Shoei GT-Air dealers in BKK

Genericnic

Hi all

I'll be heading to BKK the first week in April and want to pick up a new Shoei GT-Air helmet. Mine has lasted 5 years and it well past its replacement date.

Can anyone point me to a dealer or dealers that have a decent stock?

Thanks

David

Paddock in Ratchadaphisek stock Shoei and they have the GT-Air on their web site.

I think the road to the shop is the hottest in the World - beats Death Valley any day for a seriously hot bike ride - no BTS for shade, reflections from all the tall condos and bad traffic. MRT is a better option than riding to the shop.

Paddock in Ratchadaphisek stock Shoei and they have the GT-Air on their web site.

I think the road to the shop is the hottest in the World - beats Death Valley any day for a seriously hot bike ride - no BTS for shade, reflections from all the tall condos and bad traffic. MRT is a better option than riding to the shop.

Yes, but then, one can always go to any of the numerous Turkish bath shops on both sides of the street to cool down, 55

David, where will you be staying in Bkk? Will you be having your bike? Yes, the Ratchadaphisek road is hot, made worse by not being able to go on the underpass (for bikes, as per the other running thread). But in this particular instance, if coming from Suk side, the underpass will take you pass the soi entrance to Paddock.

If by MRT, it's a 15 walk under the blazing sun so it's really 6 of one and half a dozen of the other

• Like 1

Thanks guys.

Gweiloman, No bike this trip. I don't think my Wave 125i is ready for the trip down from CM. (Yes, I wear a Shoei even with a 125 biggrin.png ) Maybe when I get the CBR300R I'll give it a run. As for location, I'll be staying out near the On Nut BTS station. No problem getting around though. I go to BKK often enough that I even have my own SkeyTrain and MRT cards. :)

As for the heat, I grew up in Houston, Texas which is very much like BKK in terms of heat and humidity.

David

• Like 1

Other places for gear would of course be Pandarider, Dirt Bike shop, 320 etc etc but all of these are not accessible by BTS or MRT as far as I know so Paddock will still be your best bet. They also have a good selection of HJC helmets which I think are good value for money.

For Paddock, get off at Huay Khwang station and go North, past Somboon Seafood, cross over, past the temple and keep walking for a bit.

Try Riders Outlet, they stock Shoei

https://www.facebook.com/RidersOutletBKK

It is on Soi Patanakarn 20, but you can access that soi from On Nut Soi 17.

They have a map on their Facebook page

Thanks. I wish they had a working webpage though. Very hard to find out what they carry with the way Facebook pages scatter things.

David

Thanks. I wish they had a working webpage though. Very hard to find out what they carry with the way Facebook pages scatter things.

David

That is a very small shop with not a large range of sizes etc. I'd say Paddock is your best bet. You could always order online from them as you already know the fit of the helmet and the size you need. Both of these places speak ok English, so perhaps give them a call first.

David

That is a very small shop with not a large range of sizes etc. I'd say Paddock is your best bet. You could always order online from them as you already know the fit of the helmet and the size you need. Both of these places speak ok English, so perhaps give them a call first.

It used to be a small shop. They acquired the house next door and knocked out the wall, much bigger and nicer now.

Yes like most Thai bike shops their website sucks.

They do stock Shoei and I was looking at the GT Air in there the other week.

I'll definitely do a quick run by to take a look. I'll probably go there first since I already know the price at Paddock.

As for websites, it is not just Thai ones. Using Facebook for your website is generally a bad idea. It is not designed to be customer friendly. It is invariably disorganized. I've never seen one, Thai or other, that brought me back for a second look.

David