Best Dual Sim Card Phone

ongengwai

I've been eyeing newer asus zenfone the selfie ZD551KL and the max zc550kl ..will likely get the max. Dual standby sim card + separate sd card.

http://store.asus.com/th/

There was also the samsung J7. I believe it is true dual sim slot and a separate microsd slot. Not sure if the J7 2016 model (june 2016?) will follow suit. That would be great. Specs are not terrible with the 2015 j7...but they will improve significantly in the 2016 edition if you can wait 6-12 weeks whever they release in thailand.

The A series (A5/A7) 2016 model....that's disappointing about the shared sim slots (no separate micro sd slot). Not sure why any manufacturer would have micro sd slot in one of the sim slots. Unless to discourage people from buying it (force purchase 2 separate phones lol).

Edit: the galaxy A9 has true dual sim capability: http://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-a9-review-672557/ and you got your premium price also...so your almost there.

2016 a9 or a9 pro might be later this year not sure how much different the specs are.

Hi guys it's looks like the Asus Zenfone 2 is the way to go, all reports here are favorable. the downsided reviews were for functions i don't use anyway. Never have long conversations unless on hold by some govt. agency, and prefer my using camera than the phone. But as you all well know the phone is always handier.

While many like the Samsung 7, among other Samsung products for whatever reason, the phone will probably do everything, whatever you may have expect, except dual sim useage..

Have since bought a Skype U.S. number which can be forwarded in my Thai number, at about $0.06 a min. for my Samsung Core Prime.

That was only problem with Samsung, so some time in the future I'll be looking at Asus Zenfone 2, or other models with dual sim capabilities in Thailand. All features worked in the U.S. even a prepaid sims were available that could be topped off with PayPal, however I continued to use AIS topped off by my bank in Thailand.

Thanks for the useful insight.

DP.

I've been eyeing newer asus zenfone the selfie ZD551KL and the max zc550kl ..will likely get the max. Dual standby sim card + separate sd card.

I got the Zenphone Max in Feb and I'm quite impressed with it, even my wife jacked her iPhone 6 for one because of the extended battery life, 5000mAh.

Excellent phone for the money but has a few downsides.

Long, long battery recharge time.

Indoor photo quality is not good. (many bad reviews about this aspect)

Maximum volume is poor.

Some of the constant updates have addressed other known issues.

Lots of places now offering 2 year guarantee, free case and screen protection. About ฿6490.

For the OP, you will have a problem with the low audio output unless you use a Bluetooth earpiece.

I got the Zenphone Max in Feb and I'm quite impressed with it, even my wife jacked her iPhone 6 for one because of the extended battery life, 5000mAh.

Excellent phone for the money but has a few downsides.

Long, long battery recharge time.

Indoor photo quality is not good. (many bad reviews about this aspect)

Maximum volume is poor.

Some of the constant updates have addressed other known issues.

Lots of places now offering 2 year guarantee, free case and screen protection. About ฿6490.

For the OP, you will have a problem with the low audio output unless you use a Bluetooth earpiece.

- Can you look or take a photo of the charger specs itself? I would imagine it is using 2000mA to charge, it can't take more than 5-6 hours to get from 1% to 100%

- does it come with OTG usb adapter?

- photo issues...have you tried different camera modes or camera programs to workaround the problem....or is it a hardware issue?

- the maximum volume....is that using speakerphone, handset, or both? Voice calls, playing music, etc.

- Lazada.co.th was saying 1 year guarantee 5,990 2 day shipping. Who is offering 2 years warranty? Can you name a couple of shops you saw these deals?

I'm heading to bangkok soon, but if I can get it locally in chumphon at a reputable shop or a place like lazada where I can actually turn to someone if I have a problem, I'll get it here.

I'm trying to stay under 9,000 baht. It was one of the samsung stores that had a special on the Galaxy J7 (J700F, not the 2016 edition) for 7,900 cash + 32GB sd card that made me do a quick search online. Then I found out that a 2016 J5/J7 version was supposed to be out (not yet in Thailand though) and so I looked for alternatives and the Asus max came up.

edit for op: www.androidauthority.com/best-dual-sim-android-phones-529470/ keeps up with dual sim phones.

Edited by 4evermaat

Zenphone Max:

1A / 5 volt charger supplied is weak and inadequate. I use fast charge via my Asus laptop.

OTG USB adapter cable supplied.

Camera has many settings but I still find quality lacking indoors but apparently this issue has been sorted with updates. Maybe me!

Video is fine.

Maximum volume is a well documented issue with most Asus Zenphones in all departments, especially using the handset compared with Samsung.

I noticed last week Banana and ITCity were offering the freebees. I prefer ITCity where we are because they are more knowledgeable and tend to throw in a few more incentives to buy.

Here in chumphon, bananaIT, JayMart are the closest things to a chain cell phone place. Seang Tokyo is also trustworthy. I checked several shops....and BananaIT was the one with the best deal. 6490 with screen protector, rubber skin case, 16gb micro sd card and some power bank (as if i needed it). But they had a desk dedicated to new phone purchases. Lots of people seem to get them there....and almost everyone was getting SOME decent freebie.

Initial phone call volume didn't seem that bad. I'll have to keep using it.

BananaIT will offer to upgrade the phone for you which i accepted. Haven't dug into anything yet. I'm still on the old Note 2 with the 2nd sim.

I can use the 2A charger from the samsung. I was looking at the wall in jaymart and noticed they were selling new samsung chargers and cords for 850 baht (output 5v, 2a) Right next to it was the oppo charger for 350 baht (output 5v, 2a). There's your workaround.

There's a program for samsung phones (GALAXY Charging Current) that allows you to measure the current coming to the phone charging port. This tool saves you many baht to make sure you have the correct cable. Not all usb cables are the same after about 1-5 seconds the cheap ones are like 0.2-0.5A. The good quality ones give you at least 1.4-1.5 and should get 1.8-2.0a. You cant just look and tell unless you know the brand already.

Edited by 4evermaat

Here in chumphon, bananaIT, JayMart are the closest things to a chain cell phone place. Seang Tokyo is also trustworthy. I checked several shops....and BananaIT was the one with the best deal. 6490 with screen protector, rubber skin case, 16gb micro sd card and some power bank (as if i needed it). But they had a desk dedicated to new phone purchases. Lots of people seem to get them there....and almost everyone was getting SOME decent freebie.

Initial phone call volume didn't seem that bad. I'll have to keep using it.

BananaIT will offer to upgrade the phone for you which i accepted. Haven't dug into anything yet. I'm still on the old Note 2 with the 2nd sim.

I can use the 2A charger from the samsung. I was looking at the wall in jaymart and noticed they were selling new samsung chargers and cords for 850 baht (output 5v, 2a) Right next to it was the oppo charger for 350 baht (output 5v, 2a). There's your workaround.

There's a program for samsung phones (GALAXY Charging Current) that allows you to measure the current coming to the phone charging port. This tool saves you many baht to make sure you have the correct cable. Not all usb cables are the same after about 1-5 seconds the cheap ones are like 0.2-0.5A. The good quality ones give you at least 1.4-1.5 and should get 1.8-2.0a. You cant just look and tell unless you know the brand already.

Samsung use an odd verison of the micro USB. I think a Samsung cable will work with other phones but you can't use a standard micro USB with a Samsung phone (definitely not the S6).