started at age 46 with no previous journalistic experience or training?

The BBC won't employ anyone without a degree and years of experience.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

And they started at 46 with no previous journalistic experience or training?

I didn't say that I would be working there. And yes I'm thinking about a media degree or online marketing course. I know this won't be easy.

I didn't say that I would be working there. And yes I'm thinking about a media degree or online marketing course. I know this won't be easy.

its time to wake up from the dream,because thats all it was,in 30yrs.i have seen farangs promising this and that when they know they got f-all.your wife as you say worked hard to save money to help rebuild her parents house,that one day you and her would live in.that was till she realized that you were not the man she married.by being bitter to her she's done right and left and is rid of you.and as for working in thailand there are no cleaning jobs available.

so get a life and a JOB.

• Like 2

I would love to work in Thailand in a real job. I taught for a few years but that was not for me but some guys seemed to like it. Kids stop being cute about the 3rd week and it becomes a drag IMO.

I met a young guy who runs the most popular forum for Pattaya. He seems to be doing Ok so I guess it is possible.

Good luck!

• Like 1

its time to wake up from the dream,because thats all it was,in 30yrs.i have seen farangs promising this and that when they know they got f-all.your wife as you say worked hard to save money to help rebuild her parents house,that one day you and her would live in.that was till she realized that you were not the man she married.by being bitter to her she's done right and left and is rid of you.and as for working in thailand there are no cleaning jobs available.

so get a life and a JOB.

Why would I want to live in Isaan??? I'm not claiming any benefits, living off what savings I have left. I delivered a promise that I could keep, she got a visa to live and work in UK, up to her if she doesn't want to be with me, but that means no more UK visa next year, her loss, not mine!

I would love to work in Thailand in a real job. I taught for a few years but that was not for me but some guys seemed to like it. Kids stop being cute about the 3rd week and it becomes a drag IMO.

I met a young guy who runs the most popular forum for Pattaya. He seems to be doing Ok so I guess it is possible.

Good luck!

Teaching is ok for a while. Some people think anything online is crap and it is crap, but enough people read it. Some people think a job is a job, but you better off being happy doing that something that you enjoy and if you make enough money from it, that is even better.

1. Media degree is useless for any of the UK news organisations, degree in journalism is required.

2. Age 46 is too old, they don't recruit anyone over 40 without years of experience in a senior position.

I used to work in the business, retired at 45 and was one of the oldest people there (excluding senior management).

3,000 applications for every job, no matter how menial, most with 1st class degrees. We didn't even read most of them.

You're just too old to make a living in the media, but you might scrape a low level living on the fringes.

You'd probably be able to earn more money working for a garden center.

Face reality, you're just too old.

I moved out on my own when I was 17yrs old,I cannot dream of living with Mom.

My wonderful Thai wife would leave me I think if we moved in with Mom and I

would not blame her. 46yrs old living with Mom.......WOW.

My wife worked 75 hours last week as a Thai chef in the states,about half her

money goes to Thailand for our home and the other half is spent on living expenses.

Myself...I work,work work.

YOU,,,,,Mum what's for dinner...I'm hungry........LOL

• Like 2

1. Media degree is useless for any of the UK news organisations, degree in journalism is required.

2. Age 46 is too old, they don't recruit anyone over 40 without years of experience in a senior position.

I used to work in the business, retired at 45 and was one of the oldest people there (excluding senior management).

3,000 applications for every job, no matter how menial, most with 1st class degrees. We didn't even read most of them.

You're just too old to make a living in the media, but you might scrape a low level living on the fringes.

You'd probably be able to earn more money working for a garden center.

Face reality, you're just too old.

Your point of view, never mentioned UK news organizations or media.

money goes to Thailand for our home and the other half is spent on living expenses.

You let your wife work 75 hours a week? I thought they had abolished slavery in the USA smile.png

• Like 1

Good for you

You let your wife work 75 hours a week? I thought they had abolished slavery in the USA smile.png

Not in the deep south where he lives!