bike dealer offering 'easy' hp

justaphase

Dealers make ALL their money on finance, save up for a month and buy 2nd hand, then save for another 5 months and buy new. New Wave is about 34k still, I think. Had mine 5 years still looks and rides brand new.

• Like 1

Dealers make ALL their money on finance, save up for a month and buy 2nd hand, then save for another 5 months and buy new. New Wave is about 34k still, I think. Had mine 5 years still looks and rides brand new.

Agreed. If you can pay cash you end up saving a lot of money, and you can put the book in your name without any hassles.

I agree with all the posts above regarding 2nd hand versus financing.

My Thai neighbour recently bought and ancient Suzuki RC100 for 2000 baht. A complete rebuild cost 5500. It now rides like a charm. This guy is smart.

Another neighbour who's not so smart bought a new Honda Wave 125 on financing from the dealer. Five years later he'd paid it off. The total cost was over seventy thousand baht.

I assume you are a young fella, so here is some advice from an old fella, don't buy anything on credit, nearly all the money woes in the whole world are as a result of buying on credit. It is how banks get rich and powerful and how the poor remain poor all their lives.

Sorry, the is a crusade for me...BANKS the scourge of the earth, the worst kind of pestilence and plague..

Save, think, buy and be happy. Besides, bikes/scooters are so cheap here anyway, in the UK a Wave costs £2,000, here it is £680 and will last forever. Does 200mpg and need almost nothing spent on it for the first 5 years.

• Like 2