Going to Vietnam shortly

wondercul

I'm in phnom penh and will shortly go alone to Vietnam over land. First stop maybe Ho Chi Minh. What do you think?

I'm over Thailand. And Cambodia has bad transport. I gather Vietnam is a bit better.

What's your experience in Vietnam? I'll be looking for travel buddies. I'll have my Vietnam visa tomorrow.

also headed to HCMC soon, have never been though. Plan on getting a thai visa and spending some time along the southern/central areas and coming back, but I am considering migrating there as well (from Chiang Mai). Have fun!

you plan on getting a Thai visa, do you mean Vietnam visa?

What's your background by the way? I'm in my late 20's and had a varied upbringing... from England.

I've done the Mekong Express bus from PP to HCMC many times. Take Mekong Express from Orussey Market. Leaves 3-4 times a day. It's six hours, with ferry, lunch, border stops. You arrive in HCMC on the park side of Pham Ngu Lao (backpacker area). Leaves HCMC for PP 3-4 times a day. Go to address 275M for bus ticket. Mekong Express written large on the shop sign. Fare was something like $12, I think, but that was 3 years ago.

The bus goes through Svey Rieng, Cambodia and crosses at Moc Bai, VN, a major border point. Viet immigration is a pain and takes half hour to 1 hour.

• Like 1

I've done the Mekong Express bus from PP to HCMC many times. Take Mekong Express from Orussey Market. Leaves 3-4 times a day. It's six hours, with ferry, lunch, border stops. You arrive in HCMC on the park side of Pham Ngu Lao (backpacker area). Leaves HCMC for PP 3-4 times a day. Go to address 275M for bus ticket. Mekong Express written large on the shop sign. Fare was something like $12, I think, but that was 3 years ago.

The bus goes through Svey Rieng, Cambodia and crosses at Moc Bai, VN, a major border point. Viet immigration is a pain and takes half hour to 1 hour.

Kaoboi thanks.

Anyway it's not worth wasting a moment of your time on a-holes.