Ford's North American Woes Good Or Bad For Thailand?

Ford's having trouble with profits and market share in North America. Everything but the trucks, that is:

Ford makes a lot of trucks in Thailand. Will this be good or bad for the Thai economy?

More importantly, will this be good or bad for those of us buying Ford trucks in Thailand?

"I'd rather push a Ford,

than drive a Chevy"

post-20734-1156778513_thumb.jpg

Yet the F-Series is still North America's best-selling vehicle line, outselling the most popular car, Toyota's Camry, by a ratio of almost two-to-one this year. And the F-Series is immensely profitable.

Is that true?

If Toyota or Nissan released a vehicle like Ford does they would have been laughed out of the town.

Not only that I am now in Japan, I have driven LandCruisers for many years in Australia.

Once, we had a rent-a-car Chevy Blazer..there were some pics of ppl pissing on it. Not from Ford - but wait - Ford Explorer - the king of the rubbish. I can't say enough how bad that vehicle was and is.

America, forget about the cars. You don't know what the cars are now.

When people do not want to buy and own American cars, what can you do to stop them?

Bankrupt Ford and GM are puzzled, trying to reinvent the wheel...while the Japanese sail away

I have no sympathy for the US automakers. Part of it is that the US refines the dirtiest diesel fuel of any first world country. Ford and GM make very good pickup trucks for the Thai market BUT they are not sold in the US. The Europeans have MANY vehicles that get better than 50 miles per gallon from their clean diesels. It appears that the US makers have learned nothing from the Japanese kicking their asses in the past. Live for today seems to be their motto. They made big money when gasoline was cheap but those days have passed by. The US ignored bio fuels and clean diesel until just recently and now they are playing catch up.