Buying men's shoes in Pattaya ?

MrWorldwide

Looking at this chart, it would appear that I need a size 44 sports shoe (10 1/2 inch foot - OK, feet) - the largest my nearest shoe store had was size 41. In the farming district I grew up in before moving to Sydney at 11, that shoe store would have struggled, but I cant say I've seen too many Farang men with small feet : YMMV.

http://www.newjsi.com/metric_size_chart.aspx

Sane feedback most welcome. Thanks in advance.

I've been looking for 45 sandals (size 11 UK) and very little choice even in Central. FINDIG had 2 of that size but both poor design & quality. Had to resort to a friend bringing some from UK in a few weeks. I feel sure BKK would have a good choice though

Thanks for the feedback - we shouldnt have to travel 90+ minutes into the worst traffic in Thailand simply to buy a pair of shoes. There is a market here - even if many of the tourists are only here for 2 weeks at a time.

I am 44/45 size and have not really had problems finding the size albeit perhaps a more limited selection .

For sport type shoes suggest Outlet mall on Thrappasit (a number of separate branded outlets plus the sports shop in the mall and normally a sale at the front), Puma outlet on Naklua road (up from the Dolphin roundabout on the left), sports shop upstairs in Big C mall second road, same in Royal Garden and even Thrappasit market......

I have not looked at sport shoes (other than golf) in Central Festival and Mikes so can't comment on them thumbsup.gif

Men with small feet ? My Grandfather was 6 foot tall and had UK size 7 feet. I am 5 foot 11 and have size 7 UK. A work colleague of mine is 5 foot 10 and has size 7 feet.

Buying anything in Thailand related to clothing / shoes is a gamble. All the shops seem to have limited stock and also limited range of sizes. Since most Thai's are small in stature so shops are not going to go out of their way to stock XXXL T shirts. Or shoes that that are size 11 / 12 / 13...

Most Thai / Oriental men have small 'in length' feet but they are very wide and splayed. To get a shoe that fits a size 7 in length they need a 9 or 10 to accommodate the width and they flap about on their feet.

What annoys me are sales people in Thailand that come back with the style of shoe you want in a size not near what you are and they think you are going to buy them... Westerner buy shoes to fit their feet. Thais buy shoes that might be able to get on their feet and may have to wear to a an official function once in a blue moon...

Findig, aka Udom Aegg. Their shoes are of great quality and quite affordable when you go for those on special sale. Any shoes I bought elsewhere didn't last as long as expected, but some of the Findig shoes I have for years.

Just as a heads up, when they box your shoes, take them out and make sure they are the same shoes AND the correct size. I bought shoes once from the mall and somehow they boxed the wrong size. I don't even know how that was possible, but I didn't notice until I was home and they wouldn't exchange them just 2 hours later.

Findig, aka Udom Aegg. Their shoes are of great quality and quite affordable when you go for those on special sale. Any shoes I bought elsewhere didn't last as long as expected, but some of the Findig shoes I have for years.

I agree the have great shoes at great prices

The one in the Royal Garden is the best one I found

• Like 1