Best cheapest way from bkk to samui

dirtycash

From bkk to samui what is best way to get there by vip over night bus ? From where and what is price inc ferry ? Also if i do choose to fly its obviously quicker but with which airline is cheapest from bkk suwamaphumi or don muang and what is usual one way fare. Have just got back from samui last week . I was stupid enough to hire car from patttaya so it was expensive on fuel etc and an exhausting drive but we did stop over in hau hin for few nights which was a real pleasure too. Any advice guys most welcome. Im thinking over night vip bus but i want to hear from your expiriences .

When I read the news here about bus crashes, they are almost always overnight buses. I would never take one here. Worst case, take a day time bus and spend the night before getting on the ferry.

Poor Sucker's option is pretty good. The best, of course, is flying there directly. But it's also quite expensive. And I believe they have flights out of Utapao also???

i seen lots of bill boards advertising airasia flights from samui to bkk for 560 baht ( i dont think so ) anyone any prices on flights or vip buses ?

These Air Asia flights do not go directly to Samui, they go to Surratthani Airport, then bus and ferry to Nathon Samui.... if you read the ads closely they do say that!

--------------------------------------------

Cheapest bus ride from BKK to Samui, is from the southern bus terminal in BKK... one friend recently paid 680 baht... bus from BKK and ferry to Nathon, Samui ....

Edited by samuijimmy