1000 baht a day

Badman22

lol ..... geeeezzee , 1000 baht , I spend half that at breakfast ..

I fly into Bangkok a couple of times a month and usually stay at the VIP suite in either the Marriot or the Sheraton, depending on which is available.

I budget around 4,000 baht a day spending money, which seems to be adequate as I usually only have a few hundred baht left at the end of each day.

I suppose you could survive on 1,000, but not me ....

I like my lobster every now and then ..... coffee1.gif

Next braggart stand up.

I reckon I live as well as Steven but for half as much money. ;)

Edited by smokie36
  • Like 1

I fly into Bangkok a couple of times a month and usually stay at the VIP suite in either the Marriot or the Sheraton, depending on which is available.

I budget around 4,000 baht a day spending money, which seems to be adequate as I usually only have a few hundred baht left at the end of each day.

Wow

Lucky old you

• Like 1

I don't get it, I bring in much more than 30k a month but I can't possibly think of ways to spend it. Wife kid and myself barely even spend 30 k a month. But we own everything and cook at home. Holidays are cheap around Asia, of which we take many. But I am frugal and don't throw money away.

If your accommodation is all paid and the 1,000 is just to spend, then yep you can do it. Although it won't be a whale of a time. 1,000 baht a day isn't exactly "two week millionaire" territory.

Here's your day:

Breakfast 100

Lunch 50

Dinner 150

Massage 200

Beers x 5 (at a beer bar) 250

Baht Bus x 3 30

Tips 80

Coffee x 3 140

Bar Fines - Nil

JD Coke - Nil

Lady drinks - Nil

GoGo bar thrills and spills - Nil

Have a happy holiday. whistling.gif

There is plenty of space for improvement.

cheaper beer bar cut the useless massage and coffee. Increase the beer, which than makes the breakfast obsolete.

• Like 1

If your accommodation is all paid and the 1,000 is just to spend, then yep you can do it. Although it won't be a whale of a time. 1,000 baht a day isn't exactly "two week millionaire" territory.

Here's your day:

Breakfast 100

Lunch 50

Dinner 150

Massage 200

Baht Bus x 3 30

Tips 80

Coffee x 3 140

Bar Fines - Nil

JD Coke - Nil

Lady drinks - Nil

My God!!! JD Coke-Nil.....Thats me gone...biggrin.png

• Like 1

You must be AMERICAN....... Typical braggart xsick.gif.pagespeed.ic.tVTSNn-2vrViiesVr !!

• Like 1

Here's your day:

Breakfast 100

Lunch 50

Dinner 150

Massage 200

Baht Bus x 3 30

Tips 80

Coffee x 3 140

Bar Fines - Nil

JD Coke - Nil

Lady drinks - Nil

Seriously I'd ditch the Massage at 200 baht and Coffee at 140 baht out of that budget and add 3 more beers in slightly more upmarket Bars

Welcome to Thailand and Welcome to a " Third World " I lived ( quite successfully may i add ) on 100 baht a day ( minus beers as i don't drink ) But if you like a beer now and again i think 12,000 baht a month " all in " is more than enough to cover nice accommodation ( with pool ) bills,visa,food drink and a few cool train trips and a fab life! ( * My pricing is based on a reasonable condo in Pattaya with pool from just 5,000 baht a month based on a years contract )

Farang Jaidee " Your Thai Visa friend "......wub.png

• Like 1

If you are staying long term, then you don't need or want to live like a tourist? i had a Russian bird for a while and she cost me nothing, she had a proper job. You can get it fro free if you don't try to hard. 1000 a day is doable. Maybe 2000 at the weekend. If you are big boozer then you are well stuffed!

You will be fine. Not everyone needs five beers a day, and not everyone needs to spend more than 100 baht per meal. 1000 will go a long way, and you may even do it on 500 on some days, by eating at the markets. Head for the night markets for dinner. After two days on 500, the third day you could splurge...(2000)...on some shopping or other entertainment. You might even consider getting a scooter rental or just buy a second hand bicycle and resell.

Well onanism is a wonderful way to live and enjoy ones life if you want excitement at economy prices .

All delights can be indulged in very cheaply and the ability to enjoy all such experiences is in your own hands too.whistling.gif

Bar Fines - Nil

JD Coke - Nil

Lady drinks - Nil

Why would one need to do that every day? Even on my own an occasional weekly blowout was enough. Gets boring fast, but each to their own; I guess as a very old dude with nothing else to look forward to I might think differently. Personally think the op's budget is fine as long as he's not an alcy. Some days could easily be done for couple hundred baht. Beach, walks, hiking, reading, etc

If you eat noodles for lunch and krapow for dinner every day and only ever drink water an take buses for transport you are in for a super cheap trip.

If you wanted a fish for dinner the cost rises substantially....beer and it can get stratospheric....well it can if you drink like me!

Yesterday.8am.

1700bt diesel chiang mai district.

51bt 7/11 coffee bacon cheese burger.

2pm.

32bt 7/11 ham/cheese sarnie water. Tak

8:30pm ban chang.

1x short time from 1 bar

1 x short time from yoyo

1 x all nighter from spicy bar

1 room in hotel

1 bangers n mash

Unknown amount of drinks.

.....no. i cannot get by on 1000 baht a day.

Won't have much for anything besides basic existence. OP mentions massage, beers so the OP expects some recreational activities. beers at clubs of course cost more than buying at Big C and drinking in your room. A few drinks for yourself and a lady will exhaust your 1000 baht. Soapy massage in Pattaya figure 1800 baht. Decent oil massage itself is 300 baht. Foot massage <= 200 baht. Ticket to places like Nong nooch or other major attractions at least several hundred baht.

Yesterday.8am.

1700bt diesel chiang mai district.

51bt 7/11 coffee bacon cheese burger.

2pm.

32bt 7/11 ham/cheese sarnie water. Tak

8:30pm ban chang.

1x short time from 1 bar

1 x short time from yoyo

1 x all nighter from spicy bar

1 room in hotel

1 bangers n mash

Unknown amount of drinks.

.....no. i cannot get by on 1000 baht a day.

There is absolutely no reason why anybody living in Thailand has to pay to be with a Lady! I have never paid for one in 4 years.There are plenty of nice ladies who would love to be entertained by a charming farang.So why? i can understand paying for " bangers n mash " ( Thai Cuisine at it's very best...) but certainly not for ladies.

Farang Jaidee wai2.gif x

• Like 1

I think that with 1,000 baht a day, not including the already paid for room, you can have an enjoyable time. Those that come here to buy lady drinks, and take a girl home everyday, will certainly disagree. If this is not a sex visit, you will be fine. Walk & enjoy. Plenty of nice Thai people to meet and talk to.....

You don't have to be a sex tourist to spend money. Even with airfare and hotels paid, a thousand baht a day won't buy many good meals in nice restaurants, pay for a/c taxis intead of walking in the heat or waiting in the heat for busses or the train, get some souvenirs for yourself and friends, and pamper yourself with massages and a few JD's; and you know you're going to have to at least look into one of the famous girlie bars. I'd take walks--seeing the sites and eating at local street vendors on the cheap--every other day to increase my party day budget.

Wow. I would love this topic to go on and on. So enlightening. I loved in

Thailand for 2.5 years and averaged about that 1000 per day not including the two times I was drugged and robbed that netted about $7,000 or about 230,000 bt. I saw on the average a couple or more girls a week as I sampled the wife for rent scene in bars and on the street. In so doing I have earned valuable hind sight. Twice drugged and robbed and indulged in numerous unnecessary sexy encounters, I can see that living Thai vs Western and pursuing quality and not quantity will seem to "cheapen" and optomize my next long stay there. I found excess in the bar took me farther from my goal and not closer to it. I want still a stable supportive lovely relationship with a Thai girl or three, not endless samples. To do this takes more planning and goal oriented searching than just going out and doing beers and bodies. Reading, model building, sketching, writing, photography, interior design, learning language or many other creative interests may lower the price of living in such a sex tempting place. Making excursions up country or to Cambodia to meet girls will also, I am told, roughly double or more the value of your money for exploring romance. Highly recommended though is working hard to learn and use the language$ to edify your $elf and the Thai$. Easy does it. If you must need to rent a wife, consider long time vs short time as it seems like a much better value and chance to get to explore the girl. This will take much patience as often some of the finest girls are way too shy to head off to your bahn for 3 days of dreamy steamy mango pleasures...! My experience, any way. To stretch your sex search dollar I suggest taking notes on your experiences and hone your behavior based on what you learn from this. Going out for bar sex put me in a tizzy and clearing it out to chose more wisely was a constant struggle. Less is more as they say. I suspect from the poster that always gets it free, he is a very nice and patient guy. Bars made me cronically anxious, and some times severely so. My goal for next stay is to do less than 500 bt per day and see Myan Mar and Cambodia on the super cheap go back in time (cheaper) time travel, non stop "love in." Taking the train from Hualompong (sp) to Lopburi is something like 20 baht and tantamount to a 2 hour massage with scenery and snax. Addictive. Long live the King. Avoid and extinguish the thought of envying men that are there in town evey night getting girls. Focus instead on a schedule based on natural bio rhythms of energy and vision and stay home and "charge your batteries" for occasional quality times, not degrading, repetitious short time sex. Meeting independent girls at late night out on the streets produced the more sensible and economical friendships/encounters, although there were exceptions. I could go on. Be careful and thoughtful and work at it and you will have plenty of whatever you seek.

Wow. I would love this topic to go on and on. So enlightening. I loved in

Thailand for 2.5 years and averaged about that 1000 per day not including the two times I was drugged and robbed that netted about $7,000 or about 230,000 bt. I saw on the average a couple or more girls a week as I sampled the wife for rent scene in bars and on the street. In so doing I have earned valuable hind sight. Twice drugged and robbed and indulged in numerous unnecessary sexy encounters, I can see that living Thai vs Western and pursuing quality and not quantity will seem to "cheapen" and optomize my next long stay there. I found excess in the bar took me farther from my goal and not closer to it. I want still a stable supportive lovely relationship with a Thai girl or three, not endless samples. To do this takes more planning and goal oriented searching than just going out and doing beers and bodies. Reading, model building, sketching, writing, photography, interior design, learning language or many other creative interests may lower the price of living in such a sex tempting place. Making excursions up country or to Cambodia to meet girls will also, I am told, roughly double or more the value of your money for exploring romance. Highly recommended though is working hard to learn and use the language$ to edify your $elf and the Thai$. Easy does it. If you must need to rent a wife, consider long time vs short time as it seems like a much better value and chance to get to explore the girl. This will take much patience as often some of the finest girls are way too shy to head off to your bahn for 3 days of dreamy steamy mango pleasures...! My experience, any way. To stretch your sex search dollar I suggest taking notes on your experiences and hone your behavior based on what you learn from this. Going out for bar sex put me in a tizzy and clearing it out to chose more wisely was a constant struggle. Less is more as they say. I suspect from the poster that always gets it free, he is a very nice and patient guy. Bars made me cronically anxious, and some times severely so. My goal for next stay is to do less than 500 bt per day and see Myan Mar and Cambodia on the super cheap go back in time (cheaper) time travel, non stop "love in." Taking the train from Hualompong (sp) to Lopburi is something like 20 baht and tantamount to a 2 hour massage with scenery and snax. Addictive. Long live the King. Avoid and extinguish the thought of envying men that are there in town evey night getting girls. Focus instead on a schedule based on natural bio rhythms of energy and vision and stay home and "charge your batteries" for occasional quality times, not degrading, repetitious short time sex. Meeting independent girls at late night out on the streets produced the more sensible and economical friendships/encounters, although there were exceptions. I could go on. Be careful and thoughtful and work at it and you will have plenty of whatever you seek.

paragraphs were invented for a reason .... Now I've got a headache !! blink.png

• Like 2

ps im their to fight / train

I think your OK with 1000B-2000B a day ( food & entertainment )

I would say when you have a routine / a purpose, living on a budget is pretty easy.

Living cheaply isnt all about eating crap 'one-dish on rice food' for 35B - Its about sharing, if 2-3-4 guys put in 400B-500B you can have a lot of great Thai food ( if you eat in the popular local restaurants )

You might want to hire a scooter, I don't know the price - probably 200B if you take it for a month - the total petrol bill won't be expensive.

Before I had a house / wife here, I found the 'down time' the most expensive - now I have things to do - I very rarely spend any money.

Enjoy your stay.

Welcome to Thailand and Welcome to a " Third World " I lived ( quite successfully may i add ) on 100 baht a day ( minus beers as i don't drink ) But if you like a beer now and again i think 12,000 baht a month " all in " is more than enough to cover nice accommodation ( with pool ) bills,visa,food drink and a few cool train trips and a fab life! ( * My pricing is based on a reasonable condo in Pattaya with pool from just 5,000 baht a month based on a years contract )

Farang Jaidee " Your Thai Visa friend "......wub.png

absolutely, I do it all the time and live much better for under 12,000 baht a month than I would live in Canada for any amount of money (stupid winters!)

• Like 1